Thread: Windy conditions and deer movement??? HELP???

Windy conditions and deer movement??? HELP???

so ill be going out this weekend and its suppose to be nice out but winds are in the 25 mph range. what have you guys noticed with deer movement in windy conditions like this? either way ill be hunting because two big bucks were shot by my cousins last night, but i just havent hunted windy conditions very often. whats your guys take on it? The rut is on in my area

Proud to be a Wisconsin Hunter.
    Elite GT-500, Easton Axis, TruGlow 5 pin Micro-Brite sight, specialty archery stabalizer, RIPCORD Drop-Away

anything? need some feedback
    Proud to be a Wisconsin Hunter.
    Elite GT-500, Easton Axis, TruGlow 5 pin Micro-Brite sight, specialty archery stabalizer, RIPCORD Drop-Away

if you can get out of the wind it will help ruts on they will move

I have never had real good luck in heavily wooded areas in the wind. I'm sure the deer in Wisconsin act much differently but it's seems to me that I have better luck hunting edges and open areas when it is windy. We have gusts up to 55 mph here today so I'm gonna give it a try, the bucks are chasing so they have to be somewhere.
    Luck is a word average people use to validate their mediocrity.

Windy days are good for sneaking into the bedding areas of the bucks or does. You can get closer, get away with more noise, and more movement. The wind is also more predictable on really windy days so that you have no confusion of wind direction. Windy days disperse your scent(s) further too and can bring bucks in from further ranges. The more windy it is the closer I hunt to the bedding areas because the deer may not move as much in windy conditions in places that they are not used to the wind.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

Quote Originally Posted by snoman4 View Post
    Windy days are good for sneaking into the bedding areas of the bucks or does. You can get closer, get away with more noise, and more movement. The wind is also more predictable on really windy days so that you have no confusion of wind direction. Windy days disperse your scent(s) further too and can bring bucks in from further ranges. The more windy it is the closer I hunt to the bedding areas because the deer may not move as much in windy conditions in places that they are not used to the wind.
    Good advice right there.
    Luck is a word average people use to validate their mediocrity.

Go get yourself a Buck Bomb Dominant Buck scent and pop it off and then high tail it to your stand and wait. The wind will carry the scent up to a mile away and should bring in any big boy defending his area.