a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: New Diamond bow - Deadeye or Fugitive?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westport, WA
    Posts
    312

    New Diamond bow - Deadeye or Fugitive?

    I'm new here and new to bowhunting again after not doing it for 15 years. I just ordered a Diamond Fugitive but now wondering if I should have gone with the Deadeye. I've read that the Deadeye has a lot of hand shock and is top heavy. I haven't read anything particularly bad on the Fugitive though. Anyone have an opinion on the comparison? The 6-1/8" brace height of the Deadeye concerned me. I'm shooting 70# at 26.5" drawlength. Thanks.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pomona Kansas in the backwoods
    Posts
    1,431
    Honestly, I'd stick with the fugitive, I could tell ya bout the dead eye I had but to summarize the dead eye is a single cam destroyer 340 but not as good IMO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,234
    I would get the Fugitive. Right now, I have a Marquis. It's the smoothest bow I have owned. If you can find a Marquis, buy it. You'll save enough money to purchase a rest and sight. You won't regret it.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westport, WA
    Posts
    312
    Thanks for the replies so far.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego & OKC
    Posts
    1,799
    I went with the Diamond Outlaw it's basically the bowtech assassin with a single cam. You give up like 3fps and save approx $200 if you order online with no taxes.. a no brainer for me.

  6. #6
    I've shot both a ton because I work for a big name outdoors store, and my buddy had a Dead Eye. I would actually go with the Outlaw. We've chronoed the Outlaw and Fugitive with the same specs a bunch of times, and you may get 2-4 fps difference. Not worth the extra $100 IMO. It is such a smoother draw than the Dead Eye too, 10x more solid back wall, and less $. The Dead Eye wasn't near as fast as rated, had a super short valley and wanted to jump on you if you weren't focused on holding it back. It was top heavy and wanted to torque (in my experience with it). Save a few hundred bucks and get some better accessories!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westport, WA
    Posts
    312
    I was going to get the Outlaw at first but decided on the Fugitive because it would go down an extra 0.5" in drawlength. Just not sure if 26 or 26.5 would fit better so wanted to leave this option open. My first bow was an impulse buy of a department store Bear single cam in the 90's. I didn't even know what my dl was at that time. 30" dl was way way too long for me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Venisonville, IN
    Posts
    5,322
    Save money and go with the Outlaw if you want a new one. Otherwise, try a Diamond Iceman or BlackIce. I have had and loved both.
    Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
    Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
    Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold

  9. #9
    You will hear a lot of negative on here about the Deadeye. Test fire them both, 10 shots with the Fugitive, take a break, then test fire the Deadeye for 10 shots. That's what I did..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    57
    I have the Outlaw...cheaper...shoots fast...longer brace height...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by robbcayman View Post
    I went with the Diamond Outlaw it's basically the bowtech assassin with a single cam. You give up like 3fps and save approx $200 if you order online with no taxes.. a no brainer for me.
    X2 Outlaw! Or the Assassin for the price range

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westport, WA
    Posts
    312
    thanks again for the input.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California/Florida
    Posts
    613
    They Dead Eye is not top heavy on the shot. i have an Octane stab on mine and it balances well. I have no problems getting 310fps at 29/70 setup with 410gn ST Epics. I have large hands and have no issue with torque or the 6 1/8 BH. The bow is properly tuned. To those who complain about it creeping if not staying focused on the shot, well they are over bowed. The Dead Eye is not a beginner bow. I like the "short valley". I shot all three (Fugitive, Outlaw & Dead Eye), I prefer the FLX Guard over a cable slide. The bow is easy to tune with no cam lean problems.
    Last edited by vito9999; November 7th, 2011 at 02:03 AM. Reason: typo
    2013 Quest Drive, 60X Strings
    2011 Diamond Dead Eye Octane Strings
    2009 Diamond Marquis Pro Line Strings
    2008 Bowtech Commander Winners Choice
    2007 Bowtech Gaurdian Vapor Trail

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pomona Kansas in the backwoods
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by vito9999 View Post
    They Dead Eye is not top heavy on the shot. i have an Octane stab on mine and it balances well. I have no problems getting 310fps at 29/70 setup with 410gn ST Epics. I have large hands and have no issue with torque or the 6 1/8 BH. The bow is properly tuned. To those who complain about it creeping if not staying focused on the shot, well they are over bowed. The Dead Eye is not a beginner bow. I like the "short valley". I shot all three (Fugitive, Outlaw & Dead Eye), I prefer the FLX Guard over a cable slide. The bow is easy to tune with no cam lean problems.
    My issue with the dead eye was not
    Necessarily speed, "top heaviness" or pulling on me.
    I know Recon Ron has heard my complaints about the dead eye before but I'll reiterate my issues with the Dead eye.
    1st I don't believe in top heavy bows unless it's just massively ridonkulous
    2nd bowtech presented it as something it was NOT it's a single cam destroyer 340 just not as good IMO the grip, limbs, riser, string stop, FLX guard, draw mod even the cable dampners are off of left over 340 parts (since they killed off the 340) even the cam looks similar to the 340 bowtech should've been honest and called it the Destroyer 340-1, but they wouldn't have sold very many given the choice of single or dual cams ill take dual cams so would ALOT guys. 2nd the bow looks and feels cheap they ditched the 2010 in velvet finish for a 2011 in velvet that feels like cheap truck bed liner but no where near as tough if I looked at mine funny the finish scratched (exaggeration of course but it's weak) they didn't even prep the riser correctly! In the inside cut outs of the riser corners (all of em) there were White spots about the size of a pencil eraser all the way up the riser! 3rd they ditched hardwoods camo for Mossey oak marble oops I mean tree stand but it looks identical to marble and makes the bow look awful IMO it looks tons better in black ops BUT guess what ? It costs more-of course. 4th the draw stop has a cheap rubber cover that likes to slide off then it cuts your serving (do a search) I've HEARD issues of the dead eye locking up at full draw due to the draw stop design 5th the first guys to get dead eyes had to buy the RAK package cause no other accessory comp was producing MOTS til a lil while later and of course the RAK pack cost more naturally either that or run your mismatched accessories for awhile 6th the bow in MOTS had zero personality or character it was just plan boring to look at there was nothing that caught your eye or interesting on the bow. Now if you're gonna say "well, I don't care how a bow looks" then you're one of a small group cause most people tend to like their bows to appeal to their eye in some way. I handed my dead eye to 12 different guys and told em to close their eyes and then open em and point out as many interesting things or something on the bow that caught their eye within 5 secs but name at least 1 (counting like 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand etc) not one of the guys could pick a single thing after about 5 mins one guy said "hey the lil carbon stickers on the limb pockets are kinda cool, but ya can't really see em easily." so what's my point? The bow was half @$$ed and rushed out the door and made as cheap as possible with left over 340 parts. 6th and my biggest issue in 2010 they had the iceman FLX and it drew like butta, large valley, rock solid back wall, completely quiet and vibe free on draw and shot no hand shock and accurate as well as looking good but no, it was not fast or speedy they coulda tweaked the cam/riser and milked some more fps outta it without sacrificing EVERYTHING I just mentioned BUT nope they threw it ALL away to gain a few fps it's not worth it in my opinion
    I'm in NO WAY trying to offend you dead eye guys, I had one and was completely disappointed and let down, the dead eye was the bow I WANTED to love and I didn't/wouldn't before you think I have a prob with speed bows or am a noob to archery think agsin and check my sig and that ain't the first one I also had a monster xlr8 as well and many others
    If you guys love em that's all that matters FOR YOU but it's definatrly not a bow for everyone, there are alot of faster, smoother, less vibe, better looking, quality, attention to detail speed bows out there ie the destroyer 350 if ya HAVE to have bowtech this is just my 2 cents as I said I'm not trying to offend you offend you dead eye guys heck with my opinion and a dollar maybe ya can buy a can of pop
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California/Florida
    Posts
    613
    Stoked Here is a $1.00, buy a pop. Just kidding, really. I take know offense to your comments at all. I agree the Dead Eye is not for all. I did ditch the Octane strings on mine for a set of WC custom flo purple/orange strings it helped a lot. The stock Octane stings that came on my bow were junk to begin with and that should not have happened in the 1st place. In addition I did not buy a RAK bow just the bare bow and put Code Red rest and Cobra Sight which were a major upgrade from the RAK items. Could the bow have been better? Yes of course it could have. As for being a Destroyer 340-1 well yeah that is a good description, nothing wrong with that at all. How much faster is a Destroyer 340 for the xtra cost? Well it is not, so for less money the Dead Eye/Destroyer 340-1 is actually faster. The Throttle Cam is not similar to the Overdrive Cam on the Destroyer's it is just a big dynamic cam. As far as the in-velvet finish you are correct they could have done a better job with it for sure as I had some wear around my grip. Watch out one of the new 2012 Bowtech's may come out with a Binary Throttle Cams system on it lol but who would be able to pull that bow back..
    2013 Quest Drive, 60X Strings
    2011 Diamond Dead Eye Octane Strings
    2009 Diamond Marquis Pro Line Strings
    2008 Bowtech Commander Winners Choice
    2007 Bowtech Gaurdian Vapor Trail

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westport, WA
    Posts
    312
    How about some input on the Fugitive??

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California/Florida
    Posts
    613
    Sorry about Hijacking your thread. I liked the Fugitive, it was a good shooter. Just had the twang in it from the string stop. I do not like the RAK version's of any of these 3 bows. As far as the draw well it has the same cam as the Dead Eye so it is going to ramp up on you. You really need to go shoot all 3. I felt there was now real difference between the Outlaw and the Fugitive. For the price they are hard to beat. Do a comparison with the PSE Brute HD and the Outlaw/Fugitive the Brute is a very nice mid priced bow but about 10-15fps slower because of it's greater BH. Brute may be a better bow for you to start out with.
    2013 Quest Drive, 60X Strings
    2011 Diamond Dead Eye Octane Strings
    2009 Diamond Marquis Pro Line Strings
    2008 Bowtech Commander Winners Choice
    2007 Bowtech Gaurdian Vapor Trail

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pomona Kansas in the backwoods
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by vito9999 View Post
    Stoked Here is a $1.00, buy a pop. Just kidding, really. I take know offense to your comments at all. I agree the Dead Eye is not for all. I did ditch the Octane strings on mine for a set of WC custom flo purple/orange strings it helped a lot. The stock Octane stings that came on my bow were junk to begin with and that should not have happened in the 1st place. In addition I did not buy a RAK bow just the bare bow and put Code Red rest and Cobra Sight which were a major upgrade from the RAK items. Could the bow have been better? Yes of course it could have. As for being a Destroyer 340-1 well yeah that is a good description, nothing wrong with that at all. How much faster is a Destroyer 340 for the xtra cost? Well it is not, so for less money the Dead Eye/Destroyer 340-1 is actually faster. The Throttle Cam is not similar to the Overdrive Cam on the Destroyer's it is just a big dynamic cam. As far as the in-velvet finish you are correct they could have done a better job with it for sure as I had some wear around my grip. Watch out one of the new 2012 Bowtech's may come out with a Binary Throttle Cams system on it lol but who would be able to pull that bow back..
    Can I put some rum in it?
    Yeah I agree with ya I just hope for 2012 bowtech address' their issues (plural) we'll see I suppose


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by vito9999 View Post
    Sorry about Hijacking your thread. I liked the Fugitive, it was a good shooter. Just had the twang in it from the string stop. I do not like the RAK version's of any of these 3 bows. As far as the draw well it has the same cam as the Dead Eye so it is going to ramp up on you. You really need to go shoot all 3. I felt there was now real difference between the Outlaw and the Fugitive. For the price they are hard to beat. Do a comparison with the PSE Brute HD and the Outlaw/Fugitive the Brute is a very nice mid priced bow but about 10-15fps slower because of it's greater BH. Brute may be a better bow for you to start out with.
    I have to agree with the Pse Brute x! And personally think the Brute is nicer looking then my Bowmadness as well as only a few FPS slower! Not bad for a 399 dollar bow. If ya haven't seen em at least take a peek on there site if ya can.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westport, WA
    Posts
    312
    No worries about hijacking, let the discussion go where it may. I'm new to the archery game after being out of it for a long time, so I'm glad to get the input! Would like to get a little more feedback on the Fugitive though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •