a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mathews 20th anniversary FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by hartzell932 View Post
    Im a big mathews fan and this is just plain dumb. Its looks like they also discountinued the Z7 because it is not listed on there site anymore just the extreme and the magnum. Making this bow 1/2 pound lighter is great but between the price tag they are gonna throw on it and also the fact that it takes seperate accessories parts than the other mathews bows which i am sure will also cost more as well, I just dont see the point.

I agree with you 100%

Snore.....ville for mathews.......really dissappointing
    I have to say that it's a nice addition, something 3.5lbs......but really that's the big to do...

I'm more impressed with the 2012 Martin line........I'm spending my money on the martin line when they come out....more bang for your buck.....oh and their line up has been 3.5lbs for what 3-4 years....msrp of $959.......and you can't adjust your single cam yet with a rotating module........it's almost 2012

my 2010 black ice and my 2009 martin bengal can adjust...... & you can get a great bow for 1/2 the price.....

Hell even the parker inferno (great shooter) has a better adjustable cam system.

Mathews new slogan:

"Catch up if we can"

"Afford us if you can"

I'm sure it shoots well, heck all the mathews seem to.......
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Just shot the new Mathews Helix m at the bowshop this morning. I personally think the Z7 extreme is a better bow. There was slight hand shock, poor vane clearance and it feels cheap in the hand. The bow is light, holds pretty well, not much torque, the draw cycles seems to be the same as the Z7. I do not know what the speeds are since mathews did not send any info with this bow.

It seems they made a flex cable guard, at full draw the arrow shaft almost hits the cables, if you torque the bow the arrow does hit. At rest the blazer fletchings on gold tips hit the cables, the rest was set at 13/16" don't know if mathews has a different center shot for this bow. Through paper we got perfect arrow flight at 1/16"-1/8" high nock and 13/16" center shot.

I own Mathews, PSE, Hoyts, and Martins. I'm not bashing mathews since I feel that most companies have reached a stand still in technology for the most part. How far can they really go? One thing I wish they did and they didn't is get rid of those dam wooden handles. Just my 2 cents.

The only reason I see to buy the new ZELIM is to say you have a collection of all the Z's.

I think the bow is awesome! I shoot PSE but out of everything you guys complain about seems like mathews always tries to fix. I want a smooth drawing bow? I believe they draw pretty smooth. I want a short bow to hunt with? Well they did that. I want no vibration after the shot? Lets see thay did that two. I wish they had a more solid wall. Now they put on a stop. I wish it was lighter. Well it is. The grip is too fat. Well they made it more slim and give you the focus option, What more do you people want. Give me a break probably as good as hunting bow that has ever been built. Its just two bows the triumph is not listed under comp bow so u know they are coming out with something else. The hunting market is the largest out there and its still hunting season. Which bow would you bring to market first?
    Hunting: Stealth "Hitman IV"
    3D: Marxman"Incredible Hulk"
    Ben Pearson shooting staff
    Sometimes I go by the name "Mike Honcho"

I'm more impressed with the2012 Martin & Parker line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

Elite has my vote so far. have to wait for Bowtech.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtecher82nd View Post
    I like how everyone gets all up tight when people have comments about Mathews, but most of them were first to bash Hoyt and the others that came out earlier .
    I think some of these folks just like to moan and groan, if you'll notice some of the same guys complaining about Hoyt last week are now complaining about Matthews this week
    Somebody want Brand X of bow but does not want to wait and see what Brand X will have so they will settle for another brand Y and be moaning because they didn't wait for Brand X

that cant be all though, mathews is going to put out more than two bows...
    "Catch us if you can" Mathews Monter Social Club Member - Team #4 Gobbler Getters
    Blackout Mathews Monster 29/70 -Sword Apex 3rd Plane - Goldtip Ultralight 300 - Blazer Minis 1.5" - Carter 3D 2000 - Posten Stabilization - Battledrum Wraps - G5 Tekan - 330 fps / 94 ft.lbs. of K.E.

i was expecting a little more from both mathews and hoyt. I like both but i dont think ima sell my Extreme till i see next years lineup. They both kept the same risor design just changed the shape and the cams. Im waiting for a bigger advancement before i get rid of my extreme... If only the carbon element came in single cam.... that would be the day i buy three lol

Z7 Extreme
    29/70 Tru ball
    Maxima Hunter 350s
    CBE Sniper
    D-loop NAP Apache

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy26 View Post
    I didnt think my post was uninformed or stupid, just pointing out what I see.

It wasnt really....look at the guys sig. Most likely sells mathews for a living

For the record............im very dissapoiunted
    Xpedition archery
    Stage 1 strings

the limb stop is a nice addition so they may finally have a back wall
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Shot all Hoyt's new lineup,,,, Mathews didn't do any catching up that's for sure!
    Hoyt Blacked out AlphaMax 32 XTS
    67lbs 30" 310 w/ 385 Grain Axis

Korbin's custom strings
    QAD pro, Fuse stab, extreme micro

Was expecting more for the 20th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1021 View Post
    that cant be all though, mathews is going to put out more than two bows...
    Of course not. There's the dealer show at the beginning of December. I'm more than sure some more good stuff will come out. Mathews corrected EVERYTHING I personally thought was wrong with the Z7. Heavier than advertised (there's no ** by the weight now saying "without accessories"), and they added a limb stop for a more solid back wall. We have apparently hit an engineering plateau and our "instant gratification" society we live in is pitching a little b*tch fit about not having something completely different. GOOD JOB MATHEWS...The only thing I am concerned with is the $959 MSRP.
    Mine: 2013 Hoyt Spyder 34, 28"/65#
    Hers: 2012 Mathews Jewel, 26"/53#
    Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff
    Dead Center Archery Factory Staff
    Sword sights, QAD rests

Lets keep complaining about this all week....that sounds fun, listening to people whine and complain about new bows...thats what its all about, yea...go team

Looks like the new roller guard might be designed to flex some during the draw, being that it's just a rod with the rollers on the end and supposedly a "reverse assist" design.
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

Could someone please resurrect the thread about the Z7 when it was released in the fall of 2009? If I remember correctly the "experts" here tore it apart predicting the fall of Mathews. (The Z7 was Mathews most successful bow ever) Just sayin'.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grampy™ View Post
    Could someone please resurrect the thread about the Z7 when it was released in the fall of 2009? If I remember correctly the "experts" here tore it apart predicting the fall of Mathews. (The Z7 was Mathews most successful bow ever) Just sayin'.....
    Yes but by now it seems as they are beating a dead horse. I'm hoping for limb stops on the monsters. And no not the M8.

Quote Originally Posted by Goathollerbucks View Post
    yeah an mr 8 thats ridiculous im gettin an invasion
    Welcome aboard!
    Bowtech INVASION "BLACK OPS"
    Archer Extreme AXT Driver
    CE BlueStreak 350s
    Rapids Archery Club
    Pope and Young Club... "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then..."

People will still buy them, I know a guy that is 6'4 that bought a z7e and got a bull this fall with it. I shot it, it really drew nice and felt great on the shot , typical for me with that short ata the right left misses became pronounced but then again it was set up for him. He likes it so what the heck
    Hoyt RKT Matrix
    It's just a bow.. Shoot it
    Gut Piles Make Me Happy™

What is the big deal on the new cam?- It looks like a Diamond Marquis cam of years past. Bottom line is nothing new just rehashed same old stuff. Just pass the waffles and syrup please!!
    PSE Vendetta DC
    John's Custom Strings + Bow-A Constrictor Bow Presses
    "Of all the sounds on earth let me hear the bugle of a bull elk on a cold morning in the Rocky mountains, and then one more-The still small voice of God." Psalm 19

The helim to me looks like the hyperlite was to the DXT, just a cheaper version of the z7, with a BIGGER price tag!!!
    MATHEWS CHILLR Lost

Quote Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
    Was expecting more for the 20th Anniversary.
    ditto..and i would've thought with all the nad bust'in that took place that they'd loose the "waffle" thing..and whad they offer up?..

Lighter, Fluffier, BIGGER "WAFFLES"!
    "A person voicing their opinion on the net is often times an admission of character."
    BLACK WIDOW PSA II TD RECURVE 62"/43# @28"
    1975 HERTERS PERFECTION MAGNUM RECURVE 60"/44# @ 28"
    BUSHMEN "AMERICAN NATIVE" R/D LONGBOW 64"/37# @ 28"

Very good post!

Quote Originally Posted by birddawg View Post
    I think the bow is awesome! I shoot PSE but out of everything you guys complain about seems like mathews always tries to fix. I want a smooth drawing bow? I believe they draw pretty smooth. I want a short bow to hunt with? Well they did that. I want no vibration after the shot? Lets see thay did that two. I wish they had a more solid wall. Now they put on a stop. I wish it was lighter. Well it is. The grip is too fat. Well they made it more slim and give you the focus option, What more do you people want. Give me a break probably as good as hunting bow that has ever been built. Its just two bows the triumph is not listed under comp bow so u know they are coming out with something else. The hunting market is the largest out there and its still hunting season. Which bow would you bring to market first?
    Z7 xtreme
    67# 30" dl
    cx maxima hunters

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast