Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99% let off bow

99% let off bow

Concept archery - http://conceptarchery.com/

I was wondering if anyone has ever shot one of these, do they perform well? are they really 99% let off, is it some sort of gimmick? I was just curious to this and why do most big companies only have 60-85% let off instead of something higher. Just curious
    13' Elite Answer
    Apprentice Lineman

sub

I like my 65% let-off. It gives me a little extra bump of speed, and I'll never have to have an asterisk by my entry in P&Y books. I think holding back a 99% let-off bow string would feel a little like holding a piece of wet spaghetti, which would be kinda creepy when I'm trying to hunt.
    Always remember: You're unique...just like everyone else!

Thats the 1st ive heard of them
    Bowtech Assassin, QAD rest, Black Gold, Octane Stabilizer
    Easton arrows, Muzzy MX4s,Onestringer Custom Wraps

Crossbow?

I had a good friend saw a hunter with one in MT this year from my understanding they are illegal in many states
    Bow: 2011 Elite Archery - Pure 70 lbs 29 in draw - Sights: Spot Hogg Hunter 7 pin - Arrows: Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak Select 350
    Rest: QAD Ultra Rest HDX - Broadheads: 2" Grimm Reaper 100 gr - Quiver: Tight Spot - Stabilizer: Fuse 8" Carbon Blade

The bow does not feel like a wet noodle when holding back. People talk about the 65% let off and 80%. This bow is just the next step in modern archery. From compound with no let off to 30% ,50%, 65%, so called 80% to a true 99% let off bow. BUY the way, the bow does not feel like a wet noodle when you are holding at full draw. Has a very solid back wall and for a single cam, shoots well over 300fps IBO.IF YOU ARE GOING TO KNOCK THE LET OFF,BUT THINK THE LET OFF YOU SHOOT IS OK, YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE LONG BOW AND RECURVE PEOPLE ON YOUR COMPOUND.
    Pick your bow and shoot it.Hay ,I all most forgot.If you rotate the axel 180 degree you will be holding 80%,Thats right 99 to 80 adjustable.

Seems like it would feel like a wet noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzz View Post
    Crossbow?
    haha thats what I was thinking.
    "Hardships are quickly forgotten. Intense heat, bitter cold, rain and snow, fatigue, and luckless hunting fade quickly into memories of great fellowship, thoughts of beautiful country, pleasant camps, and happy campfires." -Fred Bear

It would be great to be able to hold at full draw for days at a time, but it would definitely cost you in speed and forgiveness. 65-80% really is the ideal range as far as I'm concerned.
    Liberalism: Saving America from the evils of hard work, personal accountability, and productivity, one brainwashed college student at a time.

BIG BENDY STICK WITH WHEELS ON THE ENDS ~ SMALL POINTY STICKS TO SHOOT AT TASTY ANIMALS ~ SHIRT WITH PICTURES OF TREES ON IT

I think it's legal in MN, it doesn't say anything about letoff just has to pull more than 30 lbs. I do like the website though...

With the trend towards people wanting faster bows, I'm surprised more companies aren't trying to push 65% let off bows. I'm not sure how much speed it adds though.

I shoot 65% because I finger shoot & it helps with lower let off to get a cleaner release.
    FOR SALE!!
    G5 Quest QS33 Package $350 + 3% for Paypal FREE SHIPPING!!
    Racho Safari Cat Quiver MINI (NEW) $65 + 3% for Paypal FREE SHIPPING!!

all im gonna say is this, theres a reason you dont hear about them and very very few people own one!!!! some may love the bow but you couldnt give me one to be honest, not my cup of tea. and some legality issues dont help this bows cause with the 99% letoff
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

I have a guy who comes in to the shop who has one, you can literally draw it back, point it down at the floor and let go of the handle. The weight of the riser keeps it drawn. He held at full draw for over 4 minutes the other day on a small buck. Hard to do that with any other bow. It is pretty freaky though when you try to let it down, you have to WORK at it it seems like to get it to let off lol
    Sometimes nothing is a really cool hand.
    Semper Fidelis to all of my fellow Marines, past and present.

Authorized Dealer for PSE, G5 Prime and Strother Archery

Quote Originally Posted by mtn3531 View Post
    I have a guy who comes in to the shop who has one, you can literally draw it back, point it down at the floor and let go of the handle. The weight of the riser keeps it drawn. He held at full draw for over 4 minutes the other day on a small buck. Hard to do that with any other bow. It is pretty freaky though when you try to let it down, you have to WORK at it it seems like to get it to let off lol
    umm... WHAT? So if you had to shoot uphill, would you have to give the arrow a little tap to get it goin? That is crazy! I dont think I would want my bow to stay draw if I pointed it at the ground. LMAO That is hard to believe.... very hard. What would he do if it decided to fire with his hand off the riser? That would be "freaky"

I have shot one and it shoots good.

Quote Originally Posted by mtn3531 View Post
    ya i heard they can be held back just by the weight of the bow. Has anyone here actually shot one, or use one to hunt?
    13' Elite Answer
    Apprentice Lineman

I have a mental image of a bowtech with the draw stops not set right---100% let off

pretty cool actually
    Yoohoo. I'll make you famous! [

I heard about these a few months ago and called my dad almost immediately. He has major back issues and struggles to hold back very long now. I told him and he had already heard of them. He also said the are illegal in most states as far as he knew.
    2011 Bowtech Assassin black-ops 30/73 lbs
    6" stokerized hunter black and red
    Limbdriver arrow rest

How does it achieve a 99% let off?

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin73 View Post

He also said the are illegal in most states as far as he knew.
    New Jersey only has a minimum draw weight on archery bows and crossbows are also legal.
    So I see no way these would be illegal in NJ.

I can hold a 70lb heavier draw bows steadier than a 30lb bow. I will give you $5 if you can shoot that more accurately than a lower let off bow try to hold your bow back with a string attached then at full draw you can hold steadier with real bow. I think this should be legal if you have a diasability or above the age of 70 but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzz View Post
    Seems like it would feel like a wet noodle.
    Wouldn't know whether to shoot it or put marinara sauce on it.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast