Thread: NEED Advice: Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro or XB-30 on StrykeZone 350

NEED Advice: Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro or XB-30 on StrykeZone 350

Hello! I am in the process of buying a Strykezone 350 through Wyvern. (THANKS, everyone, for the awesome refferal by the way!)

I cannot find pictures of the inside the scope of a TenPoint RMPro, I have seen the YouTube video of the XB-30 however. This is my first archery season. My husband supports whatever scope I decide to purchase, but I don't know which one to choose...

Anything lighter is a beautiful thing. However, since I am new to all these different dots and crosshairs, I was wondering which one you think would serve me best? I cannot even remotely pretend to understand the technical things I read throughout the posts on scopes. I read them several times trying to understand what was being said. So, go easy on me folks...newbie here...

Moon, I know you were testing these both out and perhaps hadn't finished up yet, but any initial obervations would be a blessing...I am chomping at the bit to get mine ordered as you can imagine.

So help me get my crosshairs in a row guys...I need to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!

Thanks so much for any help you can offer...

Live by the 7 P's: Prior Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!

Go For the Rangemaster! Lighter, more compact, and quality optics. Also, this is just an opinion, but I think the dot is easier to aim with than a floating crosshair.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PTREP View Post
    ...I think the dot is easier to aim with than a floating crosshair.
    What does that mean exactly? Floating crosshair?

I also saw a video on the SR? which had the red circles, but no magnification. I loved those circles, but I want magnification...

Quote Originally Posted by PAHuntress69 View Post
    What does that mean exactly? Floating crosshair?

I also saw a video on the SR? which had the red circles, but no magnification. I loved those circles, but I want magnification...
    XB-30 would be my first choice. The XB-30 is a variable power up to 4x. The Hawke SR is a decent scope. The opticical clarity isn't as good as the Hawke XB-30 but it is totally adaquate. The Sr is quite a bit lighter in weight too. If you like the circles, you'll love the SR. The Sr is 3x power and has multiple circles by the way. Go to Hawke website and click on crossbow scopes and you can get an exact understanding of each scope. http://www.hawkeoptics.com/crossbow-scopes.html I own and have killed deer with both. Killed a lot of deer with the SR.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr RamCats, & Firenocks. Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

The XB 30 has free floating crosshairs for a reticle. The Rangemaster has mil dots. IMO a mil dot is easier to aim with than circles or floating crosshairs. The reason for this to me because with a mil dot you are centering the reticle on the target, with a circle you are trying to center the taget you are aiming for in the reticle. I think the cricle is the worst, a mil dot is the best and a crosshair is in-between.

I beg to differ!:-)

69, My tests, so far, are limited and it will be awhile before I finish the testing (playing around) with it. Scopes can have subtle differences that some folks will notice and some won't:-) I'm a reticle design and optics nut and IMHO, nothing, so far, has equalled the XB30. I may add a few thoughts to the Pro thread I started here but I'm up to my butt in other stuff right now.
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

Xb30
    2011 Bowtech Strikezone 380 - Hawke XB30 - GrimReapers-Accuspines/Blazers-FireNocks - 438gn./370fps/131.35ke/19foc
    2012 Monster MR6 - HHA - QAD Ultra Rest - K-Tech - Carbon Impact - GrimReapers/Blazers
    2013 Middleton Black 375 SS - XB30 - 20" Accuspines - 29 grn. Aluminum Moon Nocks

Reticle preference is a major point to consider for a crossbow scope. Compare them and think about what they do or don't do for you and what their design could do to hinder or help your aiming under extreme low light conditions. Bulky reticle aiming points can make it tougher for pin point aiming, Too many horizontal lines going all the way to the edge of the lens makes it too busy for many folks, and why are they there anyway?:-) There should be a logical reason for reticle designs but it's certainly difficult to find that reason for some of them.
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......