Thread: Scent lok or under armour? Which is better?

Scent lok or under armour? Which is better?

I'm debating on whether or not to buy scent lok or under armour. I've heard good things on both. The price is very close in relation...so give me your thoughts?

Under Armour, simply because its a better piece of clothing and will last FOREVER! Scent Lok, you are paying more for the name than any type of performance garmet. Under Armour makes some damn good clothing, but you pay for that. Dont worry about the scent killing factors, its not worth the money you pay for it. Just stand in front of camp fire smoke for a few minutes before going hunting and you will be good to go.
    08 PSE Dream Season, 31" 65#, Tru-glo Xtream 5 pin sight .019, QAD Pro HD rest, 550gr. Easton FMJ 300's, Rage 125gr. 2 blades, Posten Stabilized, Twisted Archer strings, 276fps
    www.pse-archery.com
    www.jimposten.com

Under armour ayton and capture suits are both great. I use the capture down to 20 degrees and then switch to the ayton. These are great clothing sets.
    Give Me My Money, My Guns, And My Freedom!
    You Can Keep The "Change"!
    "Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to put on the dinner plate. Liberty is when the lamb is well armed!"
    Molon Labe

Ok so what do y'all think about the new ridge reaper series?

I have the under armor ridge reaper suit and the scent lok full season suit. I like the full season suit better.

So of the three under armour series which is more suitable for weather that varies between high 40's to low 20's? Occasional wind gusts and rain/snow? I'm just curious because I hunt with a buddy that swears by scent lok, and I have my eyes on under armour. I want to know that if I'm gonna spend that kind of cash whether or not it's worth it.

Under Armour is much more durable .
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Does anyone have the pros and cons of the ridge reaper series

I have scent lok and love it the only tbinv i dont like about it is my pa.ts have some kinda hard stuff all througout.it and idk wbat it is its very aggrivating
    Get that gata lizabeth, choot'em

Sitka is the best!
    You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

So the ayton fleece is warm enough for cold days?
    Bowtech Insanity cpxl
    Spott Hogg Hogg Father
    Limb Driver Pro V
    Octane Stabs
    Victory Arrows

UA's warmest gear is the Derecho series. Places are closing them out for close to half price now. Second to the Derecho is the Ayton series. Both are great sets of camo. Ayton is a little warm to walk to my stand, so I wind up throwing the zip up hoodie on my pack and putting it on once in stand. I could sit in some cold ass weather with the Ayton stuff, properly layered. The Ridge Reaper series is a lighter set of camo. It is really made for spot and stalk run and gun type of hunting, not for walking 200 yards to your stand and sitting there (unless it's early season, down to about 50 I'd say). The UA stuff is well made, seems like it will last a while.

Under Armour hands down

A really good place to find unbiased reviews on both Under Armour and Scent-Lok is the product review pages on both the Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops websites. Here are the links to check them out. Safe and happy hunting!

Cabela's product reviews for Scent-Lok

Bass Pro Reviews for Under Armour and Scent-Lok

These are just a few of what's available online. Hope this helps.

Alex
    ALS Enterprises