Thread: Bear dual string suppressors

Bear dual string suppressors

First off, I don't have any issues with Bear bows and I think that the newer models look great. (Attack, Carnage, Anarchy) I know that a lot of people have issues with the dual string stops but I think that most of them just don't like how they look. I have shot the Attack and it is very quiet, they have been using them for a few years, and they are on most of their models so obviously they think that they are effective. I am just wondering if the engineers ever thought to redesign the suppressor mounting so that they can be removed without leaving the mounting stud and installing a threaded insert in the riser for the standard suppressor. I just think that they would increase the interest in their bows with just a slight change. Again I have nothing against Bear and I like the suppressor design but some people don't. What do you think? Would you be more interested in the Bear product line if you could have a standard string suppressor?

Only issue I saw once from a buddy of mine is that one of the suppressor bar got bent off center and its not aligned properly with the string. Obviously it was his fault that he dropped the bow.

As a non bear owner, I think they look hokey or gimmicky...1 is all you really need. They also ruin the look of the bow IMO.
    In ASAT, Carter & Easton Axis I trust

It's on my short list to shoot when they come in- With a hunting or 3-D bow I wouldn't care if it looked like an octopus, as long as it hits the group at 60 I'm gonna put it on my list and consider opening the wallet. Make it your conversation piece!
    Hair on the ground, hooves in the air!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2678 View Post
    As a non bear owner, I think they look hokey or gimmicky...1 is all you really need. They also ruin the look of the bow IMO.
    That is fine. If you don't like the look then that is how you feel, but my question is if you could go to a standard string suppressor instead of the dual mount would you be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by curt514 View Post
    That is fine. If you don't like the look then that is how you feel, but my question is if you could go to a standard string suppressor instead of the dual mount would you be interested?
    Yes, alot more interested. The duals just bother me..I got nothing against the bows at all either. If im shellin out good $$ for one I at least wanna be able to look at it.
    In ASAT, Carter & Easton Axis I trust

That is what I am curious about. You can either love them or hate them. It makes no difference to me but I am just wondering if they would increase their market share with just a simple change. This would also make it so you could customize your bow to suit your tastes. I have a feeling that they could boost their numbers in the 5% range. I know this does not seem like much but if you sell 10,000 bows it would be 500 additional sales.

There specs are looking good and they are price along with the big boys but they just have a unique look.

curt514.. for my opinion.. if it goes on single, it be better. This is the reason why I got the Bear Charge and install a single suppressor..

Quote Originally Posted by curt514 View Post

Nice lookin rig
    Hair on the ground, hooves in the air!

zSar. I just bought a Bear Charge and want to put a string suppressor like yours on it. Where did you find a suppressor for the Charge since there is no direct hook up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by zSar View Post
    curt514.. for my opinion.. if it goes on single, it be better. This is the reason why I got the Bear Charge and install a single suppressor..

Bear23.. its the "Limbsaver String Decelerator". They come in Black or Camo models. I got it from Dicks Sporting Goods.

==> http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...414427.4414430

Please note: stay away from the "String Tamer" brand.. I have that too and its not stable. The rubber piece tends to get caught with the string and goes the same direction where the arrow goes... not kidding its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear23 View Post
    zSar. I just bought a Bear Charge and want to put a string suppressor like yours on it. Where did you find a suppressor for the Charge since there is no direct hook up for it?

I own 3 bears( attack , 2 anarchys) and i like the string stops. They match the curves of the limbs. Also one at top and bottom have to stop the string more equal leading to better arrow release and flight than just one on bottom wouldnt it?

2012 Bear Anarchy Shadow, Hha, Limbdriver.
    2014 Bear Anarchy Shadow HC. TT smackdown pro, hha

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2678 View Post
    Someone more knowleadgeable than me said that dual string stops like Bear uses are the only way to effectively stop the string oscillations. Apparently with just one string stop you just force the string to oscillate in such manner that the string doesn't move on top of the string stop but still oscillates everywhere else, which is impossible with two string stops. Hard to explain what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyvok View Post
    Someone more knowleadgeable than me said that dual string stops like Bear uses are the only way to effectively stop the string oscillations. Apparently with just one string stop you just force the string to oscillate in such manner that the string doesn't move on top of the string stop but still oscillates everywhere else, which is impossible with two string stops. Hard to explain what I mean.
    I can see that being true. The Bear carnage does not have an extremly aggressive cam, but the pre-load limbs do cause alot of force on the string, two stops almost seems mandatory for the bow to have proper volume control and have proper oscillation control(this bow is silent) or else they would have left one stop off to save production costs.

My answer to your first question, IMO it would be a hit or miss with customers if they went to standard string stops. I have sold a number of bears and alot of times the deciding factor is the look of the dual arch suppresors. Alot of shooters like things that look different than other bows. I think you would gain new customers and lose old ones because of the change. So overall i think at the end of the day the engineers had to make a design choice.

One big problem that i have seem with the arch suppresor rubber stoppers is that unlike a regular string stop where the string hits the rubber that is directly behind the stop bar. The bears actually hit to the side of the bar and tend to break and crack the rubber over time. I have had to order new stops for customers many time for this reason. Bear sends them for free bc its a common issue
    2012 Carbon Element, Axcel Armortech Vision HD Pro, QAD HDX, Carbon Blade.I know i left the "N" out of Technician)"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear