Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Quest Rogue and Torrent

2012 Quest Rogue and Torrent

*erm*

I like the name of the cam. Fluid......
    Screams smooth to me

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hoyt PCEXL, Vantage Elite + And Matrix with Spirals
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Like the looks of the Torrent. Maybe have to trade one of my primals for one lol.

Really like the specs on the Torrent ! Not a speed demon but if it's as smooth as the cam looks to be, i'll be getting one !

Shot the reps bow. It's smooth. Really smooth. It's closer to the IBO then you think.

I've been looking for people who have shot the new Torrent to pick their brain a bit but I am even having trouble finding a "so called" Quest dealer that will even be carrying one this year. I believe this to be my new hunting rig replacing my Fred Bear Truth 2(which I love that smooth draw), but i would like to hear a couple reviews. Can someone please give me whatever info they might have?

ttt

I've shot one.

Did you have any specific questions about it?

Just kind of curious about the overall experience. draw cycle, shot, vibration and hand shock(if any), grip, and noise level. Like I said b4 i am currenly shooting a Bear Truth 2 which is a pleasure to shoot and I feel is quiet and very smooth, but I was wanting to see how they compare b4 I drop the cash. The G fade looks sweet as hell by the way!

I guess i'm assuming that you are a dealer and I figured you have probably had a chance to shoot way more bows than I have. Just wanting to know how it compares to the competition. Thanks.

ttt

Well here's what I noticed.

1) Noticably less hand shock than the Hammer or Smoke.
    2) MUCH easier draw cycle than most of the bows I've shot.
    3) The Torrent is actually pretty fast; I clocked 315 at 5gpp at 60 lbs at 30 in and loaded string.

I don't have any good way of measuring sound so I can't tell you how quiet it is compared to your current bow (I've also never shot you're current bow so I wouldn't be able to tell you anyway ), but to me it sounded pretty darn quiet.

I think the biggest thing is the price. I heard a number but I can't remember if it matches up with the price listed on the web site. I remember it being pretty close to what the Smoke is/was.

Anon, Thanks for the info. I was also looking at the Smoke so I am glad you threw that in there. So this bow has a lot of bang for my buck? and what would you compare the draw cycle to? The price on the site is 529-559 but I have found a dealer that will ship it to me for over $100 less than that online but I heard if you buy a Quest online that it voids the warranty. Sounds silly to me. Do you know if this is true? one more thing, does this have the new i glide flex or the old i glide system? (sorry so many questions but Im just trying to make the best desicion). Thanks for all of your help!

i would contact G5 normally if you are buying a bow from a dealer and there is not one close to you most bow companies will still honor the warranty. it only voids the warranty if you are buying it from and online store or ebay. as they try to protect there dealers who could not compete with those who only sell online, as they don't often have employees, buildings and everything else that comes with owning a business so they can sell items for less and still come out ok. so i would jsut send an e-mail to G5 and find a dealer around you or send them an e-mail asking how you can go about buying a bow from them i am sure they would love to help you out. (note* i am not a dealer or online seller and am just conveying what i have heard from one of the shops in my area about the warranty being voided if purchased online)
    1) God
    2) family
    3) everything else

Sounds like a good idea quickcat. I bought my Truth 2 online and Bear still honored that warranty so I would hope G5 would do the same. I have Quest "dealers" within 50 miles of me but none of them will actually be carrying any of the new bows so I have to resort to other methods to find what I want.

6 Quest "dealers within 50 miles that is.

Quote Originally Posted by hdrking2003 View Post
    Anon, Thanks for the info. I was also looking at the Smoke so I am glad you threw that in there. So this bow has a lot of bang for my buck? and what would you compare the draw cycle to? The price on the site is 529-559 but I have found a dealer that will ship it to me for over $100 less than that online but I heard if you buy a Quest online that it voids the warranty. Sounds silly to me. Do you know if this is true? one more thing, does this have the new i glide flex or the old i glide system? (sorry so many questions but Im just trying to make the best desicion). Thanks for all of your help!
    Yes, Elite, sounds right, great deal, no idea, and it uses the old I-Glide system (the non flexing one).

I'd really just see if I couldn't try and find a dealer that has one and try it yourself. It's kinda hard to explain the draw cycle in words.

EDIT: I know that some of the box stores (Bass Pro, Gander Mtn, etc) will be carrying this bow, in addition to a package version that comes with a sight and rest and stuff, so you could try and get a hold of one of those guys if you have any in your area for information on price, ship dates, etc. It really depends on how good their archery dept manager is on whether or not you'll be able to shoot one though.

What area are you in, by chance?

Central Ohio, about an hour northeast of Columbus. I called 2 Gander Mtn's in the Columbus area and they said that if they even get these bows in, it wont be until next summer sometime. I definately am not going to wait that long. One of the best shops around(Fin Feather & Fur in Ashland,Ohio) is another Quest "dealer" but they said since everyone buys hoyts and mathews that they would not be ordering any Quests this year at all! They said that about their PSE's too. So much for stocking something for everyone!

By the way anon, thanks for all of your help so far.

Ttt

ttt

Just talked to the online seller and he is actually a dealer. he said he has dealt with this before an what he does is write everything up on an invoice so I can still have a warranty. NICE!

ttt

I work at Cabela's and I bet we won't see the new bows until early to mid summer. Quest maybe even a little later because it seems like they typically take a little longer. Can't wait to shoot that Torrent though!

My local dealer just got in one of each. Hasn't put them out on the rack yet.

Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
    Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
    Bamabows Elite Classic 64" 50@28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast