Thread: spiral cams vs cam 1/2

spiral cams vs cam 1/2

Please give me a compare, and contrast of these two cams... spiral vs the current cam1/2

Have shot spirals a little on a friends bow and liked them...

Asking questions because im going to be giving Hoyt a try.
    June 26th is a day of shame for America. Please have mercy Lord, they know not what they have done.

...depends, if you use proper back tension, then Sprial X's are for you...

..if not....the SHORT valley on the Spiral X's will take off on you at the slightest hint of any creep....
    #60 Hoyt Vector Turbo MAX-1, #60 Hoyt Alphaburner Blackout
    #45 Hoyt Ruckus, TradTech Pinnacle #43 Kaya Carbon Limbs
    Whalen's Hooker Releases & Bowfinger PRO Staffer
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchersP...0?feature=mhee
    http://www.youtube.com/user/realtubular?feature=mhum

I should have asked spiral cam VS cam 1/2 plus

Is this true, if you replace the cams on a spiral cam bow, with cam 1/2 poundage increases and opposite, poundage decreases if you replace the cam 1/2s with spirals?
    June 26th is a day of shame for America. Please have mercy Lord, they know not what they have done.

if you put cam 1/2+ on a bow that has spirals you will lose about 5 lbs if they are comprable in draw length. the best way i know of Jerry to describe the difference in the 2 is that the spirals are a lot like the apex cam on a mathews and the cam 1/2 is a lot like the max cam. i have shot all the above and i think you will like the spirals.
    KY state I.B.O. rep

Quote Originally Posted by J Whittington View Post
    I should have asked spiral cam VS cam 1/2 plus

Is this true, if you replace the cams on a spiral cam bow, with cam 1/2 poundage increases and opposite, poundage decreases if you replace the cam 1/2s with spirals?
    Opposite...
    If you have a bow that was made with cam.5+.....changing the cams out to spirals will add 5#.
    The reverse is true like ky hammer stated.

Depending on the bow, the gtx cam is a good in between, but poundage drops 5 from spiral and 10 from cam.5+ (approx).

Also note, all this is true for a given dl. If you have to change dl, there's another variable for poundage. This is why I always confirm the limb deflection # when planning a change.

about the weight thing..ironically,i called yesterday about that very thing....at least on an ultra-tec w/ xt-2000 limbs,if going to cam and 1/2 from spirals the bow will gain weight ,as much as 10 lbs.

thanks guys for all your help! big change for me, hope it is fruitfull....

I do like the fell of the apex's better than I did the conquest with the max cam bows... which where both good...