Archery Talk Forum banner

I just hit a buck. Does this look like lung or liver blood on my arrow?

14K views 158 replies 116 participants last post by  deer man 
#1 ·
I just hit a buck at 35 yards one hour ago. I found my arrow but did not track it yet, i wanted to give it time to bed. It was a good hit. Just a little back further than i wanted but it was good up and down. I was wondering if this looks like a lung or liver hit. Any imput would be helpful. I am wait for my brother in law to come then we are going to go out and find him. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
What he said X2. Wait two hours. Dead is dead!!

#3 ·
Hard to tell, if the blood was on the arrow for an hour its going to be darker than when it was fresh if it was a lung shot.

#5 ·
Can't say for sure but I like the looks of that arrow. Good decision on waiting too. No need to be in a hurry. Will be waiting on the pics to come. Good luck!

#13 ·
I say its a dead deer blood, like stated above, give it an hour then let the blood trail determine your progress. You got good blood keep going, you make it 200 yards maybe slow down, give it another 30 minutes.

I bet you find it within 150 yards

#20 ·
I would say you lung. Blood is the right shade and it's not solid on the arrow. The lungs are not as vascular as the liver and therefor don't cover the arrow with blood quite as solid. Good luck finding him.

#21 ·
Dead deer. Period! By the looks of your arrow I say you'll find your buck with no problems. You did the right thing by waiting. Like stated above, if it it's dead now, it'll be dead in 2 hours too. Good luck bud. Looking forward to the pics!!

#23 ·
did you get him.
lloks like lung you may hit him up high which he wont bleed out as much. you may find little blood about 30 yard from the shot and every 10-20 yard you will see blood. i did that few years ago and i did not see blood until i was with in 30 yards from him. he ran close 100yards. i hit him high lungs. his lungs was full of blood

#25 ·
I'm not possitive that it looks like a lung hit from the picture you almost have to be able to smell it or see the blood trail itself to really tell. I would give him a couple of hours as long as it is not raining, if it is I would track him after 1 hour so there is still a blood trailto follow, in a slowly stalk mode ready to take a second shot if need be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.