Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: equalizer treestands what happen

equalizer treestands what happen

what happen to the equalizer treestands co. you cant reach them and the web sight is up but you cant make a order. are they still around?

Marty Poole
    Team #30 - Crimson Vanes
    facebook.com/huntfish25
    SHOOT A BOWTECH 05 ALLEGIANCE DUALLY 80bls XX78 2219 29" ARROW WITH 125 MUZZY 3 BLADE BROAD HEAD. 590G AT 263FPS 91 KE's 20 yards - 80 yards

I've been in hot pursuit of them for quite awhile, currently own four of them but need another. I spoke with Gretchen about a year ago and she indicated that they experienced some significant issues spring of '10 while attempting to move their manufacturing overseas (in order to compete with the rest of the "made in China" treestand market). Well apparently their troubles were so deep that they have not been at any tradeshows and will not return your phone call or e-mail. I live in NC and contacted the Wilmington tax assessors office (Wilmington, NC is where the company is located) and they have renewed their business license and it's good until May '12 but they could not confirm whether or not they were actually producing any product. I'll be in Wilmington in a few weeks and will stop by their plant to see if I can catch any of them around but based on lack of response thus far I don't have my hopes up. They are not telling their dealers anything, no updates, nothing; they did offer to sell their patent to a friend of mine so that tells me they may be out of business for good. I'll post an update once my visit is complete. I have literally contacted every dealer on their website and have researched this fairly deep but still come up empty. If you find someone who has a "hidden stock" of them just lying around please let me know.

They were haveing problems that they couldnt go into much detail..told me we wil see another "equalizer"in the future..sounded like spring of 2012......fingers crossed....may be another name...
    Elite answer/axcel/qad/gold tip/g5

Quote Originally Posted by BlueH2O View Post
    I've been in hot pursuit of them for quite awhile, currently own four of them but need another. I spoke with Gretchen about a year ago and she indicated that they experienced some significant issues spring of '10 while attempting to move their manufacturing overseas (in order to compete with the rest of the "made in China" treestand market). Well apparently their troubles were so deep that they have not been at any tradeshows and will not return your phone call or e-mail. I live in NC and contacted the Wilmington tax assessors office (Wilmington, NC is where the company is located) and they Thave renewed their business license and it's good until May '12 but they could not confirm whether or not they were actually producing any product. I'll be in Wilmington in a few weeks and will stop by their plant to see if I can catch any of them around
    but based on lack of response thus far I don't have my hopes up. They are not telling their dealers anything, no updates, nothing; they did offer to sell their patent to a friend of mine so that tells me they may be out of business for good. I'll post an
    update once my visit is complete. I have literally contacted every dealer on their website and have researched this fairly deep but
    still come up empty. If you find someone who has a "hidden stock" of them just lying around please let me know.
    Where in wilmington? I live about 60 miles from there.
    Bob

I have also contacted them many times via phone calls and repeated emails wanting to place an order and have recieved no reply from them.
    It really sucks cause they are my favorite treestand !
    Im also looking for new leveling handles if anyone knows where some are to order.

they last time i talk to them was on the phone about year in half ago. they told me they was have problem getting parts. they insure me they will be at the Harrisburg show. they did not show up, this was the only reason my friend went there. i really looking for a friend i bought one 2 or3 years ago and he love my stand. i know they coast a bunch but you will think with a stand as good as this more people will be wounder what happen to them. once you used one a few times you wounder how you live with out it, some people will pay $1000 for a bow $200 for the sights for it, $100 for the rest, $200 for arrows and hunt out of a $150 stand. you live on that stand any where for 5-10 hours at a time i want to feel safe coftable in it. this is the reason i bought a equalizer it worth $350 to be able to sit in it all day long not worrying am i going to fall and to able to sits all day long with aces and pains
    Marty Poole
    Team #30 - Crimson Vanes
    facebook.com/huntfish25
    SHOOT A BOWTECH 05 ALLEGIANCE DUALLY 80bls XX78 2219 29" ARROW WITH 125 MUZZY 3 BLADE BROAD HEAD. 590G AT 263FPS 91 KE's 20 yards - 80 yards

UPSERMAN you can find the Equalizer Treestand manufacturing plant at 1220 South 13th Street in Wilmington. Since they're not answering my calls I'm going contact the manufacturing plant across the street from them and ask if there has been any activity at the Equalizer plant over the past few months (ie shipping/receiving, vehicle/people traffic, etc). Google maps (steet view, 2011 image) shows an empty parking lot and not much activity anywhere around the bldg but someone in the immediate area has to know something. There is alot more to the drama surrounding Equalizer than meets the eye - after an attempt to move manufacturing overseas the "rep" they were working through in China ran away with $1M of investment money which really set them behind and was the catalyst that shut'em down last fall. Also, during my last phonecon with Gretchen (circa spring '11) apparently the owner passed away and they were attempting to get all of the business legal documents in order. According to their annual report (which I'm sitting here looking at) the company is registered to Barbara Graham and she is listed as the President of the company which is a change from the listing of Thomas Graham the previous year. As I mentioned in a previous post, they did renew their business license (expires May 2012), but they're simply not letting on to the current status of the company... it would be nice if they would at least let their dealers know something or pick up the phone or answer the occassional e-mail. Let me know what you find out, otherwise I'll post my findings next week.

**UPDATE** Apologize for the delay but work has had me tied up. Gretchen called a close friend of mine yesterday, (14 Oct) and indicated that they are scheduled to begin shipping treestands in January 2012. Apparently they have been wrapped-up in litigation and the lawyers had instructed them not to speak to any dealers or customers due to the nature of the issue. She indicated that is all behind them now and they will, in fact, begin manufacturing soon with a target month as indicated above. I don't know if the stands are still made in the USA or not but I do know she has been returning calls frantically in an effort not to lose any more customers, so if you left them a vox mail she will likely be returning your call at some point or you can call them yourself and you "should" get an answer...I have not tried this yet but will this coming week. I also don't know if they are making any new mods to their existing line of treestands but the fact that they are planning on shipping and are answering the phone is a huge step in the right direction. Hope everyone has a productive and safe season!

Ok...well for those who have a stand then how can we get a hand crank? I have a stand that is basically a very expensive non-leveling stand without the hand crank. You'd think that a simple email would be easy....someone has to have some hand cranks somewhere.
    "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God" (Psalm 42:1, NIV).
    3rd BTN, 9th Marines---Semper Fi!!!
    2010 Elite Judge 70# @ 26"...415 grain arrow at 275 FPS for 69#'s of KE.
    67 1/4" Osage Self bow 51#'s @ 26"
    Paulie G. http://www.vortexoptics.com/

that sucks i have 2 of their stands and will need new cables soon figures

equalizer treestands what happen
    Someone set up them the bomb!

Equalizer Treestand Leveling Handle Home Repair
    We purchesed a couple of Equalizer Leveling Treestands a couple of years ago and have been EXTREMELY pleased with these stands... but I ran into a small problem last year. In the late season with the temperatures dropping down very low both the leveling crank handles on my stand broke. Now I will be the first to admit I am kinda rough on stuff but dagnadit I hunt ALOT and 99% of the time its from my climber. I was still able to ajust the leveling on the stand but it was a pain trying to turn the broken off small squares at the base of the handles.
    So I thought no problem I'll order new ones.. well for some reason they are not operating their buisness at this time ( there were some rumors about them going around I will not repeat )
    I didnt want to call all over the USA to Dealers hoping one would have them in stock. So I figured to hell with it me and the hubby can find a way to fix them, so off the the hardware store we went and we came up with this idea.

I hope this will help someone else if they run into the same problem with the crank handles breaking.

We used these Black PVC plumbing parts as replacement handles( dont ask me what they are called I dont have a clue )
    This is what the original handles look like.
    Equalizer Leveling Crank Handle.jpg

1. I first ground down the old broken crank handle to a square on he grinder.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 020.jpg

2. I then took the Black PVC Pipe put it in the vise and dremeled 4 groves down in it to allow the Original Crank Handle Square to fit down inside it snuggly, and then cleaned up the plastic burrs out of it with a pointed file.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 023.jpg

3. I then put a small amount of JB Weld down the groves I had Dremeled in the the Black PVC Pipe.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 026.jpg

4. I then put the pipe back in the vise and inserted the original crank handle square down in the pipe to let it setup in place with the JB Weld for 6 hours.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 024.jpg

5. After the 6 hours I attached to stand.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 027.jpg

And its been one month and a week that I have been using it with this modification and it is working well.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 006.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NOLTO View Post
    Equalizer Treestand Leveling Handle Home Repair
    We purchesed a couple of Equalizer Leveling Treestands a couple of years ago and have been EXTREMELY pleased with these stands... but I ran into a small problem last year. In the late season with the temperatures dropping down very low both the leveling crank handles on my stand broke. Now I will be the first to admit I am kinda rough on stuff but dagnadit I hunt ALOT and 99% of the time its from my climber. I was still able to ajust the leveling on the stand but it was a pain trying to turn the broken off small squares at the base of the handles.
    So I thought no problem I'll order new ones.. well for some reason they are not operating their buisness at this time ( there were some rumors about them going around I will not repeat )
    I didnt want to call all over the USA to Dealers hoping one would have them in stock. So I figured to hell with it me and the hubby can find a way to fix them, so off the the hardware store we went and we came up with this idea.

I hope this will help someone else if they run into the same problem with the crank handles breaking.

We used these Black PVC plumbing parts as replacement handles( dont ask me what they are called I dont have a clue )
    This is what the original handles look like.
    Equalizer Leveling Crank Handle.jpg

1. I first ground down the old broken crank handle to a square on he grinder.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 020.jpg

2. I then took the Black PVC Pipe put it in the vise and dremeled 4 groves down in it to allow the Original Crank Handle Square to fit down inside it snuggly, and then cleaned up the plastic burrs out of it with a pointed file.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 023.jpg

3. I then put a small amount of JB Weld down the groves I had Dremeled in the the Black PVC Pipe.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 026.jpg

4. I then put the pipe back in the vise and inserted the original crank handle square down in the pipe to let it setup in place with the JB Weld for 6 hours.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 024.jpg

5. After the 6 hours I attached to stand.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 027.jpg

And its been one month and a week that I have been using it with this modification and it is working well.
    Stand fix and Holly Hocks 006.jpg
    cool thanks for info

Ditto...I'll try this sometime soon.
    "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God" (Psalm 42:1, NIV).
    3rd BTN, 9th Marines---Semper Fi!!!
    2010 Elite Judge 70# @ 26"...415 grain arrow at 275 FPS for 69#'s of KE.
    67 1/4" Osage Self bow 51#'s @ 26"
    Paulie G. http://www.vortexoptics.com/

Orange County, NY (Future Iowa Resident!)
    So any new updates on Equalizer Tree Stands? I purchased their stand in 2008 and without a doubt it's the best stand I have ever owned! I sure hope they get things going again!

i been calling them like crazy and no one answer my calls. you cant leave a massage to full or that what it said the last time i let it play. they need to let people know they are still sell them stands i know least 5 people will buy one today.they see my stand and want one. they should let people know if they going to be at the hers burg show in pa. i tell them to wait but we see when they open

Quote Originally Posted by BlueH2O View Post
    **UPDATE** Apologize for the delay but work has had me tied up. Gretchen called a close friend of mine yesterday, (14 Oct) and indicated that they are scheduled to begin shipping treestands in January 2012. Apparently they have been wrapped-up in litigation and the lawyers had instructed them not to speak to any dealers or customers due to the nature of the issue. She indicated that is all behind them now and they will, in fact, begin manufacturing soon with a target month as indicated above. I don't know if the stands are still made in the USA or not but I do know she has been returning calls frantically in an effort not to lose any more customers, so if you left them a vox mail she will likely be returning your call at some point or you can call them yourself and you "should" get an answer...I have not tried this yet but will this coming week. I also don't know if they are making any new mods to their existing line of treestands but the fact that they are planning on shipping and are answering the phone is a huge step in the right direction. Hope everyone has a productive and safe season!
    Marty Poole
    Team #30 - Crimson Vanes
    facebook.com/huntfish25

Thanks for the update!

So are they back selling them again? It's now February.

are they at the PA show this week? me friend
    wants to buy one there if they are if not he look for another stand.
    Marty Poole
    Team #30 - Crimson Vanes
    facebook.com/huntfish25

um, i believe Summit's are made here in the USA
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

For those of you curious about this company I'd suggest you find another company. Their customer service is absolutely garbage. Buyer beware.

David

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    2013 Tenpoint Titan Xtreme, BE Executioners
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX - 51.5 lb, 28" DL
    Spot Hogg Hunter w/Wrap, QAD HDX, Beman ICS Hunter 400s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade
    2011 Diamond Razor Edge - 50 lb, 28.5" DL
    Redhead Carbon Fury 4560s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade

I would like to see one of these stands, could someone please post a Pic......................Thank s Mark

Looks like they will be in business August 2012.

http://034d140.netsolstores.com/offline.aspx
    "In a Negative World - Be a Positive Influence!"

Quote Originally Posted by SMGaines06 View Post
    Looks like they will be in business August 2012.

http://034d140.netsolstores.com/offline.aspx
    Thanks for the info! Glad they will be back in business. Equalizer is the best treestand I have ever used!

DSC01660.jpgDSC01662 (Medium).JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by RUN-N-LATE View Post
    I would like to see one of these stands, could someone please post a Pic......................Thank s Mark
    I have since replaced the sling seat with a better sling seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast