Archery Talk Forum banner

Preseason sent question

379 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Buellhunter 
#1 ·
I am relatively new to the sport and have been scouting a few new areas i hope to take a mule deer out of this year. Archery season starts in acouple weeks and I was wondering if, by trapsing through the beding area, I will upset any patterns with my sent/presence.

#2 ·
I dont know much about mule deer but I never go into a deer's bed unless its to find a downed deer. If you know where he sleeps you have the upper hand just catch him coming out or going in.

#4 ·
Awww. Don't listen to these guys man! Them there deers don't mind it if you hang out with 'em. In my experience...I have learned that you need to get in there in the preseason and let 'em think y'all are buddies, like it's all good. Then...when season starts...you can mosey on in there like nothins up you know...like hey there lil buddy. And WHAMO! Stick one right in his ribs. Hehehe...them deers are so stupid. They fall for it every time.

So give it a try ol' buddy and see how it works for ya. NO SARCASM WAS UTILIZED IN THIS REPLY.:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.