Thread: Lightest Fixed/ hang-on treestand?

Question Lightest Fixed/ hang-on treestand?

I already got a climber but want a fixed/ hang-on treestand so I can hang to those not so straight trees. I want the lightest, compact, easiest to hang treestand. I know Lone wolf has one for 11lbs, Chippewa wedge loc super ghost is 10lbs. Another is the Windwalker that is 7lbs. Those are the 3 I can find that is the lightest fixed treestand. What other company makes a light fixed treestand?

>>---->Minnesota Hunter>>--->
    GO ALL OUT OR DON'T GO AT ALL!!!

Ol'Man Aluminum Roost Model COM-19 weighs 15.5 lbs not sure if that fits you criteria. Their is another company that is making composite stands that are light but I cant remember their name.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

I have the original windwalker that is 5 3/4 lbs. Its like standing on a shoebox in the tree.
    the fun is over once you pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by snoman4 View Post
    Ol'Man Aluminum Roost Model COM-19 weighs 15.5 lbs not sure if that fits you criteria. Their is another company that is making composite stands that are light but I cant remember their name.
    Resin True Quiet Treestand is the name of the one I was thinking about and it weighs 14.5 lbs and looks very comfy here is the link to their site
    http://www.treestandhunter.com/
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

the new muddy bloodsport is awesome stand

we sell lw and ole man as well...just pm for help or pricing
    www.BeanOutdoors.com
    Dealer: Elite, Bear, Strother, Darton, Diamond, Stryker Xbows, TenPoint, Sitka Gear, First Lite Wool, Vortex Optics, Lone Wolf , Muddy, HHA, Spot Hogg, Black Gold, Tight Spot Quivers, Badlands, ScentBlocker, ASAT Camo, Gold Tip, B-Stinger Stabs, Horn Hunter Packs! We carry 20K+ items and meet and beat most prices! We also carry G5, PSE, & all Crossbow Brands!
    Follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest Bean Specials and News!

I wouldn't get too hung up on only weight. Most of the ones under 10lb are so small that my size 12's can't move around on them. Lone wolf alpha is a great stand for run and gun hunting. Great size, quiet, and pretty light. A breeze to hang it too. I will say that the new Muddy bloodsport has me intrigued. Haven't seen one in person, but am planning on checking them out.
    Xpedition X-ring VII-Prime Impact-Strother Infinity-Strother Wrath SHO
    Prime Shift-Elite GT500-Elite Judge
    Co-Owner - Catfish Customs - Custom string, sling, arrow and kolorfusion work.
    Top quality strings at working man prices! Call/text anytime 616-970-5355

Summit also make a light alumninum hang-on stand. And it might be the cheapest of the viable candidates you are looking at. I agree that I wouldn't go with the lightest stand possible because the platform would be too small.

Aluminum built stands that weigh 10 to 15 lbs seem to have a pretty good platform size to weight ratio for me.

Gorilla makes a 9 lb it's awesome. My favorite. Can nearly hang it with one arm and light going in....
    2014 Elite Energy 32 | 2013 Elite Hunter | 62# | 28˝
    Copper John Micro Mark III | Code Red | 400 Easton Flatline DOAs | 100g Rage 2" Chisel | 2" NAP Killzones | HogWired

Lone Wolf's seem to be light.............

Lien2

Quote Originally Posted by Briar View Post
    I have the original windwalker that is 5 3/4 lbs. Its like standing on a shoebox in the tree.
    5 1/2lbs....That's what I'm talking about. Any other ones out there?
    >>---->Minnesota Hunter>>--->
    GO ALL OUT OR DON'T GO AT ALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterhunting View Post
    5 1/2lbs....That's what I'm talking about. Any other ones out there?
    I am 5'6" and about 160 and that stand will keep you very aware of where your feet are I can tell you that. I have the older Assault also and for the extra 3 lbs it is MUCH more comfortable.
    the fun is over once you pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPSE View Post
    Gorilla makes a 9 lb it's awesome. My favorite. Can nearly hang it with one arm and light going in....
    Me too. That little Gorilla is my favorite stand.......as a matter of fact it is the only lock-on I own that I same-day hunt in. All of my others get hung and left for long periods, the Gorilla is a perfect stand for mobility. Easy in, easy up, no creaks/pops, and "big enough" for me at 6'2", 215 lbs.

Once you have sat in the Millennium M100 stand you will have only one problem with the treestand ....... staying awake. There is nothing that is as durable or comfortable as this. When my hunters are in camp they all "fight" over the stands that have them. I own 5 of them for the business and we have about 10 of various other brands. But none compare to the all day comfort of the millennium. It has back pack straps and carries easy as well. I never cared about the weight so it must not be an issue. In other words Its never bothered me when packing in.
    Genesis 9 vs.2: The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. 3: Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.

The old Loggy Bayou cheap seats are under 5lbs but are kinda small. I have a couple old API AlumiLocks and they are only about 6 lbs.
    Natures Essence

The best bang for the buck is and will continue to be the LW. A one piece CAST platform cannot be beat for silence and weight savings.
    Made in the USA is a nice bonus as well.
    I cannot convince myself to buy a muddy stand. For a few bucks more, I am deadly silent up and down a tree with a set of muddy sticks and a LW hang on.

Best combo on the market imho.

The little gorilla stand everyone is talking about is the Gorilla silverback Scout Hx. I got one this year and it weighs in at 10 pounds with belts and all attached. It even allows you to stack and carry Lone Wolf sticks like they engineered for it!?!?! with 4 sticks MOLLE shoulder straps and belt buckled down adn ready to go - 22 pounds, with 5 steps just under 25 pounds. With MOLLE straps......... feels like nothing. BTW 100.00 less than Lone Wolf.... $129.00 on their website.

stand and sticks.jpg
    Tomorrow is not promised. Everyday is a blessing, treat it as such.
    VCU- HAVOC LIVES HERE!!!!!!
    2010 Hoyt Turbo Hawk
    Rage 100 gr 2-blade hypodermic; Rage 100 gr 3-blade extreme; Easton Axis Infused
    http://therivah.blogspot.com

Loc on makes or at least did make a couple stands that are pretty light the loc on limit weighs 8lbs and has a 17"x26" platform, http://www.locontreestandsllc.com/limit.php Another great stand is the Myles Keller Pro Hunter by bear river, I have two of them but they don't make them anymore but if you could find one their like gold they weigh 10lbs with a foot rest and have a platform about the size of a lone wolf alpha but they are a lot more comfortable and they use a receiver for easier hanging and take it from me I have either had or have some of the "best" stands on the market and this by far beats them all. As mentioned above Loggy used to make a few really lights stands as well as gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by davydtune View Post
    The old Loggy Bayou cheap seats are under 5lbs but are kinda small. I have a couple old API AlumiLocks and they are only about 6 lbs.
    X2 !!! I have one of these cheap seats and love it. The thing can't weigh but 4 lbs !! Matter of fact just hung it in a tree this morning. It's a great stand if you have ruff terrian or a long ways to walk. You can't beat it! I would like to find a couple more even though they are on the small side. I also love the old Loc-On LEM stands but they are a tad bit heavier.
    2011 Bowtech Destroyer 340 Black Opps
    Axcel ArmorTech .010 5 pin, Limbsaver 5" S coil stab, Qad HDX rest, TruGlo Tru Tech quiver, Easton Pro Hunter ACC 440 arrows

Honesty is my only excuse.