Thread: Grape Kool-aid Powder?

Grape Kool-aid Powder?

I had a guy tell me last nite that he sprinkled grape kool-aid powder in his deer feed, and he claimed they liked it better than sex.

He went as far as to say that he had a feeder that they had quit coming to and he mixed the kool-aid powder and they finished it off in less than three days?

Anybody ever heard of this?
    Matt

I put some in with my trace mineral salt licks this year and I can tell no difference from years past. Gets about the same number of pics roughly as in the past. One buck I have in particular though always eats directly where I poured the majority of it haha

This guy swears by it. He said he learned it from a coon hunter. IDK
    Matt

I would think they would want the kind you dont have to add sugar too and theyre probably after the sugar. You ever dump out powder deercane, you can taste the sweet in the air before it settles.
    Only ever borrow money if someone else is paying it off for you! Do you know what this means?

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlaLogBuyer View Post
    I had a guy tell me last nite that he sprinkled grape kool-aid powder in his deer feed, and he claimed they liked it better than sex.
    I'd be curious to know the basis for his comparison...

Ok, seriously now: I bet they'd like it even more if you put the sugar in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Man View Post
    I'd be curious to know the basis for his comparison...

Ok, seriously now: I bet they'd like it even more if you put the sugar in it.
    You're rite i take things too far some times..

I dont know. Bout half the time i wish i could make em not like it so much! Stuff gets expensive!
    Matt

They ALL loved my Kool-Aid...

imagesCAJWT8J5.jpg

Joe

"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"
    Mathews Switchback XT 28" DL
    MBG Radiant, Whisker Biscuit, String Splitter
    Strikers/Tricks/Blazers, Aero Hunter and World's Best Strings

Quote Originally Posted by joaxe View Post

imagesCAJWT8J5.jpg

Joe
    Hu.. Must be nice
    Matt

Have not tried Cool-Aid but my son decided to randomly toss a bag of unwrapped Jolly Ranchers around last year and my trail cam pics quad droopled!
    Almost every pic the deer had its nose on the ground searching, they trampled that place looking for those things.
    2013 Elite Answer
    2014 Xpedition Archery XRing 6

B-Stinger / HHA / QAD / CX Maxima / RAGE / Center Circle & Retrieverfishin strings

Kool Aid? I guess whatever works. Just dont be surprised if you get a picture of a big red fat man made of glass!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joaxe View Post

imagesCAJWT8J5.jpg

Joe
    I think you meant Jim
    “When a hunter is in a tree stand with high morale values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God”
    Fred Bear

Give them Gatorade instead as it has electrolytes in it to help your deer herd.

Are you sure that deer ate the bait? Lots of coonhunters that hunt over feeders put Kool Aid over corn like you said. I would say chances are a group of racoon came in and cleaned out your bait site. Unless you have photos of the deer I would at least look at this as a possibility.
    the fun is over once you pull the trigger

I dont know about the deer but coons love it, they cant get enough of it. mix some up in it and see what I'm talking about.

I dont think nothing beats plain old apples. I put apples out and before you know it THEY ARE TORE UP. There are so many tricks and gimmicks but just use whatever you feel comfy with.

If you really wanna draw them in, mix some corn with some Mashtaters!

I tried it this year at mineral sites and all it seemed to do was attract hogs.
    Romans 10:9-11

you have to buy the pack that has the sugar already in it...........and it works better if you put it out right before a little rain and mix it in the dirt.

for the record.........they will also dig holes in the ground for marshmallows............and bananas......especially those that are really ripe......and peanut butter.....right out of the jar.........( i am waiting for a note asking for some welch's grape jelly)

will the coons eat it.......absolutely.......but so will the deer.
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Stealth Stabilizer, CE Mayhem Arrows
    HHA sight, QAD Pro series rest, Grim Reaper Broadheads

God is good .....all the time.

mine sometimes get fruit punch flavored koolaid. I pour it on the salt when I put it out. I do not know if it works better or not. I really can't tell the difference.
    I always heard that you put the kool aid in when you added dical phosphate because the sugary koolaid cut the bitterness of the dical. I have no idea if that is true though.

In before the lockdown

I like grape kool-aid! I can see why the deer like it!

never heard of this before
    2012 CPXL, Spot Hogg Hunter wrapped, " 10 Crackers Custom, Spot Hogg Hunter wrapped, QAD HD, Tilttamer, CS Max Hunters, Crackerized, Doinker Spot Hogg Wise Guy! THANKS to Bowtech, T.R.U. Ball, Crackers, Tinks, Spot Hogg, TOAD Presses, and Bucknasty Strings and Cables For supporting the Troops!!! " U Crackerized?

Quote Originally Posted by BLan View Post
    comment was wrong.
    Agreed that the comment was wrong.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

thanks alot, you owe me 1/2 a beer!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    Kool Aid? I guess whatever works. Just dont be surprised if you get a picture of a big red fat man made of glass!!!!!