Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stepp Ladder - Tree Steps

Stepp Ladder - Tree Steps

I came across a reference to a tree step system called "Stepp Ladder" and need to find out more about these. Are they still made? Can they still be purchased? Does anyone have a set they are willing to sell? Does anyone know the originator, Jim Stepp from Maine?

A YouTube vid demo from some time ago.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ita-L2l4P4

ttt

man, this sure gets sent to the bottom quick

Is there a website.?
    BowJax Shooting Staff
    TNT Revolution

These were great and I have a set of the originals. No longer made, SAD DAY! I spoke with the inventor several years ago but these have been out of circulation for some time.
    Terminalized Bowtech Destroyer 350
    Axcel Armortech HD
    QAD XL Rest
    ACC-360 Arrows
    Carter 2 Shot Release

Thanks for the reply Mohican. Sure is a sad day to find out that these can no longer be purchased. These seem to be just what I've been looking for.

I have two sets and at the time they were the best thing going! Still work great! They take a bit of getting use to get the knot on with the correct amount of slack to let you cam it over, and be tight to the tree, but once on the tree they are ROCK SOLID. I love how you can stand on one step with both feet as you are going up the tree, makes hanging the stand and next steps very easy.

Bummer to hear he doesn't make them any longer

Thanks Bob, any way a guy could talk you out of a set?

They would be pretty easy to make I would think?
    BowJax Shooting Staff
    TNT Revolution

Bob,
    You think you could post some pic's of a step?
    BowJax Shooting Staff
    TNT Revolution

I've found a few. I too think they can be made easily ....since they can no longer purchased. The second picture is of the carry case, displays a logo on it that demonstrates the loop tightening configuration. Althought simple in appearance, a very well thought-out product, wish someone could give me a heads-up on how to contact the originator Jim Stepp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks!
    BowJax Shooting Staff
    TNT Revolution

VA2, hope these pics stir you into making some and please let us know if you do. I'm gonna try myself but can't guarantee what the will look like.

those are sweet. I think I'm going to try to fabricate some.

keep us informed Carbon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jovush View Post
    I've found a few. I too think they can be made easily ....since they can no longer purchased. The second picture is of the carry case, displays a logo on it that demonstrates the loop tightening configuration. Althought simple in appearance, a very well thought-out product, wish someone could give me a heads-up on how to contact the originator Jim Stepp.
    Here you go. http://steppladder.com/

those are pretty slick

The Steppladder site has been inoperative at least five years. The phone number has been out of service as well.

I thought we had a site....shoot!
    BowJax Shooting Staff
    TNT Revolution

Have someone working on a contact, will share with you VA2 if it comes thru.

I wonder if the address on the website is still good?

Business folded a few years ago.

They rock!! A 275 lb fat man has no problems with them. I love them for a tree saddle platform (only need 3). For me, they take more time to set up to climb than lone wolf steps, but I will never part with the ones I have.

I got some from craigslist. Good luck
    In finding them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jovush View Post
    How many did you get? They are worth their price in gold. IMO, they are great for a tree saddle platform!
    Using them for steps to ascend the tree is not as quick as lone wolf sticks. I used them maybe 6 times to ascend a tree, but went back to the lw sticks.

Keepin mine for saddle platforms!

If you have any questions about the stepp ladder I might be able to answer them...i am he guy who posted that youtube video up top....thanks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast