Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania Rut

Pennsylvania Rut

What have all you PA hunters been experiencing for rut activity? Doesn't seem like its heated up a whole lot in my area yet....Have seen a few bucks but they've just been kind of feeding along with no real sense of urgency....Haven't seen any bucks that seem to be cruising or really chasing does yet. Have any other PA hunters been experiencing the same thing? Or am I just crazy? haha

slow..super slow - the few bucks that I have been seeing have been lightly feeding or walking thru...no head down cruising or low steading grunt troting that should be occuring at this time of year. Its seems in the Pittsburgh area (2b) its just not really hapening yet. -Just a matter of time - some midday movement of younger deer...just not the ones we are after -

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    To early yet, Nov. 6 on will heat things up around here

2bucks128 Guest
    At a gun club I belong to in the outskirts of the city tonight shooting trap there was a 6pt buck chasing 2 doe around all over the place . He chased then into the woods and waited , when they came out he was chasing them around all over the place. Very funny watching and trying to also shoot. Also we can't hunt these deer they are on city property and die of old age or getting hit on the road. This was tonight Tuesday Nov. 1, 2011 at 730 pm under the lights.

Ok was hoping to hear that...We've got a few awesome bucks in our area but just haven't been getting a lot of responses from them yet....I won't be able to get out again until Saturday but I'll be in the stand all day long so hoping things will be starting to heat up

I'm an hour from pittsburgh...I've seen some rut activity in spurts over the last week or two but the last few days have been totally dead. Spotting is a good indicator I think of what is going on. The last couple of nights I've been seeing nothing but fields full of does laying around. Hardly any bucks. I thought things would really be heating up by now. It could happen any day now though.

2bucks128 Guest
    Haven't seen anything and was out like 6 times. Last Wednesday decided to use the Doe estrus Buck Bomb and saw a 6 pt walking like 35yds from my blind but could not see if he was a shooter. Never believed in this stuff but im starting to wonder . Going to try again tomorrow , still have half a can left.

today i witnessed a spike trailing a doe and her fawn, lol. that's as much rut activity as i've seen all year.

i have been having little bucks chasing for a week now, i had 2 bucks fighting 30 yards infront of me right after i grunted and they came running in and thier fighting brought in another buck. i rattled again this morning and had alittle 4 point come running in grunting trying to find me. i also had a buck mount a doe right in front of me yesterday

I saw no bucks the past two days. When I called to these non-existant bucks, they didn't respond or react to my calls. Therefore, the rut has not started.

Last time I was out was about 2 weeks ago. Didn’t see much. Bucks were still in their bachelor groups. Little bit of playful sparring.

Out all day yesterday hitting the grunt tube and tickling the horns together and saw nothing all day. Got in the car was driving home and bang 8pt. coming out of woods crossing road in the dark.
    Seems like they are still nocturnal yet.

I'm taking the 7th off hopefully it'll be in full force by then.

i saw a 2-3 y/o buck kinda messing with a doe last night...he was just following her around, no sense of urgency as in he wasn't chasing her hard, just kinda following saying " hey there...whats up cutie?"
    08 PSE XForce TS (29' 65#), HHA 5019, Rip Cord, Stokerized Concealment Hunter, Little Goose, CE Mayhems

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    I saw no bucks the past two days. When I called to these non-existant bucks, they didn't respond or react to my calls. Therefore, the rut has not started.
    Hey Nicko I am right across the river basically in East Coventry....activity is really picking up over here this week! icing on the cake was a big 8pt nose to the ground last night right in my backyard at 6pm! Not a care in the world man he was on a mission....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuckdan View Post
    Hey Nicko I am right across the river basically in East Coventry....activity is really picking up over here this week! icing on the cake was a big 8pt nose to the ground last night right in my backyard at 6pm! Not a care in the world man he was on a mission....
    Good to hear. I'm not seeing any daytime activity but scraping has really picked up the past couple days. I'm starting to see them everywhere. Now if I can just start seeing the deer that are making them.

Tonight I saw several bucks chasing doe around the field. Most were little buck but they were chasing pretty hard so hopefully it should heat up soon.

dad killed one this morning running three does
    2014 Hoyt CS 34

nothing major yet just now starting scrapes here , rut is slow seems like . going to w.v. hunt next week i am tagged out as far as bucks been setting in tree with daughter with camera kinda dead here last couple weeks . small bucks fighting and harassing does tonight found some new scrapes looking up as far as sign could be bad with heat wave next week 70'S

No chasing here in Elk county. Should pick up by the weeks end...Hopefully.

been out all day this week every day ! I just came home 5 min. before dark the doe's came out all 5 mature no buck . yesterday same deal but buck also came out huge thick 8 point 20 yards away from where the doe came out was not chasing or following . I haven't seen a young buck this year 3 big bucks a 10 a 11 and that 8 .
    doe bleat chases doe away ! grunt nothing doe Pee also put doe on alert .

Nothing here in the Pocono area. Been out nearly everynight with a steady stream of 5-10 does, but no bucks following

If your asking WHY I HAVENT SHOT ONE I guess I just suck at hunting ! Im really starting not to have fun !

come on fellows just like every other year its going to start the 3rd week of November when your not allowed to shoot em.....

Saw a small buck harassing a doe yesterday morning. He wasn't chasing her though. Grunted to him before I saw him. He came through twice looking for who grunted. Had him at 10 yards a few times. Just too small to shoot. I took this week off from work. Looks as though I should of waited until next week.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast