Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastest bow of 2012

Fastest bow of 2012

What will be the fastest bow of 2012 what do you think is the fastest bow now? Omen pro, king cobra, destroyer, mr5, other?

High country x11 is fast.
    ~RKT MAXXIS~
    }}}}------------------------------->>>> ⊙
    prescription strength bowhunting.

The fastest one of course.

Easy. Omen, then mr5. But if you want no contest speed shoot a hca speed pro at 3 gpp. I have seen anywhere between 387-401 I personally shot the 387 at only 29" dl. That is fully in there warantee.
    my bow: pse XF HF6: 70#@28.5" axis D6 27" 420@301, 5 pin ascent, d6 killzones, dx3's
    Daughters bow: wisper creek phantom: sons bow: darton ranger2:
    Fiancé bow: parker frontier 2+: 50#@26" sh7dp, rip cord,TF hotstage, hta ht2, muzzy 3 blade
    Trad. Bow: 1966 bear kodiak #65 :backup: truth 1 ascent 5pin:

One that has too short of an AtA, a ridiculously small BH, cams the size of paper plates which require strict perfect form - you know - the form one has in a treestand 25' up, twisted around at the waist, adrenaline pumping through ears with gloves on and 5 layers of coats.

Yeah. Someone will still buy it though. Like they say, there's one born everyday.....

Ill stick with PSE for the fastest again.

have to throw bowtech into the ring , just because
    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw , Carbon Express Blue streaks @ 285fps, with Grim Reaper hybrids.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .

Omen Pro
    PSE Field Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Factory Staffer, Black Eagle Pro Staff
    LAC Officer, 'Insteada' Founder, DIY Tinkerer, PSE DC cam user
    2014 Phenom DC, 55lbs/31.25" DL = fast and smooth bow hunter rig!!
    2014 Dominator Max,60lbs, target bow!!

Probably the 2012 omen pro, even though no knew changes where made to it.

If I had to guess, it would be the Omen...
    _PSE X-Force Dream Season HF 70lb_Spot-Hogg Hogg-It 7 pin Wrapped_RipCord CodeRed_Vibracheck 10.5" Pro Carbon Hunter_Trophy Ridge Cage 1_Truball Beast_Norway String Tamer_G5 Meta_Americas Best BowString_Carbon Force Radial X-Weave Predator 300_STs_RamCats_PSE Militia
    381 grains @ 307 fps @ 81 lbs. KE

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    Ill stick with PSE for the fastest again.
    For sure my pse is so much faster than my mathews

Have to wait and see, but I doubt anybody cracked an IBO of 366 like the PSE Omen.
    PSE MILITIA

If it sounds like a squirrel, it’s a deer. If it sounds like an elephant, it’s a squirrel.

I don't think any speed bow reliably makes it's claimed IBO, a few may, but IBO aside HCA Speed Pro bows with their Carbon Revolution arrows are undeniably the fastest rigs made that are warrantied to be shot that way. As mentioned above, high 300's to low 400 fps is achievable, plus a X10 has a 7"BH and draws like a target bow. I would like to see a Omen shoot a <4gr/lb arrow, that would be crazy fast, but dangerous for that bow.
    TROPHY HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)

Agree that omen is still the fastest. I never shot one, but my 2011 and recently purchase 2012 dream season eve is pretty damn quick. Shot a doe at fifty yards and passed straight through her, she never knew what hit her. Also I'm selling last years bow fully set up if anyone is interested.I'll post , just look for it

It will be from PSE no doubt !!!!

you cant compare a 5" brace height pse to a 7" brace on high country x10. 2" on brace is a huge difference.IF you are gonna compare them do an accurate test,speed and price and forgiveness test. id have to lean towards high country x10 over the omen

I'd lean high country toward the little hole in the underside of my hood and use it as a prop rod hehe! PSE Omen UF is still an excellent shooting bow with tons of speed and very accurate. Of course, some people can't shoot speed bows very well.

Joking aside... High country might be making a decent bow now. I know the old ones sounded like smacking a cane shack with a baseball bat when shot.
    2014 Bear Agenda 6

If you are talking about 5 grains per pound it will be the Omen for sure. The high country is fast but with much less weight arrow.
    The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, and hunt. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

i saw an omen shooting 70lbs with the hca arrows going 454fps.
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

All the tests I have seen done the Omen and MR5 were really close. Waiting to see what Bowtech has to offe this year.

It'll be the same bow that it was in 2011....PSE Omen Pro
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

Omen

Keep your eye on Darton.... Just sayin.
    Darton Pro 3800, HHA 5019, Muzzy zero-effect
    Darton DS 4500, Axcel 4500, HHA scope, Limbdriver pro
    Bow Time Machine
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Pretty sure Darton will take the crown this year...

new cam.jpg

nc2.JPG

And THINK this is the cam they will use to do it

Quote Originally Posted by WEEGEE View Post
    i saw an omen shooting 70lbs with the hca arrows going 454fps.
    Dangerous. Hope you stood wayyyyyyy back.
    "Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
    cartersarchery.com Home of the Zen Master Bow Guru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast