a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Good rifle range - Waushara county area?

Good rifle range - Waushara county area?

Im headed up for the next week and a half to bow hunt.

I need to take a few shots with both deer rifles and the muzzleloader (as it will have a new scope).

I normally just shoot at my land but with me being up there all week, figure I would rather not be blasting around as much as I can help it. Also our bench got destroyed in the tornado and with all the new deer stands to build its just not going to happen in time this year.

So looking for a club that will be open during the week, that has nice bench area to shoot from. Having sand bags on hand, or shooting vice would be a bonus (all destroyed in shed during twister as well)

Heck even if a fellow AT'er in the area has a good set up, I would def take ya out for a lunch/cold one to repay ya some how.
    Kevin Garceau

Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

Berlin conservation club is the only place that comes to mind. Waushara's a pretty big county but if your going to be near Neshkoro though, we've got a setup nothing great but it'll get the job done. Could shoot out to 400 if you really wanted. PM if you want, I'll be up there from the 5th-13th unless I punch my tag early. I've still got to shoot my rifle yet this year.
    -Nick

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Z - I may take you up on that. I will have net on my phone....I dont mind driving. Im between West Bloomfield and Poy Sippi so anything in the fox valley would work too. Not too worried about driving a little ways or anything.
    Kevin Garceau

There is a public shooting range on County C just west of Wautoma. I haven't been there in many years but it was a nice public range down a dirt road in the middle of some public hunting land. There were 5 target lanes and benches for each. There is no staff at this range and it's free. If I remember it gets pretty busy leading up to gun season. We use to go during the week and were usually the only people there.

Here is a map link to the location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.085...0&z=16&iwloc=A

Quote Originally Posted by browning3 View Post
    There is a public shooting range on County C just west of Wautoma. I haven't been there in many years but it was a nice public range down a dirt road in the middle of some public hunting land. There were 5 target lanes and benches for each. There is no staff at this range and it's free. If I remember it gets pretty busy leading up to gun season. We use to go during the week and were usually the only people there.
    Yep, get there at 8am because its busy up till opening day.
    2010 PSE Vendetta XL, Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2012 PSE Dominator 3D Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2014 PSE Supra Max, Doinker,CBE,Goldtip Arrows.

thanks guys...I ended up tagging a buck Monday morning and coming back.

freak racked little 1.5 year old thats at the taxidermist now.
    Kevin Garceau