Archery Talk Forum banner

Capture style arrow rest vs Whisker Biscuit

13K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  avi8ter 
#1 ·
Which Arrow rest is better?
I know the Whisker Biscuit has always been very popular, and I want to know if the capture rest can compete

Im concerned with speed, accuracy, and noise. And which is better for hunting

If anyone has some bright ideas id love to hear em.
Thanks

#2 ·
Well, IMO they are both good rests. I have buddies that like the wisker biscuit because it has no moving parts which means one less thing to go wrong. Personally I like the QAD HD drop away. Never had one problem and I have used them for years. I would'nt hesitate to use either.

#3 ·
i've been using a biscuit for 10 years until this year. mine was worn out so i started looking into other types. looked at em all then came across the trophy ridge revolution. total containment, drop away, and much less $ than the others that are out there. do a search on here for them, tons of very happy archers. myself included.

#4 ·
I am a big fan of the WB. Simple to use, and great for hunting. I have never had a problem with noise or speed reduction. Logic would say drop a ways should be more accurate, but I can hang with all my friends that shoot them. I figure my 2 inch cut with the broad head will more than compensate for any very very slight difference.

#5 ·
WB, I've shot dropaway's also but after long enough all mechanical things fail and when they fail isn't up to you.

#7 ·
The Hostage Pro is the only rest i'll use for hunting. No noise no fletching contact, Quick and easy to load. Killed deer elk and geese out to 70 yds with great accuracy.When you think about it, it's some what like a springy spring steel, which alot of target shooters use. Yes you may have to replace the brushes about once every year. About 12 bucks...big deal.What i do is tune my bow perfectly: broadheads shooting EXACTLY with field points then RECORD all the measurements. IE: bottom of nock 5.25 below peep. 7/16 nock high, arrow centered down power stroke, cam lean 1/8 at nock point .It's very easy to retune to these specs if the bottom brush wears down.Works for me, im sure you'll get lots of different opinions.
60 yd. goose 65 yd deer
Canada goose Bird Duck Water bird Beak
Fish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.