Archery Talk Forum banner

Hamskea Versa Rest

16K views 107 replies 51 participants last post by  redman 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Versa rest from Hamskea Archery Solutions? I absolutely love mine! The very best rest on the marketbar none. .0005 tolerances on the shaft there is no play at all in this rest. It will do everything, limbdriven, cable driven, shoot as a blade style rest but I dont know why anyone wouldnt shoot it in limb driven mode. There are no set screws on any functioning part. Nothing to come loose. One set screw on the whole rest is a secondary tied down for the pull cord. This thing looks like it will last 20 yrs and ten bows. The spring on the limb clamp buffers the whole system so the limb doesn't beat up the rest and stops the flutter at the end on the launcher. Ive been shooting some awesome groups at a 100 yards with my Shuttle T's and Gold Tip Kinetic 200's. The most dependable rest i have ever had on a bow!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Its hollowed out for the large shaft that is the drive shaft for the whole rest. It's not as heavy as it looks and on my bow I have an overdraw that makes it look a little bigger. It's beefy no doubt but that is what will make it last and be trustworthy. The bearings the shaft runs on are silky smooth for extrmemly accurate loading of the launcher when the bow fires. You want the launcher to flex a little at launch or else the arrow has to bend around the rest. You also want a 30-35 degree launcher angle so you get a smooth transition on the launch of the arrow. It's built to win world championships and designed to hunt

#4 ·
You should do a youtube video on the rest, Tim. :cool:
I saw it on your bow when you were sitting at your booth during the Indoor Nationals and thought it looked very impressive. :thumbs_up

#5 ·
I picked mine up from Tim at the IBO worlds, I had a small problem and Tim was gracious enough to spend an hour with me at the butts. This rest is a tank and aptly named. Limb driven, fall away or fixed blade. Large selection of launchers and blades come with it. A lot of thought went in to the designing of this rest. Tim is a great ambassador for Hamskea and Gold tip.

#6 ·
I think Shawn and Andrew are going to get a video together to show the benefits of limbdriven over cable driven and show Pros and cons to differnt rest styles. Limb driven is still my favorite because they drop when the arrow is bending vertically and off of the rest. That makes the cord length not nearly as critical as it is on a cable driven rest

#7 ·
I bought two and have now installed them.

One is on my target bow (Hoyt VE) and one is on a hunting bow (Hoyt Carbon Matrix).

I opted for limb driven on both of these. It was very easy to setup and both bows are shooting great.

Expensive, but worth every penny!

#10 ·
Sounds good on the video, Tim. :thumbs_up

Can you post some pics of your rests, IlBuckMaster ?

#11 ·
Product Auto part Clamp
Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Microphone Adapter
Motor vehicle Parallel Vehicle

After three years of prototypes and development, trials at the Las Vegas Archery Festival in 2011 resulting in an appearance in the Men’s Pro Shoot down round, a prefect field round to its credit and multiple successful field tests, Hamskea Archery Solutions is proud to introduce the VersaRest (patent pending).

This is the most versatile and configurable rest on the market today. Attention to detail was applied to every aspect of the design resulting in a rest that is built like a Panzer tank yet performs like a fine Swiss watch! Our design focused approach led to an End-2-End (E2E) sealed stainless bearing containment system and Zero Tolerance Technology (ZT2) that takes advantage of state of the art machining processes. These design elements result in a rest that maximizes your accuracy!

The Versa Rest can be configured multiple ways to accommodate your individual shooting style and/or preferences. The Versa Rest can be configured for:

1) Top Limb Actuated (standard)
2) Bottom Limb Actuated
3) Cable Actuated
4) Cable Fall Away
5) Cable Slide Fall Away
6) Fixed Position/Blade
7) Adjustable Spring Tension Mode

Try that with you current rest or any rest on the market today! To get the equivalent versatility with the rests on the market today you would have buy a minimum of four (4) rests and spend over $340 ! ! !

The VersaRest has been designed to tolerances as small as 0.0005” in critical areas that can affect your accuracy. In some instances, the tolerances are Line-2-Line (L2L) to ensure zero slop; we call it Zero Tolerance Technology (ZT2). What’s the tolerance on your rest? No other mechanical rest has these kind of tolerances on the market today.

One common problem with mechanical rests is the launcher can bounce up into the path of the arrow. The VersaRest employs a patent pending in-line spring mounted to the limb clamp. This in-line spring feature has three distinct benefits and advantages over others:
#1 It acts like a shock absorber which minimizes the effects of launcher flutter/ bounce.
#2 It also takes out any stretch to the limb driven halo cord ensuring accuracy.
#3 It also reduces the force of the impact that the limb imparts on the rest as the launcher slams into the stop position ensuring the rest stays in place in the riser.
The in-line spring ensures many years of consistent and reliable performance from the
VersaRest.

Integrated into the design is the ability to adjust the angle of the launcher blade’s up position and down or stop position. The VersaRest can be configured with two set screws in the body of the rest along with stack washers to set these angles. If you like your launcher at a low angle, remove the factory installed washer and the angle will be lowered. If you like a steeper launcher angle, add washers to create the desired angle. Many times launchers slam into the bow riser causing additional launcher bounce and noise. The VersaRest second set screw allows you to set the stop position of the launcher eliminating the bounce. No other rest on the market gives you this custom flexibility. In addition, the launchers can be positioned left to right on the shaft using the multiple mounting hole positions, allowing you to make large windage adjustments.

Often times, rests have cantilevered designs which will have increased play as they wear down over time, and accuracy is only as good as your equipment’s repeatability The VersaRest employs an End-2-End (E2E) design which captures the outboard end of the shaft, driving the affects of bearing wear to almost zero. The stainless steel bearings ensure a smooth “Swiss watch” type action and the full capture design of the outer bearing results in Zero Tolerance Technology (ZT2). The “C” clamp compression lever arm design and the octagon shaft allow for repeatable attachment with zero slip; another example of Zero Tolerance Technology (ZT2).

If that wasn’t enough, the VersaRest I-beam design is proven to be the strongest and lightest on the market today. As solid as a Panzer tank, this design will not disappoint. This feature also allows for the integration of a rear rubber arrow guide that ensures the launcher will pick up your arrow every time you draw your bow.

The VersaRest comes with all the hardware to configure your rest any way you choose and includes three launcher blade options standard! A .012 Stainless Spring Steel Wide Blade Launcher, and a .012 Stainless Spring Steel Narrow Blade Launcher for the fixed position. In addition, it comes with the Contoured Accu-Guide Launcher, which is a rigid launcher that can be used for target, 3D or hunting. The Contoured launcher comes with a custom, precut felt piece for ultra quite performance while hunting.

Hamskea Archery Solutions is committed to bringing you the very best products on the market today. Maximize your accuracy with the VersaRest!

#12 ·
Looks really well built and if I know Tim he knows every little part, spring, screw, washer etc on that thing and the hows and whys it works. Will it get the left tears out of the spiral cams? You need to put some in some Target archers hands. HINT HINT. :wink:

#16 ·
Too much plastic in the construction ! :thumbs_do

#19 ·
nXXo, You can change out the bottom "Stop" screw and put in the nylon "Stop" screw to reduce any noise, I myself cant tell the difference when the bow fires, I use the factory installed screw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.