Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archery Talk Power!!!

Archery Talk Power!!!

Ok I hope this got everyone's attention. We need the power of Archery Talk, because this weekend is the Archery World Cup Finals in Istanbul. It will be live Saturday and Sunday on ESPN 3. So let's get everyone we know that has it or can get logged in to watch it. Let's blow ESPN's mind about how many people love to watch archery. We always ask why it isn't on TV? Well if we show them how many people can and will watch on line maybe we can open some eyes. I think the power of Archery Talk can make this happen. I know it is also on early but you can turn it on then go set in your tree stand. It's almost perfect timing. It will just be good for archery.

Thanks

Reo Wilde

Will be viewing. Good Luck.
    2010 Destroyer 28" @71lb 370gr Easton Flatline-312fps, LimbDriver Pro, Sword Twilight Hunter, Alpine Quiver, Carter Simple1 and my own Strings.
    2005 Mathews Switchback 70lb LimbDriver Pro, Toxonics Micro 5 pin, Doinker Dish, and my own Strings
    2012 70lb Black Ops Insanity CPX

I'll be watching as well .

Good Luck Reo !!

Me to and everyone I can get to turn it on

bump for a great idea.

Is there a place we can send them messages about our desire to see more archery? Several years ago ESPN had a pole on the Great Outdoors Games web page inquiring about which sport people wanted to see featured in the competition. I sent the link to the pole to every archery forum I fould find, all around the world, and like magic archery jumped from 6th to 1st. Is there any way we can do the same with this broadcast now?

Automan
    He trains my hands for battle so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Ps. 18:34 (NASB)

What the heck is ESPN 3?

Well this is the third time recently that something was on espn3 that I wanted to see and couldn't. I think it is time to call the horrible rural cable company and see if they even offer espn3!

Thanks for the heads up!

ESPN3 is streaming video to your pc. Here's the link: ESPN3 The times are 9/24 7:55 AM EDT and 9/25 7:55 AM EDT.
    Walt
    ------------------------------------

Totally agree and good luck Team USA
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

I would absolutely love to watch it... But unfortunately that's the season opener here in Ohio. Best of luck team USA!!
    '10 Hoyt Alphaburner, Gold tip arrows, Spot Hogg Hogg it, and Limbdriver

Quote Originally Posted by Reo View Post
    Ok I hope this got everyone's attention. We need the power of Archery Talk, because this weekend is the Archery World Cup Finals in Istanbul. It will be live Saturday and Sunday on ESPN 3. So let's get everyone we know that has it or can get logged in to watch it. Let's blow ESPN's mind about how many people love to watch archery. We always ask why it isn't on TV? Well if we show them how many people can and will watch on line maybe we can open some eyes. I think the power of Archery Talk can make this happen. I know it is also on early but you can turn it on then go set in your tree stand. It's almost perfect timing. It will just be good for archery.

Thanks

Reo Wilde
    Thanks for pointing that out..I will be logged online but i will be in the woods...Lets do this ppl!!
    I live by my own rules (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife).. but still my own-

I would watch if I had espn3 ,time to call dish network
    Good luck Reo and team USA!!
    Dead Center Archery Products Factory Staff
    60X Custom Strings Staff
    NEW BREED GENETIX Samurai
    Norway Industries Advisory Staff
    New Breed Nation

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon619 View Post
    I would absolutely love to watch it... But unfortunately that's the season opener here in Ohio. Best of luck team USA!!
    This. My DVR will be humming though.

Good Luck Reo...thanks for the heads up.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

People ESPN3 is NOT on your TV.

It's on the same thing that you get on AT with. YOUR COMPUTER. Go to ESPN.com and scroll to the bottom of the page. Find the word ESPN3 and click on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heliman21 View Post
    ESPN3 is streaming video to your pc. Here's the link: ESPN3 The times are 9/24 7:55 AM EDT and 9/25 7:55 AM EDT.
    Here it is again..
    Walt

ttt

No it's a web sight that they stream video on. That's why I want us to overload them so they put it on regular TV

Nice work would be great to see archery events on tv like any other ball sport. That would be really something.

Bump for the Team
    Walt

I will be watching.... good luck!!!

No way am I going to miss this. Good luck Team U.S.A.

I say we take it a step further.

I have found the questions and comments section of ESPN. I believe if half of us would fill this out and send it in, we would see results. It asks for your first name/email adress/ cable provider/state.

You dont even have to provide real information if you are worried about that type of thing and I have generic message below if you dont want to take the time and type something out yourself. What Reo has started could be something big for the community and I believe it is a great idea. If you don't have means to watch the broadcast (or even if you do) take literally 5 minutes out of your day and submit this to ESPN. The message and link are below:

Link:

Click here

or here:

http://espn.go.com/espn/contact?lang...nited%20states

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to our attention that The Archery World Cup Finals is scheduled to show on ESPN3 on the dates and times of 9/24 7:55 AM EDT and 9/25 7:55 AM EDT. We as an archery community would like to humbly request that you air this and future archery entertainment on television instead of streaming it online. We have many followers of the sport and we know ESPN likes to hear directly from their supporters. Thank you for your time and efforts in listening to your audience and we look forward to following these shows on television soon.

Sincerely,
    The archery community

I just filled it out and timed myself using the message I typed out. It took me literally 2 minutes and 32 seconds.

There is no archery on the selection list so I put other then other again. There is however hunting on there but I didnt think this applied to our cause.

I got this message back.

Thanks for writing.
    The high volume of correspondence we receive prohibits us from personally acknowledging every email. Your comments, concerns and/or compliments are shared with our executives and other appropriate personnel and they're appreciative of the input. If you have a specific question about ESPN's programming or ESPN, Inc that can't be answered below we will try our best to provide a timely response.

Good luck to all and Reo, this is an outstanding idea. Thank you for bring this to our attention!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast