Archery Talk Forum banner

Hamskea Versa Rest

16K views 107 replies 51 participants last post by  redman 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Versa rest from Hamskea Archery Solutions? I absolutely love mine! The very best rest on the marketbar none. .0005 tolerances on the shaft there is no play at all in this rest. It will do everything, limbdriven, cable driven, shoot as a blade style rest but I dont know why anyone wouldnt shoot it in limb driven mode. There are no set screws on any functioning part. Nothing to come loose. One set screw on the whole rest is a secondary tied down for the pull cord. This thing looks like it will last 20 yrs and ten bows. The spring on the limb clamp buffers the whole system so the limb doesn't beat up the rest and stops the flutter at the end on the launcher. Ive been shooting some awesome groups at a 100 yards with my Shuttle T's and Gold Tip Kinetic 200's. The most dependable rest i have ever had on a bow!

Attachments

See less See more
#68 ·
Put a versa rest on my Contender Elite a few weeks back. It's lower limb driven, and I'm using the smaller rigid launcher. I like it so much that I'm sure I'm going to get one to hunt with. Thanks Hamskea :thumbs_up

#70 ·
Anybody missing micro adjustments on their Versa Rest?

I've been thinking of replacing my trusty old GKF Infinity drop away with the Versa Rest since it improves on the one thing I don't like about the Infinity. The launcher arm on the Infinity just hangs out there unsupported on the off side (like most rests). It has always seem like a weak spot even though it's never been a problem. I do like the smooth, repeatable, and very fine rest adjustments on the Infinity though.

#75 ·
Anybody missing micro adjustments on their Versa Rest?
Not in the least. One thing I have found on my Versas (I have 3 now) is that because they did such a good job machining the rests and the tollerences are so tight, is that the rest does not have the typical problems associated with other, non-micro sights...the horizontal adjustment doesn't take off when pressure is removed from the screw (unless a lot is taken off of course) and once a slight amount of pressure is removed, the rest adjustsup/down and left/right effortlessly, and doesn't move in big increments. As long as you are patient and take your time, it is very easy to make slight adjustments to the rest.

#77 ·
There are others of similar type out there that are well over the $100 mark...and have PLASTIC parts on them. There are no other rests out there that give you 5 options in ONE arrow rest...let alone the rock-solid design, decent sized screws/bolts you can't ruin, and the nearly fool-proof design that won't get knocked out of line or jammed up with the way the airlines mistreat the baggage!
I've had other rests that, when I opened the bowcase after travel, I had to completely re-set the arrow rest, timing and everything. They had completely knocked things into oblivion and jammed the arrow rest up something terrible....NOT GOOD for a fall-away arrow rest.
The lanyard isn't likely to be pulled out of whack due to the spring mechanism that is soaking up the jarring and load.

By far, the best arrow rest I've run across.

field14 (Tom D.)

#78 ·
Just became a dealer

I just sold my first two....they are by far the most versatile rest I have seen....

They retail a little over some others, but not by much when you look at what you are getting in the package....you are getting a rest that can do it all and then some....

Park-n-Sons Precision Bowstrings
Via DROID-X

#80 ·
This is nice rest! Guys at Hamskis did well.
DB

#85 ·
I just set one up yesterday that I picked up from Ex-Wolverine. I was a big fan of the Limbdriver, but I had two of them fail on me. I've seen countless others that have had no problems, I just had bad luck with them. The Versa Rest is a Limbdriver on steroids. Totally awesome. Couldn't be more pleased with it. I'm going to find someone to machine me a long mounting bar so I can run it behind the bridge on my Hoyt.

Price is high, but you're getting confidence and piece of mind in your equipment. I can't put a price on that.

#86 ·
It's almost offensive to the Versa at least, to mention the LD in the same sentence. :wink: And, I know you are not alone in having problems with the LD. It is a good rest, that was never improved or fixed...

#98 ·
I have to disagree strongly with the few on here that think micro-adjust is no big deal. If you only crudely tune your bow (like 98% of the bowhunters out there) this is fine I suppose. I micro-tune my bow and feel micro-adjust is a MUST. The ability to make minute adjustments and then return to my exact same position, if needed, saves a ton of time and frustration that is inevitable when dealing with manual adjustments on a block of metal.

I simply don't know how you can pay big $ for a rest without micro-adjust or how you could possibly consider it to be at the top of it's class. Sorry, but I'll stick with the AAE Pro Drop which is rock solid, dependable, cheaper and has micro-adjust! When Hamskea puts micro—adjust on this thing I'll take it seriously.

#99 ·
I have to disagree strongly with the few on here that think micro-adjust is no big deal. If you only crudely tune your bow (like 98% of the bowhunters out there) this is fine I suppose. I micro-tune my bow and feel micro-adjust is a MUST. The ability to make minute adjustments and then return to my exact same position, if needed, saves a ton of time and frustration that is inevitable when dealing with manual adjustments on a block of metal.

I simply don't know how you can pay big $ for a rest without micro-adjust or how you could possibly consider it to be at the top of it's class. Sorry, but I'll stick with the AAE Pro Drop which is rock solid, dependable, cheaper and has micro-adjust! When Hamskea puts micro—adjust on this thing I'll take it seriously.

I agree and thought the same thing.............

#106 ·
Well, Ken at Baldy's is gonna put one on my Sentinel FLX, so I can't wait to try it. The QAD (great rest mind you) Bone collector edition are going for 159.99 at the shop I go to a lot, so I don't mind paying 20 bucks more and trying a different rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.