a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: scent free bug spray?

scent free bug spray?

The mosquitoes are thick in the area that I am hunting due to all the rain this year.

What do you guy's use for a scent free bug spray?

2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

Thermacell
    Reaper Woods Monster XLR8

+1 on Thermacell, but as far as spray goes, there is only one I have heard of that claims no ordor, and it's made by ScentShield. It's called "No Stinkin Bugs"

I use my Thermacell in early season too but I don't think it's scent free either. Not as strong as "Off" or other sprays but some smell for sure.
    "Scores are for ball games". -Me-
    08.5 Elite Z28-AT
    2013 Elite Answer-Snow

South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States
    + 10000 on Thermocells
    Shoot the buck first, then find out what he will really score.....

Thermacell. Has anyone tried the newer earth scent stuff? I dont think theres such thing as "scent free" insect repellent, but i know for a fact the deer dont mind my thermacell.
    I hunt strictly public land...because I can and choose to do so

Perimetherin and Thermacell...I also have gloves, bandana, hat and mask that is Buzz Off clothing...before Elimitick clothing maybe the same thing under new name...
    Google Buzz Off hunting clothes.
    2009 Diamond Stud 65#, 29"DL, 270fps, 29" Beman ICS Hunter 340, 400gr, KE=70#, Momen=.49, NAP 100gr Spitfire, Broken Rack Archery Strings
    2013 TenPoint Titan Extreme 185#, 315fps, 20" TenPoint Pro Elite Carbon bolts, 425gr, KE=94#, NAP 100gr Spitfire

thermacell...

As everyone else has mentioned, there is nothing better than the Thermacell!

I love the new turn dial model and newly designed clip case!

IMG01026-20110806-1334 (3).jpg
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

Thermacell

^ what they said. You can also treat your clothes with that perimathrin stuff and let it dry. DON'T spray it on your skin. trust me!!!

Nathan
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Quote Originally Posted by bugs825 View Post
    ^ what they said. You can also treat your clothes with that perimathrin stuff and let it dry. DON'T spray it on your skin. trust me!!!

Nathan
    I'd be interested to know why you don't want to get the permethrin on your skin? I know they tell you not to get in on you, but everything I've researched on permethrin says that it breaks down harmlessly within 20 minutes of entering the pores on your skin.
    I've gotten it on my skin many times over that past few years without any burning, irritation, or rashes at all. Permethrin is the active ingredient in Frontline for dogs and given in 45% concentration. The permethrin spray I make is .5% concentration, dries completely odorless, and kills and repels ticks, flies, and skeeters for at least 4 weeks.
    A thermocell on the other hand is the equivalent of spraying a fine mist of RAID brand insect killer in a cloud all around you. You breathe it in as you sit in the cloud. That can't be good.