a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 strother wrath & sx-rush video & review

2012 strother wrath & sx-rush video & review

I had a chance to meet Lance at one of the local shops here in NC yesterday afternoon. He brought up the new 2012 WRATH & SX-RUSH for us to try. I am hoping the dealer signs up as we dont have anyone local to work with. Both bows shot great. The draw cycle is perfect IMO. The speeds were spot on to spec. The RUSH measured out at 27.5" @ 59.6lbs. We shot 316fps with a 298gr arrow. The WRATH measured 28.5" @ 60lbs. It achieved 309fps withe same arrow. IBO on the RUSH is 342 @ 30/70 with 6.5" brace. The WRATH is 328 @ 30/70 with 8" brace. I was very impressed at the efficiency of the cam on both bows. After the shot ,the WRATH just sits in your hand. The RUSH was similiar with a slight forward roll afterwards. These should be very popular bows in the hunting world. Keep up the good work guys!

Video????

Quote Originally Posted by simplekindofman View Post
    Video????
    Um yeah, i can see it plainly on my screen.

Both look like super shooters, thanks for the vid.
    2013 Elite Answer
    2014 Xpedition Archery XRing 6

B-Stinger / HHA / QAD / CX Maxima / RAGE / Center Circle & Retrieverfishin strings

Will they finally deliver left-handed bows?

It's not really feasible for us southpaws to support a company that didn't show us support last model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I wish you guys would have shown how the new cable slide system works.

Thanks for the video

Wonder when Strother Archery is going to up date the web site ???

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post

Thanks for the video
    I thought about that about 5 mins AFTER i left the shop,lol. Basically when the bow is drawn the cables move left in the new slide. It has angled slots that allow the cables to move without adding tension to the cable rod. They dont move far enough left to interfere with the fletch either. I didnt think there was nearly as much pressure on the slide system as ive seen on the past cable slides. Some of the SX-1`s had some issues with wearing out the slides. This wont be a problem on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by flieger67 View Post
    Will they finally deliver left-handed bows?

It's not really feasible for us southpaws to support a company that didn't show us support last model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    I could be wrong, BUT, i think they will offer LH bows this year. Thats the talk ive heard anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post

Thanks for the video
    The cable slide that is on these bows that the reps have is a prototype. The production model will be cleaned up and mount a little differently. At the time I am sure SA will have a video out highlighting this feature. Of course guys like Kenny will probably beat them to it with the prototype version.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Olie View Post
    Wonder when Strother Archery is going to up date the web site ???
    When they do an official release of the 2012 bows. The Moxie has not been released yet and the Hope is in the final stage of testing and completion. When that happens the website will be updated. I suspect that will occur in the next couple of weeks.
    Hoyt CS34

Awesome job. I need a wrath!! Can't wait to buy one
    2014 Elite Energy 32 (29/65)
    Tommy Hogg/ QAD HDX/ Tightspot Quiver/ Elite 7" Stab
    Goldtip 7595/ Exodus 100 grains/ Carter RX1 release

Quote Originally Posted by kenny_TNT_tv View Post
    I could be wrong, BUT, i think they will offer LH bows this year. Thats the talk ive heard anyways.
    I think LH risers are being cut right now. . . . . or any day at least. I am starting to learn cricket language and that is what I deciphered. Or. . . . . they all just wanted to schedule a lunch date. . . . I don't know, it's a tough language to comprehend.
    Hoyt CS34

10-4 Mr AR. I guess you have a little more time on your hands now that you are "tagged out!"

Sorry Fellas.. Damn Ipad wouldn't pull it up... I thought about that about 2 minutes after I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by AR&BOW View Post
    I think LH risers are being cut right now. . . . . or any day at least. I am starting to learn cricket language and that is what I deciphered. Or. . . . . they all just wanted to schedule a lunch date. . . . I don't know, it's a tough language to comprehend.
    Yeah I now consider myself bilingual as well.

Nice video Kenny.
    "Just another fine day of grown men acting like 13 year olds over their bows" - Anonymous

Great video Kenny!

Very nice. Thanks for taking the time. One question though. How would you rate the shot noise? It seemed very quiet on the video.

That Rush is looking sweeter each time I hear about it.

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

2013 Elite Answer Max-1 "Max", 29" 60lbs GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal Sight, Rocket Hammer Heads(turks), Slicks(Deer)

Quote Originally Posted by Tlariat View Post
    Very nice. Thanks for taking the time. One question though. How would you rate the shot noise? It seemed very quiet on the video.
    I have a High Quality Sony shotgun mic along with an Azden wireless mic attached to the front of my collar. They were attached to a Sony Z5U cam shooting 30p footage. I blended the audio so it was crisp as a crickets butt. The sound is true. All you could really hear was the arrow smacking the target each time. These bows are VERY quiet. I know they both are going to be a big hit to the people that try them. The specs are similiar to a ton of bows out there, but, it hits the specs on the money. Also has no vibe , holds rock steady and has a killer draw cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ChappyHOYT View Post
    Ive about decided thats the one im going with as well.

I can see a rush in my future... but will it beat out my Pulse for the top seat? ....

Those bows are extremely quiet! I was suprised by the RUSH draw cycle, appears extremely smooth for a 342IBO.
    I believe it will come down to the RUSH vs. Answer (speed mods) for me this year.
    2013 Elite Answer

B-Stinger / HHA / QAD / CX Maxima / RAGE / Center Circle & Retrieverfishin strings

Quote Originally Posted by ChappyHOYT View Post
    You would be impressed Kent for sure.
    "Just another fine day of grown men acting like 13 year olds over their bows" - Anonymous

I hear Strother will have a full line of accesories to go with the bows?
    Anyone know details?
    2013 Elite Answer

There will be a line of accessories offered. They have not gone public yet as the deals are not completed. Im sure the announcements will be made by the end of the year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast