Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSE somewhat of a disappointment........

PSE somewhat of a disappointment........

I purchased a new PSE 2010 SS from a PSE dealer. The dealer told me he registered the bow to me and I wouldn't have to worry about it. I called PSE this morning and the guy tells me they haven't gotten it yet, tells me to give it another week. The draw length is short about an inch and it's The only one they had in stock, I asked if they had cams to swap out and the dealer said they didn't have any. I thought to myself no big deal, I can always swap them out later as long as I have the bow. So I asked the guy at PSE if I would be able to do a cam swap? He tells me that bow is 2yrs old. and they may not have cams for it!!!!! In order for me to confirm this I have to go to my dealer and have them make the inquiry. I also needed the bottom draw stop as it was missing from the bow and again he tells me to see my dealer. I don't get it? Some people-(customers/consumers) claim they were able to get parts directly from PSE???? The bow hasn't even made 2 yrs.old yet and there is a possibility that there are no cams available from the factory for it. The guy was telling me that the UF cams for the Omen and SS models are different. I was somewhat shocked because I know they have replacement 70lbs limbs for a 2005 AR37 from (Archery Research) which is no longer in existence.
    Will be calling my dealer later today to see if any of the parts are available.

What exactly do you need for a draw length? I hate to say this but this dealer sounds kind of fishy if he sends you a bow that is missing a draw stop? Why didn't you just register the bow when you were on the phone with PSE? Does the bow even have it's sticker with the serial # still on it? I explained in another post (that you read) that PSE doesn't do cam swaps with consumers for various reasons. Also the UF cams are the same what is different is that on the Omen a #9 cam is 29" on the SS it is 28" I think that was the point he was trying to make. I can get you the draw stop. JB

Don't blame PSE for this.

It's somewhere between you and your dealer that this happened. In 09 they only had one SS bow and that had GX cams which were only available 1 year (09). The limbs for the AR bows (except the Velocity which used a split limb configuration) were the same from 03-07 so I don't have a doubt they had at least one extra set of those laying around. And most companies have you go through your local dealer (especially cams) so they are installed correctly. Not saying you don't know how but it's more or less them covering their hindends and it makes sense to keep their dealers in the loop when a customer needs help. Hopefully the shop you got it from helps you out promptly and with ZERO attitude since they sold you the bow to begin with. Let us know how it turns out.
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, CJ Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods,PSE X Weave Pro 300, 85 Grain Grim Reapers
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

can't understand why you are blaming PSE when you should be blaming the dealer!!! They sold you a bow that was missing parts....didn't they look it over when they were setting up the bow for you??? Why did they sell you a bow that doesn't fit you?? If they saw that the draw length was wrong they should have changed it. By the way some people claim to be "the hope for change" and you see what that got us!!! But somehow it's PSE's fault???

Cams are the same as the omen. Just might need a different number as said above.

Bottom stop is the same short one they use on most of the bows.

Top stop is longer and specific to the UF cams

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hitman846; September 6th, 2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: not needed
    Vantage Elite +'s (77#, 60#, 55#) And a Matrix with Spirals for hunting
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Quote Originally Posted by Cdpkook132 View Post
    Cams are the same as the omen. Just might need a different number as said above.

Bottom stop is the same short one they use on most of the bows.

Top stop is longer and specific to the UF cams

Sorry fixed it

When you walk into the proshop attached to the factory and are still treated like dirt it says a lot.

Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Hey we are looking for a manager for our Pro-Shop!! Not trying to be sarcastic....just a thought. Always looking for great people. Sorry your service sucked. JB

Sorry fixed it

When you walk into the proshop attached to the factory and are still treated like dirt it says a lot.

i love PSE always have ,since the beginning ...but ....why would you buy a bow that doesn't fit?
    did you think they quit making them, or what?.

like you said (no big deal)

but for most ...we would buy a bow that fits..............i wear size 14 boots ,but these 11 are all they had ,so i bought them!.............danner boots are somewhat a disappointment now.....
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

1`````````

Alot of it goes back to the dealers PSE doesnt always have the best. I'm still chasing a cracked limb that my dealer and PSE don't want to deal with from a 2010 Omen. I'm just going to buy new ones for it and sell it. I wont buy PSE again just because of this. I have always shot PSE for 15 yrs or better had probably 10-11 new bows from them. Years ago you could just call them, send them the bow or parts, and they would take care of you, not anymore.

i bought a 2010 dream season x-force last year didn't shoot it much. When i was setting it up this year i found that it only had 5 inches of brace and it should have 6 inches. So i did some research with local dealer and found out pse put a dream season sticker on a omen riser. customer service and my dealer had no problem fixing this problem with a new bow even though it was almost a year later.

id find a new shop
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Quote Originally Posted by cory2011 View Post
    i bought a 2010 dream season x-force last year didn't shoot it much. When i was setting it up this year i found that it only had 5 inches of brace and it should have 6 inches. So i did some research with local dealer and found out pse put a dream season sticker on a omen riser. customer service and my dealer had no problem fixing this problem with a new bow even though it was almost a year later.
    Omen has 5.5" bh and dream season has 6.5" btw

sorry bro didn't put in the .5 guess we r all not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by cory2011 View Post
    sorry bro didn't put in the .5 guess we r all not perfect.
    Just wanted to make sure the correct information was out there. I am not perfect either ;(

I cover part of NY. What shop....actually PM me the info I will help you. JB

Quote Originally Posted by Froggskinner 1 View Post
    Alot of it goes back to the dealers PSE doesnt always have the best. I'm still chasing a cracked limb that my dealer and PSE don't want to deal with from a 2010 Omen. I'm just going to buy new ones for it and sell it. I wont buy PSE again just because of this. I have always shot PSE for 15 yrs or better had probably 10-11 new bows from them. Years ago you could just call them, send them the bow or parts, and they would take care of you, not anymore.

I'll not sure where I lost a bunch of you????
    The bow is a (New) 2010 hence not a new year model, which can pretty answer why parts weren't on hand to do a cam swap. For those who are not aware the 2010 PSE SS W/ the UF cam is not the easiest bow to find, new or used.

I believe I spoke with "Zack" at PSE, it was he that said they "PSE" may not even have cams for it being almost 2 yrs. old. I asked him point black, but isn't it the same at the Omen, and he replied No. Saying the profile of the cam was slightly different due to the riser length and or angle. Also said that the bow was only made for one year only and they didn't produce a bunch of them.
    I asked "Zack" if I should do the online registration thing, he said yes but also said give it a week before I do just to double check.
    So the guy "Zack" at PSE is wrong about the cam being different?
    So can I just assume that when all the "Joe Blows" out there reply that PSE fixed them up but sending parts to them are all lairs?

And for all those that got bent about this post, the key word here is "disappointment" I never said they are a *&*&$!!! Company. I still have and enjoy my 08 SS, shoot it more than my SR71 right now and once I get the 2010 squared away, the 08 will more than likely see limited shooting time as well.

PSERepNE- PM in a few mins.

Thanks

Just wanted to make sure the correct information was out there. I am not perfect either ;(
    It's all good Collin, You should come to the shoots at the Proshop. Next one will be in mid October.
    PSE MILITIA

if your bow is a 2010 it uses uf cams..wich are all the same just different sizes..pse still and will be making them for a while..any pse dealer can do a cam swapp for you..thats really up to the dealer though..
    JOHN'S CUSTOM ARCHERY LLC(Custom strings and tuning)
    PSE,Athens,New Breed ,Obsession,Elite,Xpedition dealer
    2014 Bows Arriving Daily
    whalens hooker dealer,tight spot quivers.
    PSE PRO STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by Breathn View Post
    if your bow is a 2010 it uses uf cams..wich are all the same just different sizes..pse still and will be making them for a while..any pse dealer can do a cam swapp for you..thats really up to the dealer though..
    That's what I thought about the cams! But I was told differently by the guy at PSE. I totally understand that it's really up to my or any dealer to want to do the swap, I don't expect them to eat the costs for anything. But when he said that the cams are different than Omen cams and PSE might not even have cams for it, I was in disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by IMADMAN View Post
    I'll not sure where I lost a bunch of you????
    The bow is a (New) 2010 hence not a new year model, which can pretty answer why parts weren't on hand to do a cam swap. For those who are not aware the 2010 PSE SS W/ the UF cam is not the easiest bow to find, new or used..

Thanks
    U answered ur own question.. lol
    Hoyt/Athens

Quote Originally Posted by COUESRIDER View Post
    It's all good Collin, You should come to the shoots at the Proshop. Next one will be in mid October.

It's all in the tune charts people. The UF cams are UF cams if they are from 2010. Same with the limbs. They all technically work with eachother.

They are all the same models pretty much made from the same parts since 2007.

2007 and 2008 forces are the same with the HF cam. 6 stayed the 6 and the 7 turned into the dream season.

2009 brought the GX cams and new style limb pockets.

2010 brought the UF cam and a drop in brace height by a half inch. The UF cams are very hard and DL.

The 6 and omen and always use the mod or cam corresponding to correct draw length. IE 8=28"

The 7 and dream season uses 1 less than the mod or cam number IE=29"

The Difference in brace heights only come from the riser being more or less reflexes moving the string in and out. The difference in axle to axle comes from the length of the riser.

You will also notice all the string lengths are the same for each cam and brace heights.

I haven't looked at the specs for all the super shorts years but I imaging it's a dream season with a short riser.

The problem is pse is super strict on "selling" parts. They will not do it and of cams and such are for sale they really shouldn't be unless there is an entire bow worth of matching parts as well.

It was a struggle for me to find the correct UF cams as well, but I did find some for 80$. And once I found them I couldn't get spacers or even the proper draw stop from the "pro shop" it was a pain, but thanks to a friend I got my bow together and shooting really well.

Going there still makes me a little sick. I think pse's are fine bows dont get me wrong but the people at the pro shop and the pse mentality has really turned me off them.

I had a 2008 xforce 6 as my first bow and it was clicking upon draw. Sergio helped me get it fixed all under warranty when they knew it was a used bow and i really felt good about the company.

I traded it for a x force bow madness frankenbow and really liked that one as well and it was a cool bow. Pete commented on it as well as an engineer from pse.

I then changed it over to a dream season UF and it also shot really well.

I then shot an elite and realized how soft the pse wall is and made the switch to a better company and have been extremely happy with the elites. An equal bow but a better company as I think most of the bows out there are pretty awesome bows.

"Zach" never made me feel welcomed and I felt like I was walking on eggshells ad soon as I stepped into the shop. Ignored me completely for 1.5 hours once while i waited patiently.

Others at the PSE pro shop also give me the same vibe or just don't trust their work when they were doin stuff to my bow.

My Dad went in there to basically buy/shoot his first bow and got the same exact vibe and treated like absolute crap. They tried to put him in a stinger over and over again. He was turned off pse and had a Martin on order for a while and ended up buying a chaos from bull basin and is completed happy with it. Isn't that a little sad when you live in Tucson and own a PSE and don't want to deal with the factory?

Good luck getting your cams and getting the super short set up. I was thinking about a super short bow madness for a while but couldn't find a riser.

Cdpkook132-
    Thanks for the response on your personal experience. Again I think people misinterpret "disappointment" with something more extreme or vulgar. Never said I disliked the bow, loving my 08 SS and wanted to try a 2010, not many to be found, but with some misinformation from someone working at PSE about the bow is just a little unnerving.

Was all that can be summed up as Zach was an idiot. He wasn't an engineer or anything special. Personally I don't know how you get ahold of him. Apparently the pro shop is the tech department as well.

And then they say they don't have the part when you are there in person during hours.

What the hell walk into the factory and get the part don't tell me you don't have it.

FYI if you use "old" limbs with the UF cams of the appropriate deflections it will make about 5 lessPounds So if you want 65# or 55# use the old limbs.

Heck if I came across a 08 SS in black at a decent price I would snatch it up. I am less impressed by pse as a company. Their bows are solid and well thought out. Model to model pretty simple as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast