Archery Talk Forum banner

Peep Sight Alternative... HHA Scope Mount???

9K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  perrys no peep 
#1 ·
Morning all!

Lately I got a bug up my rear about saying goodbye to the peep sight and trying to shoot without one. Needless to say my accuracy went from a silver dollar at 20 to a pie plate. Now that was just using my regular anchor point as a reference. I then tried a Hind Sight, it was a pain in the rear to setup correctly and forced me to change anchor points to use different pins, but was deadly accurate.

Now I'm looking at this HHA sight that comes with a red dot scope, looks nice and solid but has a price tag of $140.

Was wondering what the non-peep shooters are using out there and looking for some suggestions.

Thanks all!!

#8 ·
I've read the same thing a few other places about the HHA. But I trust all of your opinions much more that some reviewer that may or may not be getting paid to say things.

I do realize the advantages of the peep and I actually don't have any problems, I just love trying new things. That's why I get a few new bows every year......

#3 ·
Hindsight Equalizer for me. If you're using the hindsight correctly you should not have to change anchor points ever. You use the same "set" pin all the time and place that pin in the crosshairs. You then lift your whole bow and place your others pins for further distances while keeping your original "set" pin in the crosshairs. The whole point of a Hindsight is it forces you to have the exact same anchor point because if you do not you will not get the "set" sight pin to line up in the crosshair.

#4 ·
Perrys No Peep Archery sights

New July 2011 Perrys No Peep www.perrysnopeep.com If you try my sight you will never look back! Ck out thread in general archery discussion.... "just got my new perry's no peep" Best investment you can make or I'll give you your $ back....Perry Williams (inventor) Bow and arrow Compound bow Archery Bow Sports equipment

#7 ·
Try a Perrys No Peep

Ask Shannon Spann of Lung Buster Archery shooting the world IBO's with Perrys No Peep. His words "Its like cheating" I love feed back but unless you have tried Perrys No Peep its really hard to have an opinion of how it works? Did you read all the 200+ write ups in general archery discussion? My sight is 7.5 oz MADE in USA by American machinist! You will be bragging to to your archery buddy's if you try a Perrys no peep. Promise you that! Thanks for the post!

#6 ·
I am shooting the APO version of the Perrys No peep (alignment pin only) along with my Spot Hogg Real Deal and am shooting very accurately. As far as weight it weighs next to nothing. Also the Perrys tells you things a peep can't such as torque you are applying to the riser and keeping your bow arm alignment when shooting from an elevated position. If peeps are the thing for you that is good but I'll never use one again- I mainly hunt with a little 3D.

#12 ·
Just so you guys know, I have tried a couple peep alternatives. The truth is they didn't help and they actually held me back from getting the level of consistency I was used to (58X 5 spot shooter, with a peep :wink:). I'd be glad to try almost anything, but spending money on something that offers little to no advantages for me would be silly. I'd rather get more arrows. :lol:

If someone, for some reason or another, can't use a peep then by all means go and find something that may help. But if you can use one then it's definitely the simpler, more economical and more consistent alternative.

And I have NO agendas, people. No fish to fry and no grievances with any no-peep makers. I don't collect money from any archery manufacturers either. I do, however, like to be a voice of reason here on AT, where gimmicks and sales pitches run rampant most times. So take my posts for what they're worth.....not much beyond some common sense. :D

#17 ·
Buster of X's ya got me beat on scores. The best I ever did was 38 x's in competition. That was back in the late 80's. I just hunt now and shoot a few local 3d's. Since then I tried several drop away rest and kept going back to old faithful until I tried the Rip cord. Now I can't imagine going back to a tiger tuff shoot through. I used to swear by dflex risers but the new gimick is the parrell limb bows. There is one thing constant about archery and that is change. I tried several rear sighting systems that didn't work. I know how you feel as I felt the same way. What I found by trying this system is that I can shoot later by 15 minutes than with a peep. I don't have to worry about a peep turning. I can shoot with my glasses on. It shows me when I am torquing the bow. Torquing the bow while punching paper is a non issue for me. Torquing the bow at a deer broadside while leaning around a tree and having my form going to sh-- is the difference between a lung shot and a gut shot. I'll be hunting with my APO.
I'm not on Perry's no Peep payroll. He couldn't afford me. I just think he is the maker of a fine product that works. There is a lot of garbage out there. Trust me I've tried most. This one does work.
You are absolutley right a Peep sight is cheaper. What is it worth when you draw down on a monster buck and can't see through the peep.:confused:

#13 ·
Being a member of the over 50 crowd, I wear progressive glasses and I figured that if I could get rid of the peep I might be able to hunt with just my contacts on for distance so I bought an HHA mount with a holographic site. Spent many hours working on sighting in my Oneida Black Eagle but never quite got back to shooting 1 inch groups @ 20 yards as I did with a peep. Never the less I abandoned the no-peep idea for now but I'm intrigued d by Perry's no peep and I'll probably give that a try. Heck- Perry says he'll give you a money back guarantee if you don't think it works- that's a risk-free trial IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.