a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: PSE Stiletto vs. Diamond Razor Edge...

PSE Stiletto vs. Diamond Razor Edge...

Although I might be in the minority, but it seems for quite some time the Razor Edge was pretty much the only legit kids/youth bow....that a youth could really hunt with...and growth with. My son has had one for a couple years now and up until now I've seen the specs on the Stiletto....it might be able to contend against a razor edge.....

Any thoughts on one bow vs. the other?

It looks to me as far as adjustability when it comes to DL and poundage...the Razor edge still is the clear winner.....
    [COLOR="Red"]**John's Customs ProStaff**
    ______________________________ ___
    I don't trust a man that doesn't hunt.
    David E. Lewis

The Stiletto is geared more toward grown women than youths. I still like the Chaos FC and the Miniburner for the kids. The Chaos has been around a while.

The chaos is a better youth and womens bow imho. Its just as fast as the stiletto but is a lb less weight. This allows you to put the weight where you want it. Away from the bow. The razor edge is an entry level bow. I've played with both and think the chaos is a better bow

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ttt

any other thoughts?
    David E. Lewis

2 total different markets......1 is a starter and one is a more serious upgrade....the Stiletto is for women who want something besides a kids bow best i can tell by cam design and specs....
    razor edge is around 300 and Stiletto will probably be around 600 i expect...haven't seen a price list yet....

Great bows mentioned already.... cannot forget the Mission Craze and the new 2012 Riot.
    Mathews Z9 (No Cam HTR ordered) - HHA Slider - Trophy Taker Pronghorn Pro - B-Stinger Stabilizer - Tru-Fire Edge - Grim Reaper Fatal Steel 125 - Gold Tip Kinetic XT - Trueflight Feathers (Always)... _ 2 kills with Mission Dagger XB - Gold Tip Laser 3 - HHA Optimizer XB scope & adjustable mount system_ ___ - _____ Facebook: Hunters Choice Archery Pro Shop

Quote Originally Posted by COATED View Post
    Although I might be in the minority, but it seems for quite some time the Razor Edge was pretty much the only legit kids/youth bow....that a youth could really hunt with...and growth with. My son has had one for a couple years now and up until now I've seen the specs on the Stiletto....it might be able to contend against a razor edge.....

Any thoughts on one bow vs. the other?

It looks to me as far as adjustability when it comes to DL and poundage...the Razor edge still is the clear winner.....
    well since the stiletto isnt even available yet i dont see how they could be even remotly compared,, but since i have had the opportunity to handle and shoot a lot of bows,, the razor edge probably dosnt even come close to being a comparison to the stiletto, i know the diamond line fairly well and the pse line even better,, just comparing what i know between the two,,, the edge isnt even in the same ball park,, the stilleto is not a kids bow,, thats the main target group of the razors edge

I bought my 11 yo son a Razor's Edge about a month ago and have been very pleased with it.
    '07 LH Mathew's Switchback XT, WB rest, HHA OL-5519 sight
    '10 LH Mathew's Z7, WB rest, Spott Hogg Hogg-It Hunter sight
    Carbon Express and Easton Arrows with Rage Broadheads
    Tru-Fire Releases
    Swarovski SLC 8x42HD Field Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by HC Archery View Post
    Great bows mentioned already.... cannot forget the Mission Craze and the new 2012 Riot.
    +1. AS far as adjustability and growth potential both these bows.. Craze and the Riot BLOW AWAY the razor edge. The RE is not even in the same class.
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

Quote Originally Posted by XForce Girl View Post
    +1. AS far as adjustability and growth potential both these bows.. Craze and the Riot BLOW AWAY the razor edge. The RE is not even in the same class.
    Speed isn't everything, but the Razor Edge runs 15+ fps faster than the Craze and the Riot. The Razor Edge's "IBO" rating is 308 fps at 29" and 60 pounds, using a 300 grain arrow (5 grn/pound). The other two bows are 306 and 310 fps, but at 70#, 30", 350 grains. Using the Backcountry archery calculator, you can enter the Razor Edge's specs to predict what it would be at 70#, 30" if it could go that high. The calculator predicts 323-325 fps, depending on how much weight is on the string. I own a RE and have verified this prediction. Using 325fps/60#/28.5"/395grn/15grn on string, it predicts 272 fps. I chrono'ed my setup at 270 fps.

I bought this bow because I'm switching to left handed due to eye dominance. I found one on sale ($180!) and thought if I'm ever going to make the switch to lefty, now is the time. I have nothing bad to say about the quality of the bow. It is shorter and lighter than I would normally like, but I shoot it well. This is my first season with this bow, and already it has put a fixed blade VPA terminator through a buck and buried the arrow into the ground, and a Swhacker through a doe and into the ground.

BTW, I'm a 41 y/o male and almost 6' tall. I might get an urge to upgrade sometime, but there is no pressing need for me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by XForce Girl View Post
    TOTALLY dont agree!

My wife has a Razor Edge, and one of my hunting buddies wife has a Craze... sorry to say, the RE will outshoot the Craze any day of the week in both speed and smoothness of draw. We've shot them both side by side, same draw length, and same draw weight... the RE is just a better shooting bow. Not sure how it will compare to the Stilletto, but I DO know how it compares to the Craze... it kicks it's butt.
    2014 Strother SX Rush, 67lb/29.5", Vaportrail LimbDriver Pro-V, HHA DSL-5019, Trophy Ridge Static 9" stab
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS Pro Staff
    VAPORTRAIL ARCHERY Pro Staff
    Owner, OkieWild Archery & Custom Arrows, Sulphur, Oklahoma

PSE Rally is what is supposed to contend and compete well against the RE

bear apperentice is a legit youth bow i had the diamond and loved it idk about the pse

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlevlflyer View Post
    TOTALLY dont agree!

My wife has a Razor Edge, and one of my hunting buddies wife has a Craze... sorry to say, the RE will outshoot the Craze any day of the week in both speed and smoothness of draw. We've shot them both side by side, same draw length, and same draw weight... the RE is just a better shooting bow. Not sure how it will compare to the Stilletto, but I DO know how it compares to the Craze... it kicks it's butt.
    This is what I thought......

out of everything out there.....the Stilletto seems like the only bow (apples to apples) that could compare to a RE. Even after you upgrade the string and put a string stopper on a RE.....your still saving some dough....and with the RE you can go from 30 to 60lbs...w/the Stilletto you'll need to swap limbs. The Stilletto does look sweet though......
    David E. Lewis