Thread: Climbing stick question

Climbing stick question

Here's the deal...I bought 4 Leverage sticks (got a good deal on them) and just set them up for the first time. I have watched the You-tube videos of these guys getting 20 to 25 feet up with Lone Wolf sticks. It's like they run up the tree. After getting the stand hung...and a few issues with a lineman's harness..it wouldn't adjust ...Icrawl down and look at the set-up. I'm about...oh I guess 16'. In all fairness, the 4th stick is above the stand to be used as a handhold. My question is, will I get better with more practice and getting more familiar with it or do I need to ditch the idea now and buy a ladder?

In order for me to get 20+ feet with Leverge sticks i had to add another stick. Now with my LW Sticks i only have 4 (because of weight) and added a small webbed strap to the bottom stick. I did this so i can mount the bottom stick at chest height and then put my foot in the webbed strap. I also had to mount the stand above the last stick in order to get above 20'. Here is the link for the web strap idea (post# 44 page 2). Thanks cbigbear for the idea.
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech General apg
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by double o View Post
    In order for me to get 20+ feet with Leverge sticks i had to add another stick. Now with my LW Sticks i only have 4 (because of weight) and added a small webbed strap to the bottom stick. I did this so i can mount the bottom stick at chest height and then put my foot in the webbed strap. I also had to mount the stand above the last stick in order to get above 20'. Here is the link for the web strap idea (post# 44 page 2). Thanks cbigbear for the idea.
    You forgot to post the link..
    -Mathews DXT, Spot-Hogg Real Deal, QAD HD, STS, Limbsaver X-Coil, Vapor Trail, GT Pro Hunters, and Slick Tricks...

Quote Originally Posted by cornfedkiller View Post
    You forgot to post the link..

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...1608406&page=2
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech General apg
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” Thomas Jefferson