a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hoyt Dorado Question

Hoyt Dorado Question

A while back there was a silencing kit for the Hoyt Gamemaster that was for the limb pockets. Do they make one for the Dorado? This was a few years ago.

Also, do you guys know if anyone makes a conversion kit so the Dorado can accept ILF limbs? Just curious...

To quiet them down, just cut a piece of felt that fits between the limb and riser and make sure the brace height is right. I know somebody had the buttons to take ILF limbs and make them fit the Dorado, but not the other way around. I think it was 3 rivers or Lancasters. The proprietary limb system is what made me sell my Dorado and go with an Excel. Much easier to swap limbs around.

The ILF limb change is so
    easy to do. Love my excel.

I wouldn't use felt between the limbs and riser as felt can hold moisture. Buy a cheap bike innertube and cut the pieces to fit and use a paper punch for the limb bolt holes.

Thanks. Not looking to sell the bow as I just bought it. I am sure the Excel is a great bow, but just wanted to see if an option was available....if not no big deal. Like the idea of the bike inner tube....makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dcwhite55044 View Post
    Thanks. Not looking to sell the bow as I just bought it. I am sure the Excel is a great bow, but just wanted to see if an option was available....if not no big deal. Like the idea of the bike inner tube....makes sense.
    I have Limbsavers on my GM11 and my friends always comment on how silent it is.

You can buy the ilf conversion kit from Lancaster Archery to convert ilf limbs to fit the dorado. That is exactly what I did.

stock limbs are fine ..lancaster has a limb pad from 3-m for a couple of dollars,, also try some monkey tails from mathews compounds work great as well combined super quiet ... dorado owner .... brace height is best at 8 or 8 1/4 inches I found...

Thanks all....and thanks CLASSICHUNTER for throwing in the brace height...appreciate that!

Hi there dcwhite55044
    I would like to know more of the placement in the pockets , correct me if I am wrong ,it seems
    a practical with Takedown bows to have way of absorbing the vibration from the release , In the package of my Hoyt
    Dorado , becide the string and other major items , their are two rubber / plastic I know they are not string silencers
    but they seem to be for a another function ??...
    Thank You : Sincerely
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by dcwhite55044 View Post
    Thanks all....and thanks CLASSICHUNTER for throwing in the brace height...appreciate that!
    My Dorado shoots best at 7.75" BH with my arrow, rest, and draw length combination. Keep in mind that yours my tune differently then either of measurements given. Good luck and enjoy your Dorado!
    Jerry S - Bowhunting & 3D Enthusiast
    Hoyt Buffalo Recurve & Vectrix Compound
    USA Archery Level 2 Instructor

Hi There
    The rubber silencers that came with my Dorado kit,are not shaped , for
    string silencers , But when I assemble the limb as per instruction , there is a slight
    gap at the limb when it is bolted down e.g say 1.5 mm , I hope we can get the proper
    answer ??...
    Thank You Everyone

picks best once you string the bow limbs seat fully.. gap when unstrung .. and yes different bh for each persons tune but 7.75 to 8.5 is usually optimum...

My Dorado is 49 @ 28.5" and I shoot 29" GT Trad 5575 with 200 grain points(about 9.5 gpp). BH is 8". I use inner tube on the limb pads, fuzzy velcro in the string grooves, and catwhiskers. I get many comments on how quiet it is.
    2012 Martin Onza3, 2008 Hoyt Katera XL, HH Cheetah 53@28.5, Martin Savannah 54@28.5, Maryland Bowhunters Society, Traditional Bowhunters of MD, Mayberry Archers