Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price for a hunting lease per acre

Price for a hunting lease per acre

Just wondering what you guys pay per acre for hunting land in your state? I know prices will very depending on the property. Just looking to compare states. Here in Alabama I can't seem to find any below $8 dollars an acre. I have seen some as high as $14.

Ide say your right on the money....$10 average locally with smaller tracts going for more
    Hunt with me at BoonersAcres

Much higher in MD - $15-20/acre is common.

Here in our neck of the woods, its really according to the quality of the property.

If you want good property with good management, you can expect to pay 10-15 per acre. For crap management and a bunch of guys that shoot eerything, I have seen ti as low as $1 per acre.

But also, I have met some guys that are in good with land owners personally. ANd they hunt PRIME land for usually 0.50 cents per acre. Basically the land owner lets the property just sit and do nothing, and just make a little profit off it just sitting there.
    08 PSE Dream Season, 31" 65#, Tru-glo Xtream 5 pin sight .019, QAD Pro HD rest, 550gr. Easton FMJ 300's, Rage 125gr. 2 blades, Posten Stabilized, Twisted Archer strings, 276fps
    www.pse-archery.com
    www.jimposten.com

Umm.. here in NY I don't know beacuse the cheapest on I saw was over 6k for under 100 acres with the good ones locked up with no chance of seeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    Just wondering what you guys pay per acre for hunting land in your state? I know prices will very depending on the property. Just looking to compare states. Here in Alabama I can't seem to find any below $8 dollars an acre. I have seen some as high as $14.
    Look hard enough you can find land here in bama for under 8. But yes, average is probably around 10. Average is probably 25 per acre in Illinois, but some outfitters and big whigs pay as much as 60 per. Insane, I know.

Down here anywhere from $9 to $14 an acre...
    '09 PSE X-Force Dream Season GX - John's Customs Strings and Tune
    ----> PSE Militia

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence..." - Desiderata

One spot I just lost went for $25 an acre. Another went for $15.

I was going to say I believe Illinois is probably $15-25 depending on what county

good land in the midwest is usually in the 25-30 per acre range

I talked to a farmer last week about hunting his property. Ive seen a ton of big deer in his fields and stopped by to ask. Really polite and nice guy but turned me down stating he doesnt even let his family hunt there. I guess he has some real hooligans in his family. I offered him 1500 bux for one tree. I was still turned down. 20 bux and acre sounds like a bargain to me. Good luck on finding a lease. It seems like now days people have little interest in allowing hunting on their property. NO matter how much you offer. I had my 8yr old with me and my son says ok how about 2k. I looked at my son and the farmer said sorry buddy. He wouldnt have taken 2k for 1 tree. Obviously money is not an issue for him...lol

8-10 bucks an acre around my area. And that isn't good hunting grounds
    " If you can read, thank a teacher. If you can read English, Thank a Marine." USMC 3rd Marine Division 98-02

I found a good farm in illinois next to a great farm. It was 100 acres with only 35 in timber. 40 bucks an acre was the price, I turned it down as 16 hours away was just to far. Had it been within 10 hours I prolly would have took it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Darton DS 3800
    Hunting- the act of one that hunts; specifically: the pursuit of game.
    Game- WILD animals hunted for sport or food.

Ive seen $40 in some hotbed areas of WI, but leases in general are somewhat rare in Wisconsin. Seems like gobs of people own their 40 or hunt public- not much for leasing.

I guess I'm lucky. The lady we lease our land from just wants her taxes payed. It comes out to $3.70 per acre.

i am in on a lease that is 200 acres that is all huntable and in a very good area for both numbers and trophy deer here in ky. we pay 5000 for 200 acres thats 40 an acre.
    KY state I.B.O. rep

Ky hammer,

I think that works out to 25 an acre

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Darton DS 3800
    Hunting- the act of one that hunts; specifically: the pursuit of game.
    Game- WILD animals hunted for sport or food.

These leases are what is ruining hunting the way it always was. One day, I guess nobody will be able to hunt without paying top dollar. Lucky for me I still have a handshake, Christmas card, a little sweat off my back at the farm and nice pie from grandma every once and a while.

I'll be danged if I am going to get into an auction over something as primal and native as hunting the land God gave us. Where I come from, there are still good people who don't need greed to make sure someone helps take care of their land and take care of the deer population.
    '09 BOWTECH S.W.A.T. / TROPHY TAKER / VITAL GEAR CAMELBACK / VIBRACHECK / GOLD TIP VELOCITY XT 400 / NAP THUNDERHEAD 85 / KWIKEE KWIVER COMBO 4
    2012-2013 Deer Contest CHAMPIONS! TEAM FLATLINERS!
    2014-2015 TEAM #21 - Blackjack

where im located,leases are running 1800 to 5500 a forty,all depends on the area-spot
    Come check us out on the largest Wisconsin,Michigan based hunting pages.....[https://www.facebook.com/buckchasers?ref=hl
    https://www.facebook.com/Wi.bowhunters

This
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffress77 View Post
    These leases are what is ruining hunting the way it always was. One day, I guess nobody will be able to hunt without paying top dollar. Lucky for me I still have a handshake, Christmas card, a little sweat off my back at the farm and nice pie from grandma every once and a while.

I'll be danged if I am going to get into an auction over something as primal and native as hunting the land God gave us. Where I come from, there are still good people who don't need greed to make sure someone helps take care of their land and take care of the deer population.

I know it varies from contract to contract, but what generally does a lease entitle you to? Is it for hunting season only or year round? Foe bigger leases can you build a shelter/cabin on the premises? A little insight please. Hunting leases are unheard of here.

im with you guys. Leasing is going to be the end of all handshake hunting properties one day. Its tough in ohio to find a spot on a handshake. I have a couple spots that are awesome and hold deer, one is within 4 miles of where the beatty buck was killed. I almost lost that spot when the owner was going to sell the property his father left him. He decided to stay luckily but this is how all the spots are being lost. SOme treehugger buys the properties and that it. It was very difficult for me to offer money for hunting but ive known the guy a while and he kills monsters out there every year. YOu must have a pretty good bank roll to turn down 2k for one tree...lol I dont think 5k would have done it

I feel very fortunate.
    I have 4 farms I can hunt and I just got permission no money exchanged.
    3 of them I'm the only one hunting for now the other 1 have been slowly pushed out by other hunters of which
    i don't know who they are.I hope it lasts a while.

love it while you can. My main property is for sale now. Luckily hes asking way to much for the property. Its only 10 minutes from my house and can be hunting in 15 after leaving my couch and hunting pretty big bucks by my standard. Nothing better than hunting every night after work and home for supper

I hunt the public land here in alabama and it seems like it is land that no one wants to lease. I think that hunting land has become a profitable business for some of the timber companys and as the demand for land goes up so will the price. Did talk to one guy here about hunting his land. He told me he used to allow it but was sued by the guy he gave permission to after he fell in a hole a broke his ankle. Think a lot of land owners are afraid of that as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast