Thread: Never Cease to Surprise

Never Cease to Surprise

So I'm after a Muley buck this morning. I go early into the scrub brush where I've seen him -- thick stuff.

I clear a couple of shooting lanes and sit and wait. Three minutes later he busts out from behind me. He had been there the whole time listening to my de-construction then waited to see what I would do. I check it out and he's got a very active scrape in there.

Dang. He's nice too. Dec 31 bow archery is over here. Looks like a three year drought will extend to four. Sigh.

don't give up

Figure out another lane he might like about 80-100 yards away that parrallels that one. He will likely use that to skirt where he thinks you will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by BO HNTR View Post
    An ARCHER sees how far he can get from his target and still hit it.......a BOWHUNTER sees how close he can get before he hits his target. JMO
    RIP John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhames
    Watching those hunting shows is a little like reading Playboy. Those big racks are out there but they're few and far between, easier to spot than to get one of your own, and if you do get one, it usually costs quite a bit to mount it.

The area is fairly open so trails can be from anywhere. Attached is a JPEG of the area. The red spot is the scrape. Deer may bed anywhere really, and they tend to move to the east up to the plains in the evening, but all that is a little random. Prevailing wind is west. All the green you see is brush, not trees, so a stand is out of the question...
    2011-10-29_153502.jpg

That sucks man, I hope u smash em

Buck up butter cup....you still have 2 more months!

Quote Originally Posted by spike camp View Post
    Buck up butter cup....you still have 2 more months!
    My bow archery mule tag runs out Oct 31 in Saskatchewan. After that -- I'll have to settle for whitetail for the freezer, likely with the 7 mm.