1995 Horton Hunter Supreme

Thread: 1995 Horton Hunter Supreme

1995 Horton Hunter Supreme

Ohio bow hunting starts tomorrow and I got out my old 1995 Horton Hunter and decided to chrony it for the first time. She shoots a blazing 239fps. That was kinda fast 16 years ago...... what do you guys get with some of the new Xbows?

I weighted the bolts for the first time too 430grs.....

sz 380 with 420 grn. arrow, 370 fps.
    with 388 grn. arrow 387 fps
    Styker Solution LS 390, HHA L- 4
    Black Eagle Executioner Arrows
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Dead View Post
    Ohio bow hunting starts tomorrow and I got out my old 1995 Horton Hunter and decided to chrony it for the first time. She shoots a blazing 239fps. That was kinda fast 16 years ago...... what do you guys get with some of the new Xbows?

I weighted the bolts for the first time too 430grs.....
    Most crossbows made now shooting that weight arrow are 75 to 100 fps. faster.

QD, if you killed em then, you'll kill em now !!!
    Styker Solution LS 390, HHA L- 4
    Black Eagle Executioner Arrows
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff

i bought a hunter supreme in the late '90's. it was advertised at 300 fps and it was a tack driver. i did a robin hood with that thing at 20 yds free hand. it was a nice bow. bought it new.

I have a Horton Sportsman I bought in 1989, has a nice Walnut Thumbhole stock. It was THE Crossbow back then, of course there were not many different Brands of crossbows being made at that time. It still shoots great and I have taken several deer with it. I have no idea how fast it shoots, probably in the 240-250 range but I've never had a problem killing deer out to 35 yds. with it. The bow is still deadly accurate after 22 yrs. Speaks pretty well of Horton's quality.