Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: *Official* Martin Archery's 2012 Catalog

I spoke with someone today who told me the new Martin solo cam on the pantera shoots very nice and smooth... He said out of three bows two were shooting ibo low 320's and one at 327... The bow is advertised at 320-330 ibo... I'm interested 'in' the solo cam and pantera...... Can't wait to hear more info from Martin and people have shot the new line!

"let the fans make the noise" -jh

no no problems but its kinda loud over all because i have no silencers at all great bow for the price. i love these martins
    2011 martin exile
    bullseye 3pin by coper john
    pse phantom drop away
    truefire patriot

I wouldnt mind trying the single cam version of the Silencer minus the CRAPPY Trg system!

Quote Originally Posted by trkyslr View Post
    I spoke with someone today who told me the new Martin solo cam on the pantera shoots very nice and smooth... He said out of three bows two were shooting ibo low 320's and one at 327... The bow is advertised at 320-330 ibo... I'm interested 'in' the solo cam and pantera...... Can't wait to hear more info from Martin and people have shot the new line!
    that's great to hear that there within there ibo range!!!!!!!!!

How about the sound at the shot....?
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Okay I will probably get blasted for this post but here it goes. I am very disappointed. I about jumped out of my seat when I first saw one piece risers but alas it is not to be except the Scepter. I had an Onza3 last year and I loved it but you could see the seams on the riser and everytime I picked it up I just seemed cheap to me. The TRG was a disappointment the strings were awful and you could take the bare bow in your hand and hit it with the palm of your other hand and it would ring like a tuning fork. Even after some high quality stabs were applied it still had some buzz. (I did find a stab made by a guy here local that did stop it dead in its tracks). The cams had too sharp of an angle on them that would play havoc on string/cables. The new quick release stabilizer set up would mar and scar the outside edge where the stabilizer would mount to the riser. As far as strength the 3 piece risers may hold up but it just seems cheap to me. I know Martins bows cost less but I would be appy to pay more for the quality if they would offer it.

On the upside I love the grip it is the best I have ever felt, easy to shoot with no torque even with big mitts on the hand. The color options they have are vry nice and forward thinking and Martin's customer service is awesome. I was not the original owner and messed up the limb from operator error in a press and they still replaced both limbs even when they did not have to and did it for free. I would like to buy another Onza3 but will not until some things get changed.
    [B]In matters of style, swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson
    PSE EVO, MBG ASCENT SIGHT, G-5 EXPERT PRO REST, SMOOTH STABILITY STAB, EASTON FLATLINE 400'S 350 GR. 56#, 27-1/2", 280FPS

thats your openion i like mine alot
    2011 martin exile
    bullseye 3pin by coper john
    pse phantom drop away
    truefire patriot

im still trying to figure out why RT1 said martin archery was in trouble...

2013-Pse''DNA'' Ripcord-"Code Red"MBG-Ascent "Ambush" TightSpot Quiver Easton "Injexion"CX-''Maxima-Red'' TrueFire''Hardcore-MAX'' Release" B-Stinger Pro Hunter Maxx''

Quote Originally Posted by realone7575 View Post
    im still trying to figure out why RT1 said martin archery was in trouble...
    I think its cause the last 3 years or maybe more, there has been what seems like a huge need for the great CS.

Great CS goes a long way, but when you pay 500 plus for a bow that you loose a couple times a year for a week or more at time, you are going to start looking at other companys.

Ive never had a problem with Martin bows, but the last one I bought was an '02 if I remember right.
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

oh i see

2013-Pse''DNA'' Ripcord-"Code Red"MBG-Ascent "Ambush" TightSpot Quiver Easton "Injexion"CX-''Maxima-Red'' TrueFire''Hardcore-MAX'' Release" B-Stinger Pro Hunter Maxx''

??? From my experience martins customer service has been great!

Quote Originally Posted by IsHeBreathing? View Post
    I think its cause the last 3 years or maybe more, there has been what seems like a huge need for the great CS.

Great CS goes a long way, but when you pay 500 plus for a bow that you loose a couple times a year for a week or more at time, you are going to start looking at other companys.

Ive never had a problem with Martin bows, but the last one I bought was an '02 if I remember right.

pretty much why!
    If they continue on the same path of putting out bow that don't work correctly, limb failure, trg disaster, bad machining and a bad camo finish, sharp ends on the cams, a cheap looking riser (3pc), some exihibit a awlful sound when shot, IBO not even close to the rating and martin officials cannot dispute these facts! More and more people will leave them like I did and shoot something else. Fact of the matter is if they have another year or two of these issues, they will be in some financial mess.

2 things that will get them and the martin hopeful back. It's an easy business plan...

2 & 2 Plan

1. Less limb failure's(i believe they have it figured out.....so concentrate on sound dampening
    2. IBO Speed that is within 4 fps of what is stated
    *they do this for 2012 / 2013 more sales will return................

then for 2013 or 2014
    1. work on just a touch better finish
    2. Keep the focus on Dealer development and customer service

If they do this they will no doubtebly have me buying another Martin soon from my local archery dealer
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

I meant they do have great CS, but the need to use it by so many, some more than once for the same bow, is what has some long time customers a bit "upset".
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by RT1 View Post
    pretty much why!
    If they continue on the same path of putting out bow that don't work correctly, limb failure, trg disaster, bad machining and a bad camo finish, sharp ends on the cams, a cheap looking riser (3pc), some exihibit a awlful sound when shot, IBO not even close to the rating and martin officials cannot dispute these facts! More and more people will leave them like I did and shoot something else. Fact of the matter is if they have another year or two of these issues, they will be in some financial mess.

2 things that will get them and the martin hopeful back. It's an easy business plan...

2 & 2 Plan

1. Less limb failure's(i believe they have it figured out.....so concentrate on sound dampening
    2. IBO Speed that is within 4 fps of what is stated
    *they do this for 2012 / 2013 more sales will return................

then for 2013 or 2014
    1. work on just a touch better finish
    2. Keep the focus on Dealer development and customer service

If they do this they will no doubtebly have me buying another Martin soon from my local archery dealer

got 2 of there bows with no problems you mention my father in law been shooting martin for 20 years and has had no problems im not saying there perfect but for the money we pay for these bows i am not complaing i see guys in my area buy hoyts mathews and bowtec and pse and have a lot of the problems you mentioned above but they paid well over $700.00 for there bare bows!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with RT1 to some degree. The TRG was a bad joke The finish on my 2011 Silencer was poor and The IBO was well............That being said Just speaking for the Silencer it looks like the new cam system(single cam) has the potentual to be almost as fast as the "claimed" Nitro cam. The TRG system has been ditched on all Martin models....Hmmm do ya think there could be a little truth to this one? and the price and customer service is still right. I cant offer any input on the strings because mine was sold as soon as it could be boxed up and shipped out. The Grip was AWSOME in my opinion. I think with a few changes The silener has real potentual. As a Washington resident and a supporter of American buisness I really want Martin to succeed! My hopes are up!

Im just tired of the shock and noise. I still shoot a scepter 2. I also shoot a 2010 firecat but with that being said I will not shoot another martin unless they fix those 2 things. I have not had any mechanical problems. Its time for a new bow so I guess I will wait and see what happens when I can shoot it for myself.

I have high hopes for Martin in 2012.......There going to need it.
    My dealer in west michigan almost dropped them.........I have a feeling if the same quality control trends keep happening, he will drop the line and go with something else......I don't blame hime.....But he is a good dealer and is trying to stick it out and thru with Martin.

i lik emy 09 alien x alot. had the sharp mods, tracks and rollor gaurd, but jrh60 got that all fixed up for me and its been shooting great ever since. I do think the finish could be better, my martin tracer finish is still good and i think that bow was made in 2002, alien x has a few spots missing paint and some chips. anyways still shooting good for me and i dont think it looks cheap, 3 peice riser doesnt seem to have a high failure rate at all.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

I have been shooting for 41 years competitively, I have shot for 5 different companies in this time. I have shot 18 years of being a Pro Freestyle shooter. I have now shot for Martin a total of 11 years. EVERY COMPANY has had issues with limbs,risers,cams at one time or another. So trying to say it is ALL Martin is simply not true and ridiculous. It is not acceptable to pay big dollars for a bow and have ANY part of it fail but it happens with EVERY Company. The Onza III and the Scepter V are my weapons of choice for this season. I have shot every Scepter model made and I have loved them all glad it is back. I cannot speak as to the Retail Price that will be up to the dealers. I WILL SAY that the SV is and AWESOME shooting bow. I love the grip and the feel of the shot and it is EXTREMELY accurate. I have not done IBO testing for speed due to being setup for indoors with my Triple Xs. But this bow will be a winner that I am sure of. Out of all the Martins I have shot in 11 years I have had ONE limb failure and I would venture to guess that I shoot more arrows than pretty much ANYONE on this thread. Not trying to challenge anyone but ALOT of string wear and cam lean problems have to do with SETUP issues or mis-adjustments. I can't wait to get this bow to the shoots after I get alittle more micro-tuning done. To end I would like to say as I have said earlier. EVERY company has issues once in awhile and although problems suck they do happen. Martin has done ALOT of changing internally to solve some issues and their bows will speak for themselves. I recommend a SERIOUS look at Martin the Scepter V and the Onza III are my personal favorites but their entire line WILL withstand the test of time.
    Factory Pro Staff Shooter for these Companies: Darton Archery, Goldtip Arrows, Bee Stinger Stabilizers, Stanislawski Releases, Winner's Choice Bowstrings,BCY Fibers, FIST Quivers (co-inventor),Brunton
    "This is supposed to be fun, or have you forgotten that?".. Cathy 1956-2000

Quote Originally Posted by Pro1 View Post
    I have been shooting for 41 years competitively, I have shot for 5 different companies in this time. I have shot 18 years of being a Pro Freestyle shooter. I have now shot for Martin a total of 11 years. EVERY COMPANY has had issues with limbs,risers,cams at one time or another. So trying to say it is ALL Martin is simply not true and ridiculous. It is not acceptable to pay big dollars for a bow and have ANY part of it fail but it happens with EVERY Company. The Onza III and the Scepter V are my weapons of choice for this season. I have shot every Scepter model made and I have loved them all glad it is back. I cannot speak as to the Retail Price that will be up to the dealers. I WILL SAY that the SV is and AWESOME shooting bow. I love the grip and the feel of the shot and it is EXTREMELY accurate. I have not done IBO testing for speed due to being setup for indoors with my Triple Xs. But this bow will be a winner that I am sure of. Out of all the Martins I have shot in 11 years I have had ONE limb failure and I would venture to guess that I shoot more arrows than pretty much ANYONE on this thread. Not trying to challenge anyone but ALOT of string wear and cam lean problems have to do with SETUP issues or mis-adjustments. I can't wait to get this bow to the shoots after I get alittle more micro-tuning done. To end I would like to say as I have said earlier. EVERY company has issues once in awhile and although problems suck they do happen. Martin has done ALOT of changing internally to solve some issues and their bows will speak for themselves. I recommend a SERIOUS look at Martin the Scepter V and the Onza III are my personal favorites but their entire line WILL withstand the test of time.
    can you post pics of your new setups?

I'm thinking real hard on pulling the trigger on a new Pantera Mag. I wish I could get some input on the new single cam set up.

As soon as my setups are finalized I will be more than happy to post pics. Right now I have prototype items on the bows that I can not show. But I will as soon as everything is setup and ready to go. hoodedmonk what input would you like to have. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have and I will be glad to help. Pro1
    Factory Pro Staff Shooter for these Companies: Darton Archery, Goldtip Arrows, Bee Stinger Stabilizers, Stanislawski Releases, Winner's Choice Bowstrings,BCY Fibers, FIST Quivers (co-inventor),Brunton
    "This is supposed to be fun, or have you forgotten that?".. Cathy 1956-2000

Quote Originally Posted by racknspur View Post
    Did I misread? 35-70# in one set of limbs, one cam??
    Don't think it reads 'with one cam'.
    Remember, they have the 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0...
    Martin Archery/Rytera
    Strother Archery
    Advantage Custom Strings
    Black Eagle Arrows
    Magnus
    Sword Sights

Cougar looks good on paper. I'd say they've done well this year in the looks department. Funny how sexy a bow looks with a fancy carved riser.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345