Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corn mixed with molasses!!!??

Corn mixed with molasses!!!??

I have used this combo for years and it work absolutley great..however, i read or heard a while back that u could soak the corn in the mollaasses/water and the corn would swell like 5 times the size... anyone ever done this or have a mix/formula they use? will it go bad?

Monsters Inc. BBSK Life Time Member

WE BADDDDD

All Corn will swell when soaked in water. I use the molasses corn mixed with oats and barley for black bear. Works great for bear too
    2008 Ross Cardiac 70Lbs, QAD pro HD, Sims modular stab, Copper john dead nutz 2 sight, Scott Sabertooth release, G5 Meta peep, beman arrows with ONESTRINGER arrow wraps topped with Slick Tricks or GT2's and RIDGERUNNER sling

It's called sweet feed and you can buy it at your local farm supply store.

ya i have gotten sweet feed from sams club before also works great but sux in the rain..i was wonderin about the corn/molasses mix which swells..if im not mistaken, they used 200lbs of corn and a 50 gal drum with i believe 1gal molasses..i cant really recall

WE BADDDDD

Why? Corn works just fine on its own.....

Quote Originally Posted by BCFrye_Kansas View Post
    one thing i have noticed is that coons will not eat the corn as much mixed with the molasses...

WE BADDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by BCFrye_Kansas View Post
    Because molasses has a strong scent which deer can smell pretty far away. Once they associate the smell with the taste, they will never forget it

2bucks128 Guest
    There is a horse feed they use with corn molasses and oats we use to feed horses in the winter time.

alot of the premix stuff is high in price..i can get first run molasses for 15 bux for 5 gallones..thats why i wanted to make a premix of some sort!

WE BADDDDD

I used to use this stuff in high-school. Word awesome. The deer tore it up.

My local feedmill makes a whitetail delite. Corn, sunflower, soybean and molasses. It's all I feed $11.50 for 40# they love it.

i got deer corn they call it here already mixed with molasses in a 40lb bad for 11 a bag it went up 3 bucks since last year but our deer tear it upjake cam 7-16 017.jpg proof is in the pic this guy and 3 other bucks love it

i had a deer last year throw his nose in 2 feet of snow to get to it, i have pics and its really neat to see just to add that sry but the stuff works great get it out there even if you can buy the shelled corn and dump it all over it do it and soon espically on those hot days, dump some high on some trees as well and that smell will bring them in big time
    ANY BOW KILL IS A TROPHY, ANTLERS ARE JUST A BONUS!!!

MATHEWS Z9 62.5 LB 31.5 DRAW, AXION GLX 5 PIN SIGHT, CODE RED CAMO DROP AWAY REST,ARROW WEB 5 ARROW QUIVER....

ttt

WE BADDDDD

A deer can smell corn from about 20ft maybe. A Deer can smell corn with molasses much better. --The only bad thing is the Snipes, they will really root around in that corn if your not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blillydubvee View Post
    A deer can smell corn from about 20ft maybe. A Deer can smell corn with molasses much better. --The only bad thing is the Snipes, they will really root around in that corn if your not careful.
    Billy deer can smell corn from further than 20 feet, I think you know that.

Put molasses on anything and a deer will eat it. I just put out a bag of this corn/molasses mix for a change of pace. Two week ago I poured a jug of molasses over sticks and logs and they ate the whole pile including any dirt that got saturated.
    "my doggie turned to me and he said, let's head back to Tennessee Jed"
    "Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so"
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

I would not see a single deer with that becasue I'd have every bear from miles away eating that.
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Vector 32 - Bone Collector
    Hoyt Spyder 30

not to many bear in my area...

WE BADDDDD

2 bags whole corn mixed with 1 bag sweet horse feed(has molasses in it)

Deer like it bears love it. I have to many bears around me to use anything but a food plot and they get into that too.
    Wife of 13 years, Diagnosed Aug 2013- Triple Negative Invasive Ductile Carcinoma of an aggressive nature.
    Catch Breast Cancer early "Save a life, Feel a breast today."
    Strength for the fighters - Peace for the survivors- Prayers for the taken.

will it go through a auto feeder with the molasses on it or is it to sticky?

will it go through a auto feeder with the molasses on it or is it to sticky?
    Highly doubt it. --Snipes hit the molasses too hard in my area. Mix up some corn with some orange juice if you really want to draw them in.

I want coon and turkeys to leave it alone....

i take the corn and put it in a bucket, then pour a gallon of apple juice and let set for about 30 mins, it seems tow ork really great

A guy talked me into mixing brown sugar with my corn last year. The problem is the deer ate the corn with or without the brown sugar so until they form a deer focus group like the sharks in the snickers commercial I am going to stick with plain ole corn.
    “When a hunter is in a tree stand with high morale values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God”
    Fred Bear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast