Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Martin Archery's 2012 Catalog

As far as I know, the Scepter is the only true one piece riser Martin has right now...However, its been proven now that their three piece risers are structurally sound...at least on their shorter bows it seemed...overall, very impressive. That Bengal looks sweet with the flo. green roto cups...if only the cams were that color too
    Smarten up and Martin up

That Scepter looks interesting!
    Elite GT500
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
    Bowtech Guardian

NICE! I take it the Cougar replaced the Firecat? Looks like all they did was move the dampener i the riser. I like the carbon. Sweet bows!

2012 Line......wow, impressed again!
    I have to say that the 2012 line looks very good.....My first impression is, okay i think Martin has finally recognized that if they don't hit a homerun for 2012 that there going to be in worse trouble than they already are in the eyes of many! So when i flipped thru the pages, i said yes! they are really trying here.

The only thing i was dissappointed with was the grip still.....
    I can't believe they still have it......
    If you hunt in cold weather as does many, that grip is freakin cold....
    The two warmest grips that i have ever had and didn't have to wrap tourney wrap around were my mathews outback (woodgrip) and my Bear Truth 2 with that synthetic grip......they were exceptionally warmer!!!
    I wish they would take a serious look at that grip. I haven't heard one good comment about it....
    I couldn't shoot accurately with it......The curve needs to go.....Make it a warmer type....it's get cold in michigan u know!

The other concern is....will they actually do their advertised speed. I really hate when bow companys give you a range of speed, example 320-330 ? I know this Parker, Mathews, and my diamond black ice are within 2-3 fps of their claims....to me that is very acceptable. But after owning a few bengals and a firecat, the speeds weren't even close. I hope your reading this Terry Martin or whoever. You have a tremendous ability for 2012 and 2013 to right the ship, because from where i'm sitting and often reading on Archery Talk and talking to my local Dealer in West Michigan, you guys are really headed in a direction with your company and the way the public perceives Martin as a compentent bow maker that will not be financially healthy. I know I have said this many times, i will not own a martin again, and i don't. I would like to and i will say that this 2012 line up get me a little closer. A few things have to happen for me to come back. Be able to accept the grip and the speeds have to be legit! & the bows have to be very quiet. The quality control problem with the limbs I would have to think are behind you guys. I really like the past / extreme parrallel limbs (god do i hope they hold up) and the new cam looks great!

the Prowler looks the best to me! I wonder what the bare bow price will be.

Junior bow......I think your missing the boat on a junior bow like the bear apprentice or the parker sidekick extreme....

All in all I think you really stepped up (on paper atleast) I know you didn't have a choice. We will find out in the field and in the shop.

In a nut shell........Good Job!!!!! You have me looking your way again.
    Last edited by WestMichiganBowhunter; Today at 05:27 AM.
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Can't wait to shoot that Scepter.
    Have a question, send an Administrator or a Moderator a Private Message.

Is the cam on the Septer V a binary style cam? Is there some cam lean issues with this cam? I wish they would make that a binary 3 track shoot thru system. It would solve any cam lean problems and my problem of which bow to buy.
    He who thinks in terms of catching mice will never catch Lions.

i really liking the scepter.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

i really like the cougar if they have fixed a few things they might have something
    Friends Dont Let Friends Go To Hell..
    60x strings staff shooter
    CRAZYHORSE ARCHERY 1-270-789-3776
    808xt BOWSLINGS
    www.60xcustomstrings.com
    Sponsored by Black Eagle Arrows & 3D Hunting Supply & PeeOn A Limb

*Official* Martin Archery's 2012 Catalog

Martin Archery would like to announce the release of the 2012 Catalog.
    Best of wishes in the field or on the range.

http://issuu.com/martinarchery/docs/...olor=%23222222

The Scepter is Back !!!!

Gotta Get a Red One !!!

Scepter V Pro Nitro Hybrid Pro Cams*
    Speed ..................325-335 FPS (70#, 30”, 350 gr.)
    Let-Off ..................80% (adjustable)
    Draw Weight ..........50#, 60#, 70#
    Draw Length............26.5” to 32.25”
    Brace Height............7”
    Weight .................4.4 lbs.
    Axle Length ...........40”
    * Approximate

Any idea when a person might be able to purchase a 2012 bow? And, how much they might be?

Very nice lookin bows for 2012
    Many have asked. Does a scope and lens really help? Heck yes it does!! I miss a lot more accurately now.

I live in the Land of the Free, because of the BRAVE!!

Wow! What a lineup of bows. This is the best lineup of bows I've seen from any company yet. Fantastic looking bows, that shoot unbelievable, at the most affordable price how can you beat that.

Those are some great bows for 2012!
    Martin Shadowcat/Rytera Nemesis, Vaportrail Strings and Limbdriver rests, Victory Arrows, Tru-Fire Releases, HIPS Targets, Posten Stabs, Limbsaver.

When will the prices come out for these bows they sure look good but do they shoot as good as they look.

bump
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

The Scepter V is going to be the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    scepter has some nice specs. just hope that the cam lean has been fixed over the shadow cats.
    I have 2 2010 Shadowcats and they don't have any cam lean, or have I heard of any. I don't see how they could have any.
    Don.
    I shoot for...Gator Vanes....www.gatorvanes.com
    Deer Crossing Archery-Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot
    I shoot these bows...Martin SepterV,Shadowcat
    I shoot bowhunter-not barebow..non-sights and fingers.

that ''Pantera" looks wicked...34ATA Plus 330 FPS!!!! NICE...

2013-Pse''DNA'' Ripcord-"Code Red"MBG-Ascent "Ambush" TightSpot Quiver Easton "Injexion"CX-''Maxima-Red'' TrueFire''Hardcore-MAX'' Release" B-Stinger Pro Hunter Maxx''

Quote Originally Posted by zestycj7 View Post
    I have 2 2010 Shadowcats and they don't have any cam lean, or have I heard of any. I don't see how they could have any.
    Don.
    I have not had any issues with the Shadowcat having cam lean either. My cousin has a 2011 with no issues also
    triplejssportinggoods.com
    2013 Alien /2011 Zeus VTR
    2007 Bengal
    Old Bear Whitetail Hunter// Handmade English War-bow// WVBA

Did I misread? 35-70# in one set of limbs, one cam??
    Xpedition Xcentric
    Xpedition Xplorer
    Limbdriver
    Stan/Scott
    VAP/Swhacker

Cant wait for these to pop into the shop. Good job on the new designs guys
    triplejssportinggoods.com
    2013 Alien /2011 Zeus VTR
    2007 Bengal
    Old Bear Whitetail Hunter// Handmade English War-bow// WVBA

A question for Martin archery ... Will the black carbon colored bows come with flo green roto limb cups and is the Martin logo on the bows flo green like it appears 'in' catalog??? Hope so...
    "let the fans make the noise" -jh

My question on the septer V is that one piece aluminum a billet or a casting blank---
    It really looks good if it is a billet---and are there limb options///and how much $$$$//when are they at dealers ???

Well after last year I was disappointed and I've been looking at other companies for this coming year. After seeing the new line upI'm changing my mind Seems like they stepped it up for this year. I'm liking the Cougar. Also like the Onza and it now goes down below 27-1/2" draw so I'll be looking at it as well
    Natures Essence

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast