a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: N Florida Rut

N Florida Rut

Can somebody tell me when the rut starts in N Florida.

The deer in North Florida rut? Well, I wouldn't really call it a rut - but I have been to the midwest during the rut and the rut here in North Florida does not compare. But to answer your question, anywhere from Mid-December to the end of February depending on location. It can vary from one location to the next and could be affected by the herd. I think FWC may have a map on their website that gives a general idea according to their research - www.myfwc.com.
    '10 Bowtech Destroyer 350

If you are in North Central Florida like me they rut in October usually the last two weeks and then again every 28 days afterwards until February.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

In Gadsden County it is usually the week of Christmas to New years give or take a week. And QDM is right, if you blink you may miss the rut. Our buck/doe ratio is so out of whack I believe the bucks could care less if another buck is around, theres plenty of does to go around.

I'm with QDM "the deer rut in N FL?" lived here my whole life and have never really seen any rutting action.
    BLACKED OUT Drenalin, Spot Hogg Hunter 5 pin, QAD hd, Axion stab, Easton FMJ

don't put all your trust in the calander on fwc's website, the put the peak rut date for where I hunt as August 10th by the time the area i was hunting opened on August 6th the rut was already over..... ask locals or the biologist at the gate to where youre hunting
    Casablanca Sucked Anyways...