Firenock Challenge-2011

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Firenock Challenge-2011

Installation

Lumenok- No assembly required, just replace old nock with new lighted nock.
    Firenock- An easy installation of a battery, and the Extreme Shock Battery End cap.
    Carbon Express Laser Eye- No assembly required, just replace old nock with new lighted nock.

Equipment
    Mathews Switchback
    CX Maxima Hunter 250

Purchased
    Lumenok-$9.99- Kinsey’s Outdoor
    CX Lighted Nock-$9.99- Kinsey’s Outdoor
    Firenock- $20.95+($9.95Extreme Shock battery end cap bought online)- Baker’s Archery

Day 1

25 Shots Each Arrow.

After the first shot, it was apparent that the Lumenok and Firenock were far brighter than the Carbon Express lighted nock.. The Carbon Express Laser Eye, required the nock to be pulled out to turn the light off, which became very annoying, the Lumenok has a little button, which requires something like a pin to turn the light off, and the Firenock, by far the easiest and most convenient, requires only to drop the nock to turn the light off. After shooting the 25th group, with the arrows still in the target, the Carbon Express lLaser Eye was difficult to find between the brightly lit Lumenok and Firenock.
    View from 15 yards, right green= firenock, middle red= Lumenok, left green= CX Laser Eye

Day 2

24 Shots Each Arrow
    Conditions: Inside, Not so bright

Shooting the arrows inside made my conclusions from day 1, that the Lumenok and Firenock were far brighter than the CX Lighted Nock, even more apparent. I still am annoyed at how you have to pull the CX Nock out slightly in order to turn the light off. I became more comfortable with turning the Lumenok off and the Firenock was still by far the easiest to turn off. I will mention, however, it was sometimes difficult to turn the Firenock off on carpet.

(Left Green= Firenock, Middle Red=Lumenok, Right Green= Laser Eye)

Day 3

One Shot Each Arrow, let arrow in target for a week.

I shot these arrows in the morning, by the end of the day there was a noticeable difference in brightness in all three arrows.

Day 4

When I checked the arrows in the morning, the CX Lighted Nock was the brightest, while the Lumenok and Firenock were very dim. When I checked in the evening to my surprise the Firenock was out and Lumenok was barely lit, while the CX Lighted Nock was bright compared to the other two.

Day 5

The evening check showed that the Lumenok was still glowing but very dim. The CX Lighted Nock was still glowing fairly brightly.

Day 6

The Lumenok had the faintest glow and the CX Lighted Nock was starting to dim compared to the previous days.

Day 7

The Lumenok is out and the CX Lighted Nock is still glowing.

Day 8

CX Lighted Nock still glowing but very dim.

Day 9

CX Lighted Nock still glowing but very dim.

Day 10

CX Lighted Nock is out.

Day 11
    Replaced Firenock’s battery and soaked in water for 24 hours.

Day 12
    Shot Firenock 24 times, nock lit every time.

Overall Impressions:

Firenock: This nock lit every time that it was shot, however I was surprised that this was the first nock to expire though. The Firenock was the easiest of the nocks I tested to turn off, just drop it on a hard surface. I was impressed with the overall quality of the nock itself, it seems very durable.

Lumenok: This nock was the brightest of the nocks I tested, (maybe because of the red led?) and had good battery life, the only negative I found with this nock is the opening for the switch to turn the light off is tiny and requires something small to turn the light off, I used an allen wretch.

Carbon Express: This nock had the best battery life but was by far the dimmest of the nocks I tested. I became very annoyed with this nock, however, because with it being 100 degrees lately, my hands would sweat and I could not grip the nock to turn off the nock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

The Firenock seems like the was to go. Do they make them in red?
    Mathews SQ2, Toxonics, QAD UltraRest, Easton Flatline

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SCBOW View Post
    The Firenock seems like the was to go. Do they make them in red?
    Firenock comes in 54 colors. And for red ones we can provide 19 shades of red. From floropink to tan red.
    Dorge O Huang Hidden Content Tel: (815) 780-1695 C: (708) 267-0474
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: Hidden Content • Web Store: Hidden Content
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane® Jig, AeroRest™, APS, PAPS, AeroPoint™ with FACT™(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, ACT, CTI, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, AeroConcept™, AeroBowString Jig, Traumahawk™, Dagger™, and Hydro® systems.

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

thanks for your in depth posting ,very good
    i used the lumenok when they first came out and batt. life was nonexistance.
    found one a yr. old and it lights ???
    thx again for the tests...
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

thanks for the test.

be interesting to add some other lighted nocks to your testing.

Doing this test as well. Where are the rest of the results?

Also any problems w lumenok and getting good contact with arrow collar?

Great review but i am a little confused. I have Lumenocks and you have to pull them out slightly to turn them off. I don't know what little button you are talking about?
    Elite Option 7 "Ninja" 62# 28"DL QAD HDX Ultra Rest CBE Tek Hybrid Pro Sight Elite 7" Stab Easton FMJ 400's Rage Trypan 100

I read a comparison review just yesterday with the same three nocks and the firenocks did horribly. Why the difference here???

I can't justify spending $30 on a lighted nock. That just seems crazy. $10, I could do that but not $30.

Should have included Nocturnals in you test.

Markman I think he is talking about the lead wire? I wiggle and pull to shut off lumenok. But I also thought the CX was easy to turn off not annoying IMO. Take a look at mine too if ya want. Thx. And I want a nocturnal to test since everyone mentions only those excluded. And the firenock review before mine the guy had the wrong nock.Many questions are already there if u read not skim....thx

was it a lumenok or a nockturnal?