Thread: Wife wants to shoot crossbow...what to get?

Wife wants to shoot crossbow...what to get?

Guys my wife is a little lade...5'2" 105 lbs and doesnt have the strength to pull 50+ lbs multiple times to shoot compound for hunting....that said she wants to shoot and hunt with me so she was thinking of getting a crossbow...anyone have any suggestions for somethign I should look at getting or what I should stay away from?

"Wife wants to shoot crossbow...what to get?"

a divorce...and quick!
    GOD is my "Aiming System"...and I'm just one of his many arrows!
    BLACK WIDOW PSA II TD RECURVE 62"/43# @28"
    1975 HERTERS PERFECTION MAGNUM RECURVE 60"/44# @ 28"
    BUSHMEN "AMERICAN NATIVE" R/D LONGBOW 64"/37# @ 28"

hahaha thanks

Look at the Excalibur Vixon. A lot of ladies are using these, and yes, a lot of guys are too. They pack a punch and yet are light and easy to cock.

Quote Originally Posted by RMac View Post
    Look at the Excalibur Vixon. A lot of ladies are using these, and yes, a lot of guys are too. They pack a punch and yet are light and easy to cock.
    +2

Any Tenpoint / six point/ Wicked ridge all made by tenpoint. Parkers, Excaliburs. All 3 of these you can get a crank cocking mechism for so she can cock it on her own. I personally would stay away from Barrnetts!! Just my opinion there. Have her shoulder a few to see whats fits her best as every one fits a little different and the LOP are different as well. Most shops will let you shoot them before you buy. I shot 16 different crossbows from 4 different manufactures before I bought my first one.
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

Excal even makes a PINK camo Vixen. Cool.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, Parker, single shot rifles and handguns

2 years ago I was advised to get a Vixen as my first crossbow. I got an Ibex. I loved the Ibex but I love the Vixen more. Both kill deer but the Vixen is more comfortable with it's light weight and simple, tough design. If I was ever going to get a compound, I would get one of the Wicked Ridge crossbows.
    Laura
    CAMX/Ramcats/Black Eagle Accuspines
    Vixen II/Optimizer scope/Boo strings
    http://michigancrossbowfederation.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/MichiganCrossbow

have a look at the ten point gt flex xbow. it has an adjustable rail.90-125-180. lightweight and has anti dry fire.comes in a package with built in rope cocker .

Do not buy any recurve with out here trying to cock it first. Yes the short power stroke is something you need for her but at the top of the power stroke. Other word when she is the weakest its the hardest. It will be considerable easer to cock a compound style with a 13 "+'- power stroke. I have seen a smaller lady 4'-10" in shape not have the range to cock the vixen. She could cock a Darton Serpent. Lighter draw weight and lett-off when she was the weakest{at the top of the power stroke}
    Owner of THS Sporting Center located at 1504 Military St, Port Huron, MI 48060 810-985-4082 www.thssportingcenter.com

A Vixen II would be a great bow if she can cock it or if you plan on cocking it for her. If she's having problems cocking it, then a TenPoint or a SixPoint with the crank cocking mechanism. It has a constant four pound cocking weight.

we got a vixen 2 for my daughter and she has no trouble with it great bows great service .we gave hers a little bling and pink camo has no effect on deer in my opinion

Bowtech Stryker Zone 350, it light, fast and compact. She will love it.

Horton TRT Ultra-Lite and a cocking rope. The bow is very light (6.5 lbs) and still shoots 330fps. Mass weight is something to be aware of as women and children usually have a hard time holding a heavy bow on target for any length of time. And with a cocking rope, it takes the effort needed to cock down to about 85 lbs. Good Luck and I love to hear of more women and children getting out into the woods! We are losing hunters left and right...we'll take all of 'em we can get!

Quote Originally Posted by munch View Post
    we got a vixen 2 for my daughter and she has no trouble with it great bows great service .we gave hers a little bling and pink camo has no effect on deer in my opinion
    Were did you get that quiver bracket?
    Owner of THS Sporting Center located at 1504 Military St, Port Huron, MI 48060 810-985-4082 www.thssportingcenter.com

Take a look at the Carbon Express X-force 400. Its a very short crossbow, made for people of small stature.