a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you hunt with your spouse or significant other?

How many of you hunt with your spouse or significant other?

I was married for several years and always took a butt-chewing in the Spring and Fall. For multiple reasons, that marriage ended and I eventually found a very special woman, that is completely supportive of my passion for hunting. She grew up in St. Louis and never imagined being around hunting, let alone hunting herself, but she has really taken an interest and seems genuinely excited to hunt with me this Fall. Last night we got in the truck and she said... I am really looking forward to our first hunting season together. I consider myself very fortunate to have her at all, but it is great to have a new outdoors companion as well.

Anybody else this lucky?

- Sharrod

Yep..my girlfriend hunts with me..
    -Mathews DXT, Spot-Hogg Real Deal, QAD HD, STS, Limbsaver X-Coil, Vapor Trail, GT Pro Hunters, and Slick Tricks...

yup, got my wife a bow this spring. She has been shooting all summer and she will be in stand opening day.

My wife of 19 years loves to get out to hunt or fish. I couldn't imagine her not going.

My wife loves to hunt with me. And even better: she especially loves to bowhunt. If I had to go back to hunting without her or my son, I'm not sure how much I'd actually go. I like the occasional solo hunt but it's waaaay more fun to me when they're there.

Dawg
    PSE FIELD STAFF / TRUBALL STAFF
    Me: 2013 Vendetta DC, Breathn-Built SH Patriot Supra DC, Breathn-Built Red Supra DC
    Wife: 2013 New Breed Lycan in Blk/Muddy Girl, 2012 Mathews Jewel in Lost Camo
    Son (19): 2014 Mathews Chill in Lost Camo

South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States
    My fiance and I hunt together.... Our honeymoon next year is an African Safari.... So yeah... I got a good one.. LOL
    Shoot the buck first, then find out what he will really score.....

During a long drive during a trip last year my wife mentioned that it was no fair that I get to spend so much time hunting without having to deal with kids and stresses and such. My comment was for her to go with me.

Long story short is last week we backpacked in 8 miles for a three day trip. We only hunted for little over one day but it was great to spend that kind of time with my spouse doing one of my favorite things. Despite alot of rain and being away from all the comforts of home she said she would like to do it again. I consider myself blessed to have a wife like that.

Mine has no interest in gun hunting. After shooting her bow and going gun hunting last year, she says that she only wants to bowhunt because it is more of a challenge. She said that if I want her to gun hunt, I have to teach her to duck hunt. I can live with that!
    - Sharrod

Yep my wife and I hunt together.

My wife also loves to hunt and fish with me. Last September we went to Cabo San Lucas and she caught her first Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna, and Roosterfish. She killed her first deer last year, a doe, with a rifle and it was DRT never moved an inch, I was so proud of her. I had bought her a bow for Christmas and she was practicing with it for a few months. In April she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and on June 10 she had a masectomy of the right breast due to the number and size of the tumors. They had to cut the muscle from her right latimus and use that to make the new breast. Well long story short she is cancer free and has to have another surgery on Oct 3, to finish the breast reconstruction. She was so upset because she could not lift more than about 30 lbs and could not even begin to pull the bow back on 30 lbs. She still wanted to hunt so I asked her about a crossbow and she was ecstatic. Vertical bow sold and she is now the proud owner of an excalibur crossbow. At the end of July she could barely hold the crossbow up. Now she is able to hold it up and shooting lights out at 30 yards. Our season starts on September 17 and she will get to hunt for 2 weeks before the next surgery. I think she is more pumped than me for the season to start.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

Quote Originally Posted by snoman4 View Post
    My wife also loves to hunt and fish with me. Last September we went to Cabo San Lucas and she caught her first Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna, and Roosterfish. She killed her first deer last year, a doe, with a rifle and it was DRT never moved an inch, I was so proud of her. I had bought her a bow for Christmas and she was practicing with it for a few months. In April she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and on June 10 she had a masectomy of the right breast due to the number and size of the tumors. They had to cut the muscle from her right latimus and use that to make the new breast. Well long story short she is cancer free and has to have another surgery on Oct 3, to finish the breast reconstruction. She was so upset because she could not lift more than about 30 lbs and could not even begin to pull the bow back on 30 lbs. She still wanted to hunt so I asked her about a crossbow and she was ecstatic. Vertical bow sold and she is now the proud owner of an excalibur crossbow. At the end of July she could barely hold the crossbow up. Now she is able to hold it up and shooting lights out at 30 yards. Our season starts on September 17 and she will get to hunt for 2 weeks before the next surgery. I think she is more pumped than me for the season to start.
    That is awesome. I hope the surgery goes well and that you both have a safe and successful season.
    - Sharrod

Yep...my wife is addicted to it like me. She just started about 3 years ago. We hunt and shoot 3D together all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PSE Revenge >>>------> MBG FlashPoint / QAD Pro HDX / 8.5" 11oz B-Stinger / Tight Spot Quiver / Easton Epic N-Fused / Spitfire Maxx

My wife is not a hunter but is completly supportive & has gone many times with me & shared time on stand. I almost lost her 3 years ago from a horrible illness so that has changed BUT she did go with me one nice day last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always Thankful

This is why "I" hunt, so i get some alone time. My would never be able to sit still that long, plus shes a vet tech and doesnt want to see animals get hurt. Those of you that care share the moment good for you, I enjoy my alone time WAY too much!

I have a wife that is very supportive of my archery addiction, and I am real blessed. After having 4 kids, it kind of shut her hunting down, but, she is about to go bowhunting opening weekend with me on the 17th.....I am so happy!
    HOYT BOWS,, CARBON EXPRESS ARROWS, T.R.U. Ball and CARTER releases, Ktech stabs, HHA AND CBE SIGHTS, etc.
    Wac'em and Slick Trick heads!!

I always felt a little guilty about spending so much time away, but now I have the best of both worlds. Plus, the kids are getting old enough to hunt and enjoy it, so I look forward to it being a family thing. I still enjoy the "guy hunts" and solo hunts too, but the family aspect is very enjoyable for me.
    - Sharrod

I am also one of the fortunate ones. My wife had never been around the hunting/fishing lifestyle until she met me; she was a member of HSUS and went to a whole bunch of anti-hunting fundraisers (primarily because she got to "dress up" and all that jazz). Needless to say it all changed when I told her that during the fall i would go missing for days at a time and that if she would like to see me that she would have to go with me. Well, fate has a funny way of showing itself, because after SHE bought me a brand new bow for Christmas that first year, I had a bad bow accident and lost almost all feeling in my upper wrist and thumb. I was fretting big time to say the least. That incident in turn lead me to the wonderful world of bird dogs. She trained the dog with me almost every session and watched me shoot birds over her during these sessions. After awhile she wanted to shoot clays, so I bought her an 870 youth model 20 ga. We shot in a skeet league that winter and she couldn't hit crap. So one day I am driving home from work and she calls me to say that she just bought a Browning Citori XS Comp Gun. I was like "holy Sh*t, how much was that?" She didn't care because she wanted me to know that she was serious about shooting and getting eager to maybe shoot a bird over OUR dog. So the day came when she shot her first chukar over Roxy. I looked at her and said "Well, what did you feel?" She said "recoil (with a smile). Since that day, she killed her first deer with a rifle, hundreds of pheasants, chukar, and quail. And this year she will accompany me to the woods with her new Elite Ninja Hunter (25" 48lbs GT arrows and Magnus HHA dial carter Just Becuz 2).

Good for you and her! That is great!! I'm glad that I started this thread. It is neat to hear these stories.
    - Sharrod

My wife will go out with me to hang stands set up feeder, etc. but she does not hunt with me. She lets that be my thing. When we lived in Colorado I would take a week to go Elk hunting or according to her "her vacation from me".
    She loves the meat and never complains about me hunting.
    Barnett quad 400, NAP Spitfire MAXX 125 gr.
    06 Reflex Highlander,Trophy Ridge FlatLiner, Wolfden Strings, Gold Tip XT, New Archery Products QuikTune 360 CaptureRest

Me and my girlfriend just spent some time last night getting our gear ready for our Friday hunt. She loves to shoot bow with me and hunt. I would not consider the season offically started unless she was hunting with me.. I get more enjoyment out of watching her and my two daughters be successful than I do out of killing one myself..

yep we hunt together mostly with guns tho
    Strother Infinity.Stage 1 Strings
    QAD rest,Spot Hogg sight,Dead Center archery stab. Tree Limb quiver
    QAD Exodus and spitfire broadheads,gold tip xt 5575, predator camo,scent loc ,lone wolf climber

I lucked out too, my wife loves to bowhunt and loves venison. In addition to that she likes being outside and likes to camp. Good luck this fall, I hope she shoots a nice one!

zenworks911

Quote Originally Posted by zenworks911 View Post
    I lucked out too, my wife loves to bowhunt and loves venison. In addition to that she likes being outside and likes to camp. Good luck this fall, I hope she shoots a nice one!

zenworks911
    Thank you. Same to you!
    - Sharrod

My wife is hunting this year with me for the first time. She shoots 3d and smokes alot of the guys in score so she is ready to shoot some live animals now.
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em Hunting Staff
    Elite Z28 30/60
    Chief Arrow Stick Out

I just got engaged to the woman of my dreams, big outdoorswoman, loves to hunt and fish. We are actually going up to Canada for our Honeymoon for a Whitetail hunt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast