Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUNTERS DEN OF LAPEER formerly ( STARLIGHT ARCHERY)

HUNTERS DEN OF LAPEER formerly ( STARLIGHT ARCHERY)

Total remodel inside, and a explosion of different merchandise in stock. Check them out !!!

Who's are the new Owners? Do they still have the range?
    Drink alittle drink, smoke alittle smoke.

I'm forgetting what I forgotten

Mr. Gator Eye, yes they have the range. The new owners are two business owner's from Lapeer. They have sure made it look better on the outside. I have not stopped in yet but that might change this Sat. There was a article in the Lapeer County Press a few weeks ago and it sounds like they will have a lot more items in stock.

Is tom and joan still there?

Yes, Tom and Joan is still associated there. If you have not been there you need to check it out, explosion of stock, and you won't beleive the changes. And they still have the range.

I personally know the former owners of starlight...it sure went downhill when they sold and he went to work for PSE....glad to hear it's coming back!

I just bought my bow there 3 weeks ago, before they opened the doors. Really nice place and good people. Go check them out!

First and only time I ever been there was the SVA shoot last winter. Had a good time, definitely could of used a little 'freshening up'. Sounds like the new owners are full into it being a success.
    Martin Scepter lll Nitrous-X
    Rytera Alien Nemesis
    Bob Lee Signature recurve
    Martin Lynx recurve
    ALIEN MAFIA

If you like shooting indoors talk to Tom & Joan about the valley shoots, there're at least 3 a month.
    I'm the outdoor director at CASL in Lansing.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by strikefirst View Post
    I personally know the former owners of starlight...it sure went downhill when they sold and he went to work for PSE....glad to hear it's cthoming back!
    they just sold it to the new owners chuck never owned starlight marilyn and charlie nicols didchuck was just an employee that walked away without saying a word

I just bought my Z7X there this past weekend, and the service was second to none! Not to mention that the store itself looks great, I'll be going back even though its a bit of a drive for me! Also, better prices than VF Sports, and the offer a military discount.

Was just in there Thursday they definitely have more of the higher end equipment that most of us are looking for

I would never in my life step another foot in that store again. First off the original owner shafted me on the sale of my z7, he sold me a z7 with paint rubbed off all over the place that I was too excited to notice when I first bought it. I went back two days later and he told me "sorry you bought the bow like that and I cant help you." excuse me? The bow is brand new and comes with a warranty. So I had to call Mathews myself in which they remedied the situation ASAP and got me a new riser and limbs out within two weeks. I had that service done at another shop. I then drove past one day and noticed they changed owners so I stopped to pick up the improved QCC's so my bow wouldnt creek on the draw. I asked one of the new owners about having them. His first response was "no I dont have them" second response "oh i dont even knwo what a QCC is on your bow". I then said its the Quick cable connect. His response "i dont knwo what that is, let me find someone that might." he went to ask someone else and came out 15 mins later asking me to show him on one of the mathews what it is. I shouldnt havent to show them what it is. If you are a proshop and service mathews you should know about that. Plus the original owner put a red eye peep on my bow and the thing cut my string. there are 100 articles saying red eye peeps cut strings. Yeah so I will never step foot in that place again but thats just my experience, I am sure other will have better experiences and I hope they do. If they keep that kind of lack of knowledge up they will for sure be gone in no time.

Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER1206 View Post
    I would never in my life step another foot in that store again. First off the original owner shafted me on the sale of my z7, he sold me a z7 with paint rubbed off all over the place that I was too excited to notice when I first bought it. I went back two days later and he told me "sorry you bought the bow like that and I cant help you." excuse me? The bow is brand new and comes with a warranty. So I had to call Mathews myself in which they remedied the situation ASAP and got me a new riser and limbs out within two weeks. I had that service done at another shop. I then drove past one day and noticed they changed owners so I stopped to pick up the improved QCC's so my bow wouldnt creek on the draw. I asked one of the new owners about having them. His first response was "no I dont have them" second response "oh i dont even knwo what a QCC is on your bow". I then said its the Quick cable connect. His response "i dont knwo what that is, let me find someone that might." he went to ask someone else and came out 15 mins later asking me to show him on one of the mathews what it is. I shouldnt havent to show them what it is. If you are a proshop and service mathews you should know about that. Plus the original owner put a red eye peep on my bow and the thing cut my string. there are 100 articles saying red eye peeps cut strings. Yeah so I will never step foot in that place again but thats just my experience, I am sure other will have better experiences and I hope they do. If they keep that kind of lack of knowledge up they will for sure be gone in no time.
    i think the place is awesome....yeah there going thru a learning curve.....from what ive seen there not going anywhere

I've heard nothing but good things about them.
    Alpine Nitrous N20 64# 28DL / Alpine Concord 60# 28DL
    Victory VForce V3 400 / Victory VAP V1 400 w/ Firenock AeroOutserts
    TruBall Short-n-Sweet
    Ripcord code red
    Apex Axim

I have always heard nothing but good from customers dealing with Hunters Den, and have always found them to be very knowledgable also.

No one leaves this store unsatisfied with our efforts/wanna be sure,just stop in.
    Mathews Chill , QAD Ultra Pro HDX-Lost , HHA DS OL 5519, K-Tech String Stop ,Victory VAP 1 400's, ULMER 125 Gr Broadheads (Big Game) Slick Trick 125(Whitetail,Bear) Kuiu gear
    Ex Huey Door Gunner Vietnam 1969-1970, D Troop , 2nd Squadron / 1st Cav Regiment BLACKHAWK

^^^^ not sure what that sentence means? Are you trying to say IF I came back in I'd be satisfied?

the above comment was not directed to anyone in particular/ Its dissapointing to hear any negative comments knowing how much effort is spent on satisfying each and every person that comes in the door . With the current staff and owners this archery shop is very much enjoyed by the customers that i have seen come and go . If anyone has anything less then a enjoyable experience with Hunters Den(Post Sept 2011 ) come on in again with an open mind and express any concerns you may have with any lagitimate concerns and give yourself and our staff the oppertunity to convert you to another happy custoimer. Hunters Den is a very nice shop and the combined knowledge of the staff is a great asset to Archers needing assistance and service. We look foward to this year having had time to get organized and the inventory is growing every day ( We added the Bowtech lineup this week) . Looking foward to working with any and all Archers that need assistance
    Mathews Chill , QAD Ultra Pro HDX-Lost , HHA DS OL 5519, K-Tech String Stop ,Victory VAP 1 400's, ULMER 125 Gr Broadheads (Big Game) Slick Trick 125(Whitetail,Bear) Kuiu gear
    Ex Huey Door Gunner Vietnam 1969-1970, D Troop , 2nd Squadron / 1st Cav Regiment BLACKHAWK

I have become a recient customer of Hunters den. I have been shooting with some of their league shooters. The environment is great. The new owner is great. It is wonderful place to shoot if you have not been there recently give it a try it is absolutely wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER1206 View Post
    sounds like a place around here, a bunch of fing idiots..... they are cocky as can be and mess more bows up than all the shops in our area combined
    ''My idea of heaven is chasing Whitetail bucks."

http://countrywideoutdoors.com/

Who's to say the original guy bowhunter1206 was anything more then the property owner. Plenty of people don't know which end of a bow to hold let along know anything about it. Guy comes ino my shop and starts ranting and raving he can hit the door. f he know more then I do he should be the guy owning the shop not me, am I right? Just because the cook doesn't cook your steak right once doesn't mean you should stop eating steak. Give the new owners and shop another chance,doesn't mean you have to date their daughter. The guy could have been human and had a bad day just like the rest of us. Well you guys cause God knows I never have a bad day,the people around me do.

I have nothing but good things to say about the guys up at the Den. They're just like the rest of us who love to hunt and shoot, and have always been helpful and courteous. Over the winter I shot in a league at the Den and had a great time, would highly recommend them for anything.

Camo Lady

I've been there a few times and in a word....WOW!!! Excellent inventory, great service and they talked about plans for growth!
    Love the location, Love the stores look and If I want something, it's all there! Great to see, "Quality Service Still Exists."
    Congratulations to the new owners and staff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast