Archery Talk Forum banner

PSE Reaper Crossbow

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  H&S Archer 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the pse reaper are they holding up? I read they are use made. Pse Make good compound bow. I have no experience with crossbow and a real tight budget. Would the reaper make a good entry level crossbow and future back crossbow for deer and turkey hunting? Thanks

#5 ·
I had PSE Viper Rattler since 2006, good solid crossbow, never had one issue with it, took 4 deer in occasional hunts, traded it in for SZ380 last May. Reaper looks very similar, and just as affordable as Viper was in its time. But, I don't know, there is nothing to catch my attention other than price tag, kind of old school crossbow, short power stroke, mediocre velocities with heavy draw weight. I cock SZ380 with my bare hands, Reaper is 20lbs heavier, won't be as comfortable. Also, the balance won't be as good, it is in a traditional rifle configuration, with release and trigger group being in one place, way forward, I guess them never learnt anything in past few years, even I did but them PSE folks didn't. Well, after all, price is right I guess

G
#7 ·
The 2011 models have been replaced by the 2012 Foxfire and Crossfire, which are available now. The riser, limbs, and cams are built in the US on the 2012. The barrel/rail, stock, trigger, and scope all come from the other side of the pond and appear to be identical to the 2011 components.

#8 ·
Do you think they will hold up. what is the difference between the firefox and crossfire. did the price go up. what do you guys think about the horton team realtree UL. it would push my buget. but heard the front grip is adjustable and you can get different recoil pads for different stock lenght.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.