a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Bowtech vs. Diamond

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    845

    Bowtech vs. Diamond

    Why would you buy Bowtech when you can buy a "darn" close version of the same bow for less money? I've shot the assassin and the destroyer, but have seen the fugitive and outlaw by Diamond that look just like them. I can't imagine they shoot "100 dollars" difference. Thoughts???



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Troy Michigan
    Posts
    184
    They are a price point series of bows. I also buy used bows because I find it hard to buy a $800 bow.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    2,943
    I like binary cams over single cams, and they do shoot a little different
    '11 Bowtech Assassin Black Ops 72# 28", Copper John Mark 1, Ripcord Code Red, 290 fps
    '07 Reverse AT Bowtech Allegiance with Rev Cams, 71# 28"HHA OL-5019, Limbdriver ProV, 281 fps
    100 grain Magnus Buzzcuts and Slicktrick Grizztricks on 394 grain GT Expedition Hunters

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,037
    Diamond is a sister company of Bowtech. Bowtech bows are strictly binary cams and Diamond bows are strictly single cam bows. All it is is a label. Nothing more than that. Same great quality of bowtech and are some great bows in my opinion.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis -- Limbsaver Windjammer 7" Stabilizer -- Sword Twilight Hunter -- QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away Rest-- Beman ICS Hunter Elite 438 Grains -- Broad heads: QAD Exodus Swept Back & G5 T3!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    237
    Ive shot all the bowtechs and all the diamonds and I beleive there is definately a $100 difference between them. I thought the the 3 diamonds were some of the worst drawing bows I have ever shot. I dont see why anyone would buy a Deadeye over a Destroyer just to save a $100. Everyone has there preferences though. I will take the overdrive binaries over a harsh single cam anyday though.
    2011 Darton DS-2800

  6. #6
    I actually have an easier time pulling back the Deadeye than I do the Destroyer 350. Other than that the D350 is the better bow though but not by much, not enough for me to spend another $100. Diamond is the same great quality as Bowtech because guess what, it is the same as Bowtech only in a solo cam. That said, I'd rather own the Assassin over the Fugitive because of the draw on the Fugitive was just as harsh as the D350 but I own the Deadeye because the draw was a little better and because it is sexier.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,234
    Bowtechs binary cam system in my opinion, is the best in the industry. Their Diamond bows are an awesome midrange bow. The Diamond Marquis is the smoothest bow I have ever owned. But, just like my Marquis, when I buy a Destroyer next season, it will be used. I can't see spending $900 on a bow. Besides, I only paid $375 for my Marquis with new HHA sight, Schaffer drop away, fuse stab, Scott release, and padded case.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pomona Kansas in the backwoods
    Posts
    1,431
    It all depends on the bow and shooter preference. For me, I loved (and still do) the diamond Iceman FLX it did everything perfect imho maybe a lil slow but def not $100 worth of noticeable difference. That said, for me, I'd take the destroyer over the dead eye, I felt there was a very noticeable $100 difference. In fact, for me, id take the iceman flx over the dead eye. But it's all personal preference. Shoot em and take your pick on what ya feel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    The cams are not the same. But the DIamonds are really nice.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kennerdell, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,619
    I like the draw cycle of certain bows more than others... Twin track binary style are a favorite of mine
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Show-Me State..on a little pond called Lake Pomme De Terre
    Posts
    3,469
    How could you say they are a darn close version,they are night and day different.Twin cam binary vs. single cam? Two "totaly" different types of system.
    Taxidermist/ commercial tannery owner and bow tuning shop 32 yrs and running... I shoot them all,and just pick the one that likes me!!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kennerdell, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,619
    I like the draw cycle of certain bows more than others... Twin track binary style are a favorite of mine
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    115
    Bowtech > Diamond.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    839
    FYI, Diamond is a division of Bowtech and both are a subsidiary of Savage Arms.

    If you call Bowtech about a Bowtech bow, they will redirect you to your local dealer and cut the conversation at that whereas Diamond is sold at most big box stores where the after-sale is extremely minimal and calling Bowtech will likely get you results. WIth that said, I'll take the binary cams anyday over solo cam. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Assassin but you have to go with what your wallet and heart tell you to get. I left PSE for Bowtech with a smile on my face!!!

    Regardless, welcome to the Bowtech family!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marshfield Missouri
    Posts
    9,617
    If you want a department store bow get a diamond and go to bass pro and let one of the teenagers behind the counter set it up, I personally want a bow that is bought in a proshop.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
    If you want a department store bow get a diamond and go to bass pro and let one of the teenagers behind the counter set it up, I personally want a bow that is bought in a proshop.
    x2, if you are an experienced archer and can buy a bow without assistance...Diamond may be for you because the kids working at the big box stores selling them do not know archery like a pro shop does. Not to mention that many serious archers won't take you seriously if they see you shooting a Diamond at a 3D shoot. If you are simply hunting with it...who cares what others think when your goal is to fill the freezer.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pomona Kansas in the backwoods
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmz View Post
    x2, if you are an experienced archer and can buy a bow without assistance...Diamond may be for you because the kids working at the big box stores selling them do not know archery like a pro shop does. Not to mention that many serious archers won't take you seriously if they see you shooting a Diamond at a 3D shoot. If you are simply hunting with it...who cares what others think when your goal is to fill the freezer.
    That surprises me, if I take any Diamond bow to a 3D shoot, no one will take you seriously? Help me understand this-is it that theyre considered junk? waste of material? Joke? What is it about a Diamond that gets you counted out before ya even take your first shot? Is Ross considered the same? What other brands are looked upon in that same light? Martin? PSE? Etc do ya HAVE to have a Hoyt? I'm not being a smart @$$, just trying to understand...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokedcutlass View Post
    That surprises me, if I take any Diamond bow to a 3D shoot, no one will take you seriously? Help me understand this-is it that theyre considered junk? waste of material? Joke? What is it about a Diamond that gets you counted out before ya even take your first shot? Is Ross considered the same? What other brands are looked upon in that same light? Martin? PSE? Etc do ya HAVE to have a Hoyt? I'm not being a smart @$$, just trying to understand...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I completely understand your question because I have had it as well. I personally think that if what you shoot is an 'X' driver, why should it matter. However, I have often found that the impression that alot of tourney shooters get some sort of "pro-shop-itis" disease because someone shows up to the line with a bow sold in stores that have ZERO knowledge of the sport. I have done a test where I showed up with a Hoyt and then a Bear and the reception I got with the Hoyt was much more favorable and inviting whereas the Bear somehow said that I was an "amateur" without any discriminating taste.

    I guess the best analogy would be to show up to a cookout with PBR...shows no class or discriminating taste for nicer things I guess.....but I wholeheartedly agree with your mindset myself which is one of the reasons why I stopped shooting 3D.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmz View Post
    I guess the best analogy would be to show up to a cookout with PBR...shows no class or discriminating taste for nicer things I guess.....but I wholeheartedly agree with your mindset myself which is one of the reasons why I stopped shooting 3D.
    I think it's all in your mind.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast
    Posts
    236
    I do not reply much, but really I have 2 Diamond bows and if I needed to take them back to Gander Mountain because I am being anal about something like a peep redone or reserved. The bows have always been handled with care. After here all the good about the big 3 and the pro shop bs I had to get one. I did it was a Mathews z7 and I am happy with the bow ,but the pro shop did not handle my equipment the way the box store did. Needed to have a spacer replaced and the tech dropped his tools on idle wheel leaving me dented up. Than another tech was trying to show me how the web quiver worked and dropped that on my bow. All I got in return was oops. So give me the place that respects your equipment as much as you do. As far as junk they are not. I shot a fun match of spots five rounds of three shots and scored 8pts behind the winner. He use a very pretty Hoyt elite and I thought I needed one he told me to keep my Parker Trailblazer and with a practice would be scoring higher. Sorry just had to vent.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    962
    I have to laugh at this... I have worked at Bass Pro and currently work at Cabela's in the archery department and I can tell you... I know what the hell I'm doing! Also... I am looking into opening my own shop soon... And yes I will carry Bowtech and Diamond! I shoot a Black Ice and it's by far one of the best bows of all time... And I mean in the category with the Switchback XT and the Guardian!
    * Hoyt Spyder Turbo 26.5/70, HHA DS-5519, Apach Micro Adjust, 10" Stokerized, CX Maxima Blue Streak 350's, and Muzzy MX3's! SMOKING!

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mo_down7 View Post
    I have to laugh at this... I have worked at Bass Pro and currently work at Cabela's in the archery department and I can tell you... I know what the hell I'm doing! Also... I am looking into opening my own shop soon... And yes I will carry Bowtech and Diamond! I shoot a Black Ice and it's by far one of the best bows of all time... And I mean in the category with the Switchback XT and the Guardian!
    I am sure that there are good techs like yourself that work at some of the big box stores. But for every one good tech, there are 10 or more that never worked on a bow until they were hired. How is the customer to know if the tech is any count or not?
    Deer tremble when they hear my name

    I ain't no pimp.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kennerdell, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,619
    Ok I like Bowtech & Diamond bows and I am tired of people speaking of Diamond as if they were a "cheap, inferior" product just because Bowtech decided to sell them in "big box stores". You can buy a diamond at most Bowtech dealers and last time I checked, they weren't that cheap either. They get the same riser material, finish, and technology that the Bowtech bows get. The only real difference is the cam systems... I have owned hoyt's, mathews's and bowtech's and I now have a quest and a diamond and I chose them because they fit me and they were the bows I wanted.

    If you are such a snob as to think less of someone because of the bow they shoot then maybe you are in the wrong sport. And just because you have the $ to go buy the most expensive bow on the market doesn't mean some guy shooting a "big box store bow" won't make you look like an amiture when it is all said and done
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    20
    I'm curious, has come up in this thread how much better Bowtech is than Diamond, and how Diamond is just a box store brand but there are numerous posts on Bowtech limb issues, derailing etc etc, but I struggle to find any negatives on the Diamond bows other than draw cycle and feel?? Personally I am a "Bowtech" fan owning a Diamond bow that I can't fault as a starting bow and will continue to look at these two brands for when I decide to upgrade. Am I wrong in my observation?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    in a tree
    Posts
    5,738
    I like binary cams tune better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •