Thread: Tuning and Finding parts for a Golden Eagle Compound Bow

Tuning and Finding parts for a Golden Eagle Compound Bow

Hello,

I recently purchased a Golden Eagle compound bow, not knowing what I was getting into. It cost me about $80. When I took at it my archery club, bow guru there told me I needed to change my string on the bow, which is a steel string.

Also, I need new modules to shorten the draw length. I currently have Module D on it, and I think I need A. My Draw length is between 25 and 26 inches.

What do you guys think I should do. I tried to upload the picture, but stupid Uploader is not working.

There is a guy on ebay that is selling a lot of old Golden Eagle parts. You might also want to call Fred Bear Archery for specs. They go back to about 1993.

My guess is the bow has either wood or solid glass limbs on it, and if it has a steel string then so are the cables and it will be impossible to time the cams...save yourself the headache since the limbs could be warped and will break if you shoot a light arrow out of it. Buy a newer modern bow like a Hoyt or a Mathews instead.

If your photos didnt attach, the size of the photos are too big.

Golden Eagle did NOT have steel strings! The Cables were steal coated as all bows had then. If you give me the exact marking on the mod I will see if I have them. What Model is the Bow? and a picture is also helpful.. I was a GE Dealer and shooter for 12 years.
    :Bob
    Stay Calm - Pick a Spot - Aim >>-------> ( X ) Ti Togi Bowmen 1988>>-->NFAA 1989>>-->NYFAB 1988
    Hoyt AlphaMax Blue Fusion 40/50 Hoyt AlphaMax Jet Black 50/60, Original Trophy Taker, 60X Strings & Cables, Accel & Copper John Sights, CR Target Scopes

string and cable

I Have A Golden Eagle Ultra Evolution Advant HI-Cam R/H 65% String-58.5 Cable-43 5/8//// Where Can I Get This? Thanks Patrick

you can get strings and cables from any string maker that advertises on Archery Talk or your local archery shop can order them for you.
    Stay Calm - Pick a Spot - Aim >>-------> ( X ) Ti Togi Bowmen 1988>>-->NFAA 1989>>-->NYFAB 1988
    Hoyt AlphaMax Blue Fusion 40/50 Hoyt AlphaMax Jet Black 50/60, Original Trophy Taker, 60X Strings & Cables, Accel & Copper John Sights, CR Target Scopes

i have a golden eagle evolution xtr and m looking on shortening the draw length it is set at 29 i need it at 27 how do i do that SUNP0009.jpg the cam has 546 stamped on it

What module is on it.

post a pic of the whole bow

They definitely do not have steel strings! They had steel cables that were coated but the string is probably D50 (Dacron). And you can tune wheels with steel cables! You can adjust the cable/teardrop tail by loosening the allen set screw in the wheel and sliding the cable in or out (measure the length of each tail and make sure they are the same....then you can make small adjustments for nock travel). Have someone qualified check the limbs and make sure there are no cracks or de-laminations in them. You can NOT use a new string (new string material) or even the older Fast Flight material on any steel cabled bows except for the late 80's Oregon bows that had upgraded 10/32nd size cables instead of the 8/32nd size that were used by all other manufacturers. Hope this helps. God bless

Quote Originally Posted by highpoundage View Post
    There is a guy on ebay that is selling a lot of old Golden Eagle parts. You might also want to call Fred Bear Archery for specs. They go back to about 1993.

My guess is the bow has either wood or solid glass limbs on it, and if it has a steel string then so are the cables and it will be impossible to time the cams...save yourself the headache since the limbs could be warped and will break if you shoot a light arrow out of it. Buy a newer modern bow like a Hoyt or a Mathews instead.

If your photos didnt attach, the size of the photos are too big.
    2013 PRO STAFF SHOOTER FOR: * SURE-LOC SIGHTS...THE ICON * EASTON ARCHERY PRODUCTS * DOINKER STABILIZATION-ESTREMO PLATINUM SERIES!! * PROLINE BOWSTRINGS-THE ONLY STRINGS "CUZ" TRUSTS!! * SPECIALTY ARCHERY PRODUCTS * FLEX-FLETCH PRODUCTS...FF-187!! * CARTER RELEASES-SIMPLE 1's BY vftcandy!!!! * ACCUNOCKS * A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SPONSORS!! * AND A SPECIAL "THANK YOU" TO JESUS CHRIST & MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!