Archery Talk Forum banner

Celebrities That Hunt

20K views 80 replies 63 participants last post by  johnetzel 
#1 · (Edited)
OK-we have the post about celebrities that support PETA and such...how about some that hunt now?

James Hetfield-Metallica

Ted Nugent

One of the guys from Manowar is a huge archery shooter (can't remember his name, sorry)

Tom Araya-Slayer-don't know if he hunts, but he owns a buttload of guns!

Who else???

#2 · (Edited)
I'm not sure on the details, but there were supposedly protests when actor Kurt Russell once held some type of hunting event years ago.

While I don't know to what extent they are considered celebrities, we have baseball pitcher Roger Clemens who hunts, former NFL star Larry Csonka who has his own outdoor's show, and former professional wrestler Ted Dibiase was shown on an outdoor's show hunting with his young son.

I'm sure there are plenty more, but they may not be as outspoken about it as Ted Nugent is.

Edit to add --- While they may or may not hunt, we should also consider those celebrities who fish, and are likely not to be supporters of animal rights factions.

#6 ·
jeff foxworthy
lead singer from rascal flatts
gerald mcreany
ted the nudge nudgent
charleton heston
president bush
the list is hard to remember but there are a lot of personalities that hunt
rob k

#8 ·
Allman brothers bands have some hardcore duck hunters in the band
Brett Farve and some other Packers
Ward Burton (nascar driver and also has MANY wildlife foundation projects)

TONS of Nascar folk - Jeff Hammond, Dale JR, Matt Kenseth, Jeff Burton, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman

Some of the nascar guys listed fish more than hunt but it's still another chalk mark on the board for us!!!!

Trey, I heard Bo J is into duck hunting BIG TIME!!!!

#9 ·
Jane Fonda became a keen quail hunter when married to TT-TT bought a plantation from a close family friend for quail hunting

Madonna's husband is a fan of "Shooting" in England and she bought him a pair of Berettas worth around 100K for shooting driven partridge and pheasant. I know people who have shot on their estate in England. She has shot a few times too from what I have heard. I remember that one of the members of IRON BUTTERFLY -on the Inna gadda da vida record-listed hunting as a favorite activity-maybe Doug Engle

Justice Scalia is a duck hunter

#11 ·
I don't know if he hunts but I know Tom Selleck is a big supporter of NRA.
I saw a TV show one time that showed a bunch of celebs at a trap shoot. John Ratzenberger (Cliff from Cheers), the Mandrell sisters, Roy Clark (from Hee Haw), oh I can't remember but a bunch of others. Most were celebrities years ago but weren't really in the public eye much anymore. Most celebrities worry about their image too much to let anyone know what they do or don't do until after they retire.

#15 ·
Retired Twins first baseman, Kent Hrbek has his own hunting and fishing show on a local channel. Retired Vikings head coach, Bud Grant has been on many hunting and fishing shows. One of the most patriotic country singers, Aaron Tippen has been seen hunting on tv many times.

#17 ·
Karl Malone is a big-time hunter. He and Robert Redford ponied up 100k each to reintroduce big horn sheep to the Wasatch range in 2000. I interviewed him and he said he hoped that in 10-15 years he and his son could go hunting and kill one! It was a classic sound bite! :D

#18 ·
Jim C said:
Jane Fonda became a keen quail hunter when married to TT-TT bought a plantation from a close family friend for quail hunting

Madonna's husband is a fan of "Shooting" in England and she bought him a pair of Berettas worth around 100K for shooting driven partridge and pheasant. I know people who have shot on their estate in England. She has shot a few times too from what I have heard. I remember that one of the members of IRON BUTTERFLY -on the Inna gadda da vida record-listed hunting as a favorite activity-maybe Doug Engle

Justice Scalia is a duck hunter
Jim supposedly Madonna has gone whole hog now. She has said repeatedly in interviews how exciting she finds bird hunting and how enjoyable it is to consume game that she has taken herself.

#22 ·
I belong to an upland hunting club near Cincinnati in Indiana. Boomer Esiason used to belong when he played for the Bengals-every year there is a major league sporting clays shoot he helps host to fund cystic Fibrosis (his son Gunnar has CF) research. Tom Browning-a pitcher who threw a perfect game for the reds also was a member and was known as a keen hunter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.