a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech Stryker, Strikezone 380 ?????

Bowtech Stryker, Strikezone 380 ?????

I guess either Bowtech or the dealer one,,decided it wasn't important to contact me about any trigger recalls or either they never resolved the issue at the factory !! I bought the Strikezone 380,,$815.00, have shot it maybe 25 times,,and now the week of my archery opener,,,I can't hunt because the trigger/cocking mech has blown apart????? The reposnse I got from the dealer wasn "sorry, this seems to be happening a lot" ?? Needless to say, I have neither the time or money to invest in a new bow and still be able to hunt ! Thanks Bowtech, for agreeing to fix the bow and send it back by the end of deer season.....man I should have stayed with Parker

Get ready for your defense. You better have pics and details when the customer assurance investigative team arrives.

Bigbird, is that from experience?

haha no surprise to see you here bird,determined lil' guy for someone who doesn't own a bowtech..ibow that really is crappy about your 380 and even crappier CS by bowtech...if i were you i'd go straight to the dealer and tell him that the wait is unacceptable and either demand a refund "not years later mind you" or inhouse credit to another bow they carry,if your dealer is a stand up guy he should take care of you.

Anyone new on here with only a few posts posting on certain topics may be under question by a few.

Quote Originally Posted by turdypointbuck View Post
    haha no surprise to see you here bird,determined lil' guy for someone who doesn't own a bowtech..ibow that really is crappy about your 380 and even crappier CS by bowtech...if i were you i'd go straight to the dealer and tell him that the wait is unacceptable and either demand a refund "not years later mind you" or inhouse credit to another bow they carry,if your dealer is a stand up guy he should take care of you.
    Just letting the guy know what's probably ahead. This story is much more credible than the cams and limbs around the head post.

But as we've seen time and time again owning or even previously owning a xbow has zero bearing on making comments.

Thanks guys,,I was pretty. Insistant that the delaer make it right,,no luck,,I've even gotta pay for shipping it to Bowtech. The entire deal falls back to the dealer I'm sure. They prob never sent the bow back for original recall. My plan for the delaer is simple, they're the oldest archery shop around my area and word of mouth will not be good for them on a positive note,,,this is one fast Xbow !

new? certain topics? search my posts and see what i've said about bowtech,it's not a glowing review of CS... i will say USUALLY people post on what they own,lol

If you can, please post pictures to show what happened. Everyone here is interested in seeing what happened. If you can't PM me and I can do it for you. I can also suggest who to send them to so they can post them also so no one can say they were photo-shopped to just bash BowTech.

new? certain topics? search my posts and see what i've said about bowtech,it's not a glowing review of CS... i will say USUALLY people post on what they own,lol
    Well you might think that would be the case, but it isn't always so.

30 point....see above. I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by ibowhnt1 View Post
    Thanks guys,,I was pretty. Insistant that the dealer make it right,,no luck,,I've even gotta pay for shipping it to Bowtech. The entire deal falls back to the dealer I'm sure. They prob never sent the bow back for original recall. My plan for the dealer is simple, they're the oldest archery shop around my area and word of mouth will not be good for them on a positive note,,,this is one fast Xbow !
    You have another remedy if you paid for it by credit card. Some credit cards offer a warranty on product purchases too. You might even be able to call the card company and file a dispute and get your money back by simple dropping it off at the dealers. It may piss him off but the way you've been treated isn't any better.

Nick, unfortunately, I didn't take any pics,, as soon as it happened, I drove straight to the dealer and handed it over to them. Basically, I was drwing the bow back just as always, and instead of the normal "click" ya hear when it sets/locks,,pieces just flew out ? I was a little toooo mad at the time to think rationally enough to take pics,,,

bird,everyone and their dog knows what ur case is..u hate bowtech and their customer service...hell i don't even like their customer service,nobody does that i'm aware of. It's been said.So what are you trying to accomplish exactly?? That being said i have had your beloved bow as well,i didn't like their idea of CS either,you and i have been through that story. Is it better than bowtechs?yep,is it good enough to warrant the price?No.
    Anyway back to something that matters,this guys bow..yeah i don't blame you ibow,i'd badmouth a dealer that wouldnt work with me on a new bow as well!!

That's what a friend of mine did on the way home from a hunt when a limb splintered. He took a pix with his phone but it's pretty lousy having been done at night.

I may be wrong but I believe there was a recall on the triggers on the first batch they sent out. At least I remember those posts somewhat. Any luck with the credit card idea?

Also, who's the dealer?

good question nick,i'd be curious who this dealer is as well,people should know to steer clear of them

bird,everyone and their dog knows what ur case is..u hate bowtech and their customer service...hell i don't even like their customer service,nobody does that i'm aware of. It's been said.So what are you trying to accomplish exactly?? That being said i have had your beloved bow as well,i didn't like their idea of CS either,you and i have been through that story. Is it better than bowtechs?yep,is it good enough to warrant the price?No.
    Anyway back to something that matters,this guys bow..yeah i don't blame you ibow,i'd badmouth a dealer that wouldnt work with me on a new bow as well!!
    And I didn't say a word or make excuses up or defend them did I? You made a choice and it's your decision. I have zero problem with that.

All I was pointing out here was what was ahead and how this would probably go. Until you've been thrown off the AT horse once you don't know how to ride it for that 8 seconds.

This guys story will be repeated all season long. Do the math here. David says he's had 19 fail. So how many people have posted here they had failures? Maybe 19. So the internet impacts way less than even 1%. What goes on here is only the tip of the iceberg if that.

Oh Boy,,,,,,,, there goes the trigger too.
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 380 Xb30 scope, Matrix 380
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

hmm not sure if i agree with the way less than 1% internet comment,i do agree they should have recalled all 380's with their limb problems though,i don't care if it's 5% failure rate...but hey they are doing damage to their own name that at this point can't be undone! no1 i believe this guys dealer just never sent this 380 back way back at the beginning when bt was worried enough about their triggers to actually recall them,makes you wonder how bad that problem MUST have been seeing as what they think is acceptable in the limb dept.!!

see below

That's right. The first batch was recalled for trigger problems. If that bow was from the original batch, then the dealer sold one he didn't send back or the buyer wasn't notified properly by the dealer and BowTech. He should get his money back under those circumstances.

Who's the dealer?

ibowhnt1, when did you buy that bow?

it would be easy enough to tell if it was an original trigger by the arrow hold down arm as it was aluminum , the replacements are a cast zinc type non aluminum, do you still have the bow Ibow?
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

nah randy he did what most of us would do in a pissy mood,took it back and dropped it off....

ah,,, should always get pics for your own "records" as they say... I'd probably do the same ...
    NRA Member !

Sorry I'm slow responding,I'm at work I did take the bow straight back to the dealer,,,and the bow had the aluminum arrow holder,,,thanks for pointing that out that gives me something to work with when I go back to dealer. The dealer is Norris' in Shelby,NC. I refuse to miss bow season,,,I will just have to break out the ole compound and change my stand set up

yes Ibow, the original arrow hold down was unmistakably aluminum, the replacement was an obvious gold color, hope a speedy return for you!
    NRA Member !

Ibow - Give that dealer hell three times over for not following the recall properly and demand your money back. This is more than BowTech's problem if he didn't follow the recall properly. BowTech Dealers are supposed to send in a warranty registration with the buyer's info on it. I may be wrong about that with xbows but I've actually seen the cards that come with the vertical bows. I won one in a drawing last year and the dealer took down my information and put it right onto the card that was supposed to be filled out by the dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast