Thread: Mathews Feather Max Bow

Mathews Feather Max Bow

Hey everyone. I'm considering purchasing a mathews feather max. Don't know much about the bow or what it's worth. It's in great condition with true glow fiber optic sights, silencers, and decent arrow rest. Anyone have any experience with the bow and/or know about how much it's worth? Thanks!

Maybe 150.00 tops..Thats an OLDIE from Mathews..

Definitly not more than $175.00
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC
    John's Custom Strings + Bow-A Constrictor Bow Presses
    "Of all the sounds on earth let me hear the bugle of a bull elk on a cold morning in the Rocky mountains, and then one more-The still small voice of God." Psalm 19

Quote Originally Posted by Wholaverj View Post
    Maybe 150.00 tops..Thats an OLDIE from Mathews..
    Do you know when this bow was made?

It was made from 1997 to 2001
    2011 Conquest 4
    CBE Sight, CR Apex Scope, B-Stinger

The feather max was my first bow. I bought it used last year and it worked great for the year I shot it. Now I am shooting a Z9. You can tell there is a big difference between the two but there is 10 years of tech differences. The only thing I wanted to put on the max was a string stop. It is loud by today's standards and that would have help quiet it down. I paid 140 for it and had to replace everything on it. I put new sight, rest, and cam (DL was too short when I go it). I do plan on setting it up for bow fishing this winter. I feel I was a good starter bow and I appreciate my Z9 that much more.

Nick
    2011 Mathews Z9
    Left Handed
    299@70 32in draw 400grain arrow
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my dad the most."

Quote Originally Posted by NWETZEL82 View Post
    The feather max was my first bow. I bought it used last year and it worked great for the year I shot it. Now I am shooting a Z9. You can tell there is a big difference between the two but there is 10 years of tech differences. The only thing I wanted to put on the max was a string stop. It is loud by today's standards and that would have help quiet it down. I paid 140 for it and had to replace everything on it. I put new sight, rest, and cam (DL was too short when I go it). I do plan on setting it up for bow fishing this winter. I feel I was a good starter bow and I appreciate my Z9 that much more.

Nick
    I ended up test shooting the bow and also noticed how loud the string was, so I will definitely consider a string stop! Thanks for the reply.