Thread: Capture style arrow rest vs Whisker Biscuit

Capture style arrow rest vs Whisker Biscuit

Which Arrow rest is better?
    I know the Whisker Biscuit has always been very popular, and I want to know if the capture rest can compete

Im concerned with speed, accuracy, and noise. And which is better for hunting

If anyone has some bright ideas id love to hear em.
    Thanks

Well, IMO they are both good rests. I have buddies that like the wisker biscuit because it has no moving parts which means one less thing to go wrong. Personally I like the QAD HD drop away. Never had one problem and I have used them for years. I would'nt hesitate to use either.

i've been using a biscuit for 10 years until this year. mine was worn out so i started looking into other types. looked at em all then came across the trophy ridge revolution. total containment, drop away, and much less $ than the others that are out there. do a search on here for them, tons of very happy archers. myself included.
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350
    2013 Hoyt Carbon Element

I am a big fan of the WB. Simple to use, and great for hunting. I have never had a problem with noise or speed reduction. Logic would say drop a ways should be more accurate, but I can hang with all my friends that shoot them. I figure my 2 inch cut with the broad head will more than compensate for any very very slight difference.

WB, I've shot dropaway's also but after long enough all mechanical things fail and when they fail isn't up to you.
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” –Theodore Roosevelt

2010 Monster 7.0, 72#~31"dl - 1960 Kodiak 64", 42# - 2014 RER Vortex II 64", 35#

Im specifacally looking at this style rest
    This rest looks similar to the whisker biscuit has anyone used this rest? if so how does it compare to the Whisker Biscuit
    (Octane™ Hostage™ Pro Arrow Rests)

The Hostage Pro is the only rest i'll use for hunting. No noise no fletching contact, Quick and easy to load. Killed deer elk and geese out to 70 yds with great accuracy.When you think about it, it's some what like a springy spring steel, which alot of target shooters use. Yes you may have to replace the brushes about once every year. About 12 bucks...big deal.What i do is tune my bow perfectly: broadheads shooting EXACTLY with field points then RECORD all the measurements. IE: bottom of nock 5.25 below peep. 7/16 nock high, arrow centered down power stroke, cam lean 1/8 at nock point .It's very easy to retune to these specs if the bottom brush wears down.Works for me, im sure you'll get lots of different opinions.
    60 yd. goose 65 yd deer
    goose.jpg graphic deer.jpg