a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: ASAT Rainwear Review

ASAT Rainwear Review

I'm normally what I'd call a pretty hard core hunter but I always would head for the truck or stay home if it was wet.

This year I decided I was going to turn my game up and be more commited to hunting longer and no excuses for sitting at home. In order to stay out I needed some rain wear. I'm a huge fan of predator and ASAT so I was limiting my purchase to those two patterns. Since I already have some nice GWW and Dayone gear I only needed a final rain proof layer.

Not wanting to break the bank I shopped around and saw ASAT added some rain gear.

Tonight was the first time I had a chance to use the rain wear. I was on the stand since sunrise and around 2:00 pm is started to mist and looked like it would rain. I dug the pants and pullover out of my pack. I'm 5'9" 200 and wear and XL so I went with an XXL. The pants easily slipped over my wool day one bibs and the coat went right over my dayone pull over.

The rainwear fits really nicely, is quiet and most importantly kept me dry! I was out in the on and off rain for 3 hours and had no issues with it soaking through. The hood fit well but I did have some issues as I put it on over my harness so I had to sit a bit sideways to keep the hood up with my back to the rain/wind. The suit also seems to be windproof.

Downside: Only bad thing I noticed was how thin the material is. I would not walk in/out in this set, only put it on once I was in a stand or not planning to move around. I think if you hit thorns or anything the suit would be shredded.

All and all it was a very good investment of $100. The suit is light weight and packs down nicely. Don't be afraid to give it a shot.

Thanks for the review!
    -Mathews DXT, Spot-Hogg Real Deal, QAD HD, STS, Limbsaver X-Coil, Vapor Trail, GT Pro Hunters, and Slick Tricks...

Just got mine 2 wks ago, i agree with your review 100%
    (5) Martin Slayers-Nitrous X

(2) Rytera Bullet Xs-Nitrous X B cams

HUTCH-N-SON Strings @ bowstringdepot.com

ttt

bump for some great rain gear!

Nice review. Is it breathable? I hate that clammy feeling most raingear gives you, even if it's not raining.

It is pretty breathable, I didn't get that clamy feeling you are talking about but I was sitting. I tend to get that clamy feel when I'm active...