a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

View Poll Results: What kind of Sight are you using this season on your hunting bow?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single pin (fixed or adjustable)

136 44.16%
  • Multi Pin

172 55.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single pin or Multi pin for hunting?

Single pin or Multi pin for hunting?

Single Pin Vs Multi Pin sight, for Hunting.

I know this pool have been up quite a few times.

But let's roll one more time, to see if some people have change their minds.

"What are you using this season on your hunting bow a Single pin (slider or fixed) or a multipin sight??

Hoyt AlphaElite 2011 53# 29" CBE QuadLite, GT 5575 405 gr. @ 251 fps
    Hoyt Katera 2008 68#, 29" HHA 5519, GT 7595, 490 Gr. @ 260 fps
    Carter Quickie 1+, Nockturnals, Blazers, B-Stinger, SteelHeads-4

Single pin slider for me..
    Set at 25 yards
    All my shots are between 15 and 30 yards..
    If I feel the urge to take a longer shot.. I will have time to adjust the slider

I have shot multi pin up until this year. This year im using the HHA ol-5510. I have two confirmed kills with the single pin and Im lovin it. The reason I switched is because I had a problem when using the multipin. I would draw and got caught up in the moment and would not focus ONE pin on the spot. I ended up placing all my pins on the animal and taking the shot. So therefore problem is solved with one pin
    Hoyt Vector 32...HHA OL-5510 single pin...QAD Ultra Rest HD...Easton Axis 340...Tru Flite Feathers...Carter Choc Lite

Special thanks to West End Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by lnevett View Post
    Single Pin Vs Multi Pin sight, for Hunting.

I know this pool have been up quite a few times.

Yes
    But let's roll one more time, to see if some people have change their minds.

Nope
    "What are you using this season on your hunting bow a Single pin (slider or fixed) or a multipin sight??
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Bowtech Commander
    (Compound Traditionalist…and inconspicuous Old Timer)
    Bear Super Kodiak

I just switched this year too. From a Spot Hogg SDP to a HHA Ultra XL-5519. Great sight and I love the simplicity of the sight picture, especially for hunting. Also, increased my target/3D accuracy significantly. I set mine at 20 yards while I'm hunting, since I rarely shoot more than 25 anyway.

My best advice is to familiarize yourself with it before you hunt with it, and really get used to using it. I really try to be careful to return it to the 20 yard marker after every round of shooting, but I did put a nice field point hole in my backstop (shed) from not adjusting my wheel from 60 yards while shooting at 20...

Arrow in T1-11....jpg
    I own 3 Bowtech Destroyer 350s
    I have For Sale:
    1 - Optifade Forest D350 70 pound grey custom-painted limbs, loaded with matching accessories - $650
    1 - Kahles 3.5-10x50 American Hunter w/ TDS Reticle and original scope caps - $550

HHA single pin slider!
    Pick a spot, a small spot!

I would like to try a slider next season but do not like how the pins come up from the bottom of the sight housing. For some reason I like them to come in from the side like a multi-pin sight.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
    My best advice is to familiarize yourself with it before you hunt with it, and really get used to using it. I really try to be careful to return it to the 20 yard marker after every round of shooting, but I did put a nice field point hole in my backstop (shed) from not adjusting my wheel from 60 yards while shooting at 20...

Arrow in T1-11....jpg
    been there, done that... only my barn is red
    Team 11- Caped & Quartered

Yes, we're just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by deadquiet View Post
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    thanks for your quality input. I think it really helped the OP.

i got a trophy ridge micro alpha 5 pin, with inline pins. love it, clear sight picture, no adjustments, can quickly get on target, it is a awsome hunting sight.
    2011 HOYT CARBON ELEMENT 80 LBS. ROCKING RKT CAMS
    2014 OBSESSION PHOENIX 80 LBS.
    CARBOFAST X-TINCT 12" FRONT & 8" SIDE STABILIZERS

For you guys that use the HHA slider what do you do with your quiver? I use a kwikee quiver and slider bar prevents me from installing my quiver so I've just been putting it n my pack....what do u guys use?

Multi pin for me, I just don't like the idea of extra movement if I have to move my pin for a longer shot, but I like the idea of 1 pin for a cleaner sight window.
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Team QAD PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan3778 View Post
    For you guys that use the HHA slider what do you do with your quiver? I use a kwikee quiver and slider bar prevents me from installing my quiver so I've just been putting it n my pack....what do u guys use?
    HHA makes a bracket that helps with some quivers. Take your bow with sight installed to your proshop and see what works, but you may need to try a different quiver...
    I own 3 Bowtech Destroyer 350s
    I have For Sale:
    1 - Optifade Forest D350 70 pound grey custom-painted limbs, loaded with matching accessories - $650
    1 - Kahles 3.5-10x50 American Hunter w/ TDS Reticle and original scope caps - $550

Using a single fixed pin for first time this season.Kinda like the less cluttered view,maybe try a slider next year.

HHA single pin for me.
    KCCO

Ok thanks

Single pin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PAKraig View Post
    HHA makes a bracket that helps with some quivers. Take your bow with sight installed to your proshop and see what works, but you may need to try a different quiver...
    yep, that or call HHA. They'll send you spacers and longer mounting bolts at no charge. At least they did for me. HHA's CS is top notch

I have the same HHA DS XL 5519 and the Apex bone collector 5 arrow fits on mine but i did have to shave down the plastic a little, lookin at it you would never know

single only for me
    Obsession Knightmare
    New Breed Cyborg
    High Country Conquest
    Toelke Chinook
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear www.dirtnapgear.com

HHA OL 5519. I can't imagine ever going back to a fixed pin again.
    - Sharrod

I really enjoy my single pin (adjustable). HHA all the way.
    My Gear: A bow, some arrows, and some accesories...all of which I probably spent way too much money for.

Single pin for me. For treestand hunting--Vital Gear Camel Back pendulum. For fields etc.---I swap out to my Viper Slider for extended ranges. One pin--One problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan3778 View Post
    I shoot with an HHA as well and use a plate that mounts between the riser and the sight. It comes out towards the string and goes up a little bit. You can find it here: http://www.kwikeekwiver.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=77 I got lucky and bought it at a hunting show for like $5.
    "Hardships are quickly forgotten. Intense heat, bitter cold, rain and snow, fatigue, and luckless hunting fade quickly into memories of great fellowship, thoughts of beautiful country, pleasant camps, and happy campfires." -Fred Bear

its just not bowhuntin without the 3-4 pin sight..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast