Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwest Ontario bear hunts

Jim's bear

1 more pic. Sootballs biggn. Guys, if you are into doing your own work on your bows, give sootballs Bow Time Machine a try!! Awesome press/drawboard I love mine!

Sorry

The pic.....sorry!

We are looking forward to this trip, we will be in camp August 25th-Sept 1st. Guys check it out, this camp has a husband-wife that is going to be hard to beat anywhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattfriend View Post
    We are looking forward to this trip, we will be in camp August 25th-Sept 1st. Guys check it out, this camp has a husband-wife that is going to be hard to beat anywhere!!
    previous post should read "this camp has a husband-wife hunt price that is going to be hard to beat anywhere."

I have heard the camp owners are awesome hosts and hard to beat also!

previous post should read "this camp has a husband-wife hunt price that is going to be hard to beat anywhere."

I have heard the camp owners are awesome hosts and hard to beat also!
    Matt...thanks for the bump. Yes, Gary and Judy offer Awesome discounts! They also offer a discount for groups and father/son groups! Still some spots open! God bless!!

Norm

Great hosts, been going there for 7 years ( moose hunting ). Live in Toronto and have hunted all over Ontario over the years and have not met nicer hosts.

What airport do you fly into ? Cause 31 hours in a truck wouldn't be fun. Also is there airport pickup or would I need to rent a car ?

Sab
    Sab

i have the same question with the airport...and can you moose hunt too?

Thunder Bay airport is 3 hours away and they have vehicle rentals there.
    Sioux Lookout airport is about 1.5 hours away. I belive there are vehicle rentals there to but it would be safer to double check.
    You would need to have acces to a vehicle unless you are looking at a fully guided hunt.

It takes us 22 hours to get there by truck from Toronto and in the last 7 years we have shot 15 moose

Quote Originally Posted by whiterack View Post
    Thunder Bay airport is 3 hours away and they have vehicle rentals there.
    Sioux Lookout airport is about 1.5 hours away. I belive there are vehicle rentals there to but it would be safer to double check.
    You would need to have acces to a vehicle unless you are looking at a fully guided hunt.

It takes us 22 hours to get there by truck from Toronto and in the last 7 years we have shot 15 moose
    Thunderbay airport is probably the best bet. Are you guys interested in a fully guided hunt? The bear hunts are usually semi guided. If you guys are interested the best way to find out the particulars would be to call Gary or Judy direct. The # is toll free 1-800-363-0113. Let me know if I can be of any other help.

God bless,

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by ammtiger View Post
    i have the same question with the airport...and can you moose hunt too?
    Just talked to Gary. He said the best airport to fly into would be Thunderbay. From there you would rent a car and drive the rest of the way to camp. I believe all his moose tags are sold out for this year. If you are interested in a bear hunt give gary a call. He's in usually after 6-7pm central. 1-800-363-0113. Thanks and God bless!!

Norm

Pm returned Wes. I'll pm you back tomorrow. Thanks!

Norm

Just wanted to give an update. Gary and Judy are running a short 3 day hunt for those of you who don't have the time for the 7 day. This hunt will start on the opener of bear season, August 15th, on a Wednesday and departure would be that following Saturday morning. Don't let the 3 day scare you as the first week guests last fall all killed their bears the first evening out!!!! There is also room for the week of September1-7 still available. You all will be hunting your own baits that are un hunted and are set for you! The last week is as good as the first!!

Merry Christmas and God bless,

Norm

Bump it up top.

Pm sent back to you Aaron. Hope to meet you in camp this fall!

Norm

PM sent fire652. Thank you!

Norm

Pm sent finiman. Spots still open for this year!!

Norm

Pm sent rjs. There is one opening August 25-september1. The short 3 day hunt is booked full for 2012.

Norm

Spots left for 2012 are September 1-8. Everything filling up fast!!!

Norm

Bear.JPGI can't wait to go back again this fall! Here is a picture of my first bear, now on the wall. The Taxidermist showed me a 500 pound Wisconsin black bear, and the head on mine was bigger. They have some nice bear up there. Now if only Norm could figure out where the Lake Trout are.

Quote Originally Posted by sootballs View Post
    Bear.JPGI can't wait to go back again this fall! Here is a picture of my first bear, now on the wall. The Taxidermist showed me a 500 pound Wisconsin black bear, and the head on mine was bigger. They have some nice bear up there. Now if only Norm could figure out where the Lake Trout are.
    You see guys...we couldn't catch the trout because Jim's snoring was so loud that the fish swam to the opposite end of the lake..lolol! It's true! They stayed there all week! I can't forget to put those ear plugs in the travel bag this time!!

yup August cant get here soon enough, bear hunting and fishing with family and friends. Does it get any better? I dont think so...

yup August cant get here soon enough, bear hunting and fishing with family and friends. Does it get any better? I dont think so...
    Matt,

You're spot on my friend!! What week will you be in camp? I hope I'm in the same week as you! I wish I could meet you all!!

Norm

Gary and Judy are now accepting Paypal! To talk about the bear hunts call toll free 1-800-363-0113. Spots still open for September1 -September 8.

Norm

Just wanted to say Gary and Judy offer a terrific husband/wife hunting package. The price is 1800.00 for the seven day hunt!! Spots left in early September!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast